“Lovely ambience, friendly helpful staff and pleasant food.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2,400 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bakery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Whether you are on the go or have time to linger, Le Pain Quotidien is the perfect place to catch a break from the city life. The homey interior matches our organic farm food roots; a splendid display of everything from tarts to tartines can be found here at any time of day. And there's always enough fresh bread to go around!
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely ambience, friendly helpful staff and pleasant food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Really busy at the time we called in but didnt have to wait long to be seated. One of my companions is disabled and staff were excellent in finding us an appropriately accessible table. Despite being busy, our order was brought along very quickly. We only had hot drinks and a quiche type thing, but it was all very good. Not overly pricey and a nice place to while away an hour. Great cafe culture area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
London, England, United Kingdom
“Rip - off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We visited this branch of the chain prior to a visit to the Royal Albert Hall. I shall never set foot in one of these places again. The bill came to £32ish, for a small beer, a small glass of wine, two open sandwiches and a discretionary 12.5% service charge. As a London resident, I have always defended the prices charged in the city as what you might expect - this just reminded me of the worst examples quoted in the past. This snack was nothing more than a rip - off of the highest order.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great for brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We visit our local branch in Wimbledon Village on a regular basis, Great food and good for the kids also.

Visited December 2013
“Nonexistent service, so I can't review the food I never got”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stopped in here in the morning on the way to the museums. The place was crowded and stiflingly hot inside, so I asked the waitress if I could buy food at the counter and eat it outside at the tables, or if the tables had table service. She didn't understand me, and I ended up having to rephrase this question 3 times until she finally told me to go sit outside for table service.

So, I did. After a relatively long while, she came out, helped the man across from me who'd already been served his meal, and walked within inches of me to go back inside. She made no eye contact, and said nothing. Not, "I'll be with you in a minute," nothing.

So, not wanting to wait around interminably to see if I could ever get some unfriendly service, I went directly across the street to Fernandez and Wells and had a wonderful breakfast served by two servers who were friendly, talkative, and happy to help a customer. The genial conversation I had with one of them is still a great memory from my trip. The sandwich I had there was to die for and I'm rather glad I was ignored at LPQ in retrospect.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Poole, United Kingdom
“Charming treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We had afternoon tea here after visiting the V&A. We were lucky to be seated in the corner window which gave us lots of room and the opportunity for people watching. The cakes were delicious but not too sweet. Although I've been to much cheaper cafe's the price is about average for a coffee chain and has the sdvantage of table service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere