“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ruskin Hotel

Hotels.com Agoda.com
Ruskin Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   386 High Street North | Manor Park, London E12 6PH, England   |
Ranked #300 of 1,071 hotels in London
Cairo
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Staff were fantastic, welcoming, friendly and helpful. Took the time to show us maps, recommend shopping venues, and ask for any feedback to make our stay more comfortable/enjoyable.
The hotel is very new and clean, and right next to a bus stop. 5 mins walk from the tube station and in the middle of lots of restaurants and fast food stops.
Great services & amenities for the price asked, i wouldn't have expected the rooms to have safes at that price in a 3 star hotel for example
Not the best location ever, but with only a 30 min tube ride into central london it was plain fantastic
I'd definitely go back to the Ruskin if back in london soon =)

James P, Owner at Ruskin Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
There is a great sense of self satisfaction when a guest leaves a positive review.

We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay at Ruskin Hotel and we would like to thank you for recommending us to others on TripAdvisor.

james.pararajan@ruskinhotels.co.uk

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Indian Shores, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

From the moment I walked through the door I was welcomed with a warm friendly smile. Check in time was not until 2pm, however I was checked in earlier as my room was ready. This was very much appreciated as I just got off a long flight. Breakfast hit the spot and the rooms were clean and new. Definitely come back again!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
James P, Owner at Ruskin Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you so much for the lovely review.

It is very much appreciated.

James Pararajan | Managing Director

T: + (0) 44 2085 482000
F: + (0) 44 2085 482060
Tokyo, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

On booking via booking.com we by mistake booked a wrong hotel. On calling the hotel in 5 mins after the booking made they told us that they couldnot refund us as per I booked on non refundable policy. My university was in central London but still I managed to get to Ruskin Hotel and travel daily to my Uni. The area is so noisy and packed. Rude staff and not at all welcoming. Check out was even worst. Breakfast was good but they watch you as if you will eat more. Reception lady was eating while attending us and was very rude.when checkout I had the same staff and we were just 10 mins late and she was behaving as if they will not be able to clean our rooms in future. Hotel is new built and good rooms but far off from station and central london. pity on staff sorry they need to learn more.

Room Tip: Be ready to get Insulted
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and feedback following your recent stay with us.

It is with great concern that I read that you did not experience the high standards we aim to provide and I would like to put remedy to these matters. Should you have a minute I would appreciate if you could send me a personal email with some further details of your visit. This would greatly increase my ability to review and act upon areas that might require attention.

Regardless of your response I wanted to ensure that you felt your comments are heard and we take the feedback from our guests as a valuable tool to constantly improve our service and product.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

E: james.pararajan@ruskinhotels.co.uk
Barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The place was very clan and the rooms bigger and more comfortable than I expected for the price we were paying; the staff was very nice and helpful; and there was plenty of food for breakfast :) The location is not the best of the world, but there are also lots of options to eat at night on the main street.

Swindon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel overall was very nice. Room was clean, however the light over out bed failed on us. We informed the receptionist, who promptly sent someone out to take a look. The issue couldn't be fixed and were were offered an alternative room. We denied it - I can live with a failed light!. Breakfast was lovely, a wide selection of items for a continental breakfast. My only gripe was the location, it's set in an Indian neighborhood, and while walking through the neighborhood at night I did feel a bit vunerable due to the stares I was getting due to being the only white person around. The people in the resturants around were very friendly tho. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at the Ruskin Hotel in February. It is a new hotel with very friendly staff that helped us out with ordering a taxi etc. It is in an Indian neighborhood with fantastic smells of food of Indian food and chicken. You can eat there for a small price, but be prepare that it can look subordinated to you, anyway, people from the restaurants are as friendly as the hotel staff.

The room is basic with a good well sized bed. Materials at the room desk, shower, wardrobe are basic as well, and sometimes looks too budget. For example, the clothes hanger felt down a few times.
There is no wifi in the rooms (lobby only), the staff will give you a network cable for a deposit of £5. I had some problems with the internet in the room, because it was not stable all the time / gives some network errors. After a few refreshes in the browser, the sites loaded.

The breakfast is varied. Pancakes, waffles, bread, croissants, Frankfurt sausages, fruit, yogurt, chocolates, cheese, meat, juice. But you have to watch out if it is not too old, at my first day I had a pancake with a little mold on it. Rest of the days it looks fresh.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and feedback following your recent stay with us.

It is a shame that we did not deliver the high standards that we set ourselves. We have already put provisions in place to address the issues that you have raised.

If you could provide me further details of your stay then that would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

E: james.pararajan@ruskinhotels.co.uk
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in Feb 2013

As per the other reviews, staff very attentive and helpful. Rooms comfortable and clean. Decor/furniture all fairly new. Good value

Local restaurants are all fairly basic (fried chicken shops and lots of tamil/asian cafes - most of them not licensed).

2 stations (new ham and woodgrange park) within 10 mins walk

Worth a look if you're going to be in the area

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ruskin Hotel? Share your experiences!