“Hip hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel London Blackfriars

You added Novotel London Blackfriars to your Saves list
Novotel London Blackfriars
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NZ, England (London Bridge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 30% OFF
Ranked #180 of 1,049 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
netherlands
“Hip hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

NIce room with bathroom walls which can be made transparant. Hotel opened fall 2012, everything new and fresh. Pleasant staff. Good breakfast, dinner average. Nice pool and sauna. Walking distance to London Eye and Tower bridge. Next to tube station.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us.

It is very nice to see that you find our hotel to be hip and that you liked the nice bedrooms with the glass panel. I am also happy that you have enjoyed the great breakfast and Dinner, the nice swimming pool and saunarium and you liked the location.

I am particularly pleased to see that you find our staff to be pleasant.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Novotel London Blackfriars.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wakefield, West Yorks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed here for the first time in April, I work on Blackfriars Road when in London, so spotting a new Novotel nearby meant I had to check it out. Really nicely appointed hotel, great touch-screen checkin, had a few drinks at the bar with a colleague served by a very pleasant barman. The room was really well laid-out, high quality furnishing. As I was late arriving, I ordered room service which came very promptly and was really great quality. I also had breakfast delivered to the room as I had an early start, which was equally. good. Given my timescales, I didn't have chance to use the pool, but I'm told by colleagues that it is excellent.

I checked out at the electronic screen, which was all fine, although I did select my receipt to be emailed to me, but this took a few days and a chase email from me before it arrived.

Overall, a great experience, very handy for my London office, and one which I will use a great deal more in future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I am very pleased to hear that our hotel is so close to your work and you find the service and the facilities to be excellent. I appreciate your great review.

It is very satisfying to read your comments about the barman and the really well laid-out bedroom with quality furnishings. I am also glad to see that you have enjoyed the prompt delivery of our great room service and breakfast.

I appreciate that you bring your experience with the express check out to my attention and I will ensure that this will be looked into.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the future for another great experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a weekend break at Novotel Blackfriars on the 26th of April,we chose this hotel after reading such good reviews on here.The location is great,literally 2 min walk to Southwark tube station from where you can then access other parts of London with ease.We went to the Pink concert at O2 on Saturday night and the tube took us straight there,no changing lines(which was good seeing as I was wearing heels!) The hotel itself is fantastic,very modern and new with spacious rooms.I was only let down by the fact that the room we were given didn't have the unusual glass wall in the bathroom that so many reviewers had commented on previously,I was lookin forward to having a play with that! We were actually given a room for the disabled but don't know why?! Breakfast was nice with the usual selection and we were seated straight away,no waiting around.Staff were all very friendly and helpful,checking in and out was done with no problems.My husband enjoyed use of the pool and sauna which he said were lovely.We would love to return again as a family and bring our 3 children,they would like the little extras this hotel has to offer such as the iPads,Xbox and interactive table.We would definitely recommend this hotel having enjoyed a great relaxing wkend just wish we could have stayed longer!!

• Stayed April 2013
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and I appreciate your fantastic review.

It gives me great pleasure to read, that you find our hotel to be excellent and that you would love to come back.

I am happy that you enjoyed the location, the spacious room, you liked the nice breakfast and your husband enjoyed the swimming pool and saunarium. I am also glad to read your comments about our very friendly and helpful staff.

I am so sorry that you did not receive a room with a glass panel, but should you be coming back to us please contact me directly and I will personally ensure your will be allocated one.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for your next visit to London.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Booked the hotel as our first point of stay on our trip to London and was totally satisfied. Check in was pain free (important after a 27 hour flight!), breakfast great, beds and rooms comfortable, pool and gym handy and reception staff helpful. The location was plain awesome, located close to tube and within walking distance of the Tower of London, Borough markets and the London eye. Definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
It is extremely satisfying to read that you were totally satisfied with your first stay and that you would stay again.

I am very glad to read that your check-in went very fast after a long flight, that the breakfast was great, your bedroom was comfortable for you, you find the swimming pol and gym to be handy and you find the location to be awesome.

I am particularly satisfied to read that the reception staff was helpful to you.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit.

Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have now stayed here half a dozen times over the last few months and always found the Novotel Blackfriars to be very good. In particular, the staff are always very friendly and efficient at check in. The rooms are newly decorated as it is a relatively new hotel - large, fresh and well laid out. Room service is of good quality - although can be a bit slow in the evenings. The hotel is very handy for buses into the City/north of the river. Overall, my preferred hotel for business stays.

Room Tip: Make sure the taxi driver knows which Novotel you are staying in - be specific - as there is another...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I am very satisfied to read that we are your preferred hotel for your business stay and that you have returned to us so many times. I appreciate your loyalty.

It gives me a great satisfaction to read your comments about our staff at check in, always being friendly and efficient.

I am also very glad that you like our large, fresh and well laid out bedrooms and that the room service is of good quality.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit.

Holmfirth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Fabulous hotel. Great staff...every contact I had with any member of staff was memorable for their courtesy, helpfulness and attitude. What a pleasant place to stay. I was on business and even though there were a lot of holidaymakers it felt very spacious & accommodating for all types of client.
Location was great as I was working on Fleet Street which was a 10 minute walk and Southwark station was only a 21 minute walk. Perfect!
Only comment would be that there are no down pillows but I do have a problem with a bad neck. The bed was sumptuous and very hard to leave in a morning!!
Will definitely stay again, well done!

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I am overwhelmed by your fantastic review and appreciate your feedback about our fabulous hotel and great staff.
I am very happy to read that every contact with our staff was memorable for you, because of their courtesy, helpfulness and attitude.

It is also very nice to see that everything felt very spacious and accommodating, that you liked the location and the bed was so sumptuous for you.

In every bedroom wardrobe, we are providing two more pillows. Should you be returning to us please let us know if they will suit you more.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for another perfect stay.

Bisley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel is brand new and its furnishings and decor reflect this. The hotel has some novel ideas such as an electronic glass screen between the bathroom and the lounge/bedroom. Look for the switch to change the glass screen from clear to opaque!
The hotel staff were very friendly and excellent they were always very helpful. The hotel occupies an excellent location close to Westminster ,Trafalgar Square St Pauls,the Southbank Centre and the south bank. If travelling to the hotel by the underground Southwark is the closest underground station.

We were staying at the hotel over the London Marathon weekend and needed an early breakfast in preparation for the race ,the restaurant staff were very helpful in providing an early breakfast so that we could get to the race on time.

Overall an excellent hotel, we will return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for staying with us and for the great review and rating here on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased to read your feedback and that you find our hotel to be excellent and that you have enjoyed all our new technologies.

I am also very glad that you find our staff to be very friendly, very helpful and excellent and that the restaurant staff provided you with an early breakfast so you could get to the race on time.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for another excellent stay with us.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Novotel London Blackfriars? Share your experiences!