“Great hotel and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel London Blackfriars

You added Novotel London Blackfriars to your Saves list
Novotel London Blackfriars
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NZ, England (London Bridge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 30% OFF
Ranked #180 of 1,049 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
melbourne
“Great hotel and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great hotel for family or business traveller in a central location. Rooms were great, breakfast was fantastic, interconnecting room was good but because of this, we had room key issues every 24 hours which was a major pain after a day of touring!! iPads at breakfast were an amazing. Pool was cool. Great location to Southwark tube station. Hotel was nice and close to a range of small and large supermarket chains. Suggest the burger place Byron round the corner - very cool. Also I suggest walking to the Thames from here and then turn right along the Thames - a great walk or run to see the sights. On the way back check out Doggets Pub on the Thames - great spot for a beer in summer....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I appreciate your review following your stay with us and I am very happy to see that you find our hotel to be great for families and business traveller and you have enjoyed the central location.

I am glad we were able to allocate an interconnecting room to you and I am sorry to hear about your experience with the bedroom keys.

It is great that you find our IPads to be amazing, the swimming pool to be cool and you have enjoyed the location.

We are looking forward to welcome you to our hotel for your next visit.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is standard Novotel - rooms are the same the world over. Breakfast was good - all self service, but good fruit, yogurts, meats etc. Check-in is also self service if you want it. Staff were very friendly. The room had everything - tea/coffee, iron, wifi etc.

My only caution is it is good value if you get a good rate. We booked well in advance so the room was very reasonable and worth the money. However the week we were there room prices were at over £300! (June in London). It definitely is not worth £300 a night. I think I would be looking for something much more special at that price.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and I am glad you find our hotel to be nice for business.

I am happy you liked the good breakfast, the self-check in desk and I am glad you find our staff to be very friendly. It is also nice that you find everything you need in our next generation Novotel bedrooms.

The prices of the bedrooms are dynamic and depend on any events in London and the day of the week and I am glad you have made use of our hot deal option.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for your next visit to London.

Letchworth Garden City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Tips
It was lovely to be upgraded from a superior to an excutive room, but if you are going to do it why not included the robe and slippers; We could have used them to visit the pool!
The pool was very nice but no digital imagery on display, which looked lovely on the website. Would be nice to have had a costume spinner in the changing room and shampoo available along with the body wash in the changing room shower.
We very much enjoyed our breakfast, but we both loath that particular toaster system..you either get under done or burnt toast and wholemeal never tastes good toasted.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I am very happy you had an excellent stay and it is great that you received a free upgrade to our executive rooms on the upper floors. I appreciate your feedback.

We are offering the extra amenities, such as bathrobe, slippers, Premium WI-FI , extra bathroom amenities, espresso coffee machine and bose sound docking station in the executive bedrooms for a small upgrade price, please ask the front desk team on your next visit.

I am sorry that you could not experience the digital projection, but I am glad you find the pool to be very nice. There is indeed a hair & body wash available in the sower area.

It is great that you have enjoyed your breakfast and we are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is simply amazing! The rooms are finished to a high standard, the hotel is decorated throughout very stylishly. The staff are lovely and very helpful especially on the front desk. The hotel is in an excellent location, 2 mins from underground station and close to many attractions. Would defiantly return!

• Stayed June 2013
It gives me a great satisfaction to read your fantastic 5* review and I am very happy you have enjoyed your stay.

I am extremely pleased that you find our hotel to be amazing and you have enjoyed our bedrooms and the stylish decoration throughout and our excellent location

I am also grateful for your comments about our lovely and very helpful staff. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit.

Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Traveling as a family of four including one infant. Room was one double, sofa bed and cot with still enough room, not huge but good for a city hotel. Very central, two minute walk to Southwark tube station, 10 to Waterloo and 15 to London Eye. Breakfast as always at Novotel very good with buffet, though choices were the same as another London Novotel we stayed at two years ago!

Also only £8.50 taxi to St Pancras so very handy. Staff lovely and helpful. Free wifi great and iPads in restaurant a fantastic idea!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
I am pleased to read your review and that you find our hotel to be good for families.

It is great that you have enjoyed all our facilities such as such the spacious bedrooms, the very good breakfast buffet, the free Wi-Fi, the IPads and particularly your comments about our lovely and helpful staff are satisfying.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for your next visit to our hotel.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at this really beautiful, state of the art Hotel in April, and it really is a fantastic place to stay. It is newly built and a triumph of technology and comfort combined, and we really enjoyed our stay there. It was spotlessly clean, and the rooms were serviced daily to a very high standard. The staff were lovely, welcoming and very helpful. There was however one drawback, which would make me think twice about going back there, or at least, I would choose my time very carefully.....we went at the end of the Easter holidays, and as the hotel really ( and understandably) flags up its free WiFi, a Microsoft Surface table, an iPad dining table, with about ten iPads on it on bendy stands, in the Breakfast room, it naturally is very attractive to children and young teenagers, and they were there in their hundreds !! Some days we could not get a table in the room or at least a clean table, the staff were stretched to breaking point, and this is personal ( I got sick of the sight of greedy children taking mountains of food from the buffet and wasting it....it is a completely unedifying sight) I am not an unkind person, and I don't dislike children, I was a Primary School teacher for 37 years.....but the Hotel is a victim of its own success where this is issue is concerned. I suppose the easy answer is avoid school holidays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us and I am glad that you have really enjoyed your stay with us.

At Novotel we are proud ourselves on the family friendly environment and policies and during the school holidays and on weekends we are experiencing a high numbers of family’s in the hotel and for that the breakfast is always very popular, mostly between 8am-10am.

It is still very nice to read that you find everything to be spotlessly clean and you have noticed the importance we put in our daily room cleaning. I also appreciate your comments about our lovely, welcoming and very helpful staff.

We certainly hope we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit to London.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Novotel London Blackfriars? Share your experiences!