“Hi Tech” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel London Blackfriars

You added Novotel London Blackfriars to your Saves list
Novotel London Blackfriars
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NZ, England (London Bridge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 40% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #174 of 1,066 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Maratea, Italy
“Hi Tech”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The Novotel is located very comfortably if you are interested in the city. The service is excelent. the whole design is high Techy. Sometimes a bit much. Many gimicks all around. i liked the saunarium, which is a hybrid between dry sauna and steam bath. i liked breakfast selection although very traditional. Did not like the gimicky approach instead of straight forward hospitality.

Room Tip: the higher you are the quieter it is.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

After moving from another hotel which was way more expensive and nowhere near the quality of this hotel, was unable to get 5 nights at the time of booking at Novotel, so only had two nights there, it was everything I could have wanted. Great location, close to Southwark tube, site seeing not too far to walk to On Off Buses. Breakfast was amazing. Very modern and up to date decor. Large room and modern bathroom. Would stay again if ever back in London. One of my best stays in Europe.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We found this hotel very modern, clean and comfortable. The room was on the smaller side for 4 people but as we were out for 11-12 hours each day it was perfectly adequate. Perfectly located with a 2 minute walk to Southwark tube. One change from Heathrow. Our 7 and 9 year olds loved the pool in the evening and the ipads/x-box/interactive table. Meals in restaurant were good. Kids menu was really good. Plenty of options that were actually healthy. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your great review and 5* rating.

It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am particularly happy to read that your children have enjoyed the swimming pool and the healthy kids and a la carte menu.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Swindon, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A return visit to a hotel I stayed in soon after it opened was a disappointment. It began badly with an overlong wait at reception and an uninterested young woman who eventually assisted me. I had very deliberately booked one of their new generation rooms but was shoehorned instead into a disabled room, without being asked if this was acceptable. I'd only booked six months in advance, so I guess they were out of the other type of room.

The time I had wasted downstairs and the thought of the blank faced receptionist made it difficult for me to challenge/change this. I might have if I had also realised just how noisy front rooms are. This was the worst night's sleep I've had in London in the last year - and I spend a lot of time in the city.

The virtually empty mini bar suggested a hotel on the way down, not one relatively new, and being asked to pay £2.50 for a small bottle of still water (free in many Accor group hotels) just added to the sense that this wasn't a great place to stay. Breakfast was good.

They did offer me a free drink to make up for my disappointment, but since it was 8am and I'd just had breakfast this sounded more like a standard response than anything they really envisaged I'd accept.

Overall, this isn't a place I feel any desire to return to.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us and I am very disappointed to read that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

I am very surprised to read your comments about our staff at the reception, as this is always being positively commented on. I can assure you that we will take the appropriate measure to address your concerns and prevent any re occurrence. We are training our staff daily on our service standards and behaviour and I will personally look into this matter.

All our rooms are the next generation Novotel bedrooms and do have the same standard. However we do offer rooms which are fitted accessible and I am sorry that you felt that it would have been difficult to change the room for you, due to your experience. All our team is 24/7 available to help our guests with any questions and queries.

Every Novotel in the UK offers the same services and this includes the charge of the items in the minibar.

I am very glad that you have enjoyed the breakfast and I would of course have expected a much more pro-active response and gesture from my colleagues.

I am very sorry that we were not able to convince you of our product and should you change your mind in the future, please contact me directly and I will personally look after your reservation.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed one night BB rate in a 12th floor executive room with balcony (expensive but it was for a special occasion!) - large room with everything you could want eg iron/ironing board, tea and coffee (nespresso) tray, bathrobes/slippers etc. The room was modern, clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was served in the hotel restaurant - it was okay but a bit disappointing, many hot items looked as though they had been there a while but there was a good choice of both hot and cold items. The hotel is about 2 minutes walk to Southwark tube station and about 20 minutes to Waterloo Main and tube stations. We walked from the hotel via Waterloo Bridge to Covent Garden and it took us about 35 minutes - wonderful night-time views of London from the bridge.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying with and I am thankful for all your feedback and recommendation.

It is very nice to see that you have enjoyed your stay in one of our Executive rooms with balcony and that our large room had everything you needed. I am particularly happy to read that you find the room to be modern, clean, comfortable and quiet.

I am sorry to read about your experience at the breakfast and I have forward your comments to our Food and Beverage department. I am still glad that you have noticed the good choice of both hot and cold items.

I am very glad that you find our hotel to be good and you have enjoyed our central location.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for your next visit to London.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We found this hotel to be very new, or at least newly refurbished, with a bright, modern, relaxed feel to it - just what we wanted for travelling with our 9 year old.

It's not in the dead centre of London, but almost everywhere is less than a 30 minute walk, and it's just over the river from Blackfriars Station so easy for public transport. We didn't find lots of cafes etc. really close by - there are quite a lot of office buildings so it's fairly quiet on the weekend, but there was a selection of places by the OXO tower by the river, around a 5 minute walk.

The staff were very friendly and polite, I liked the computers in the reception area which offered 20 minutes free internet access and printing facilities. There was also decent enough free WiFi in our room which was a nice touch. Rooms - perfectly pleasant, nice A/C and a great bathroom.

As we were tired from exploring, we ate in the restaurant in the evening and were very happy with the meals and the service. We skipped breakfast though as it was very expensive, There is a Cafe Nero by the OXO tower :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at the last minute for one night on business. I had never stayed here before and was pleasantly surprised at the service I received. The room was very spacious, the bed very comfortable and the breakfast excellent. had dinner in the restaurant which was also very good. Will stay here in the future

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind review.

It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Novotel London Blackfriars? Share your experiences!