“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel London Blackfriars

You added Novotel London Blackfriars to your Saves list
Novotel London Blackfriars
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NZ, England (London Bridge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 30% OFF
Ranked #180 of 1,049 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cork, Ireland
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Exellent location: 20 mins walk to Big Ben, but not noisy.
Hi-tech allover the hotel, new, modern.
Service with a smile.
Swimming pool is a bonus.
Breakfast and dinner buffet style, but Excellent quality and choice, definetly value for money in London. Good choice of wine.
Everything is new and spotless.
Would definetly go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I am very satisfied to read your fantastic review about our hotel and I appreciate your 5* rating.

It gives me a pleasure to see that you enjoyed the excellent quality of our breakfast and Dinner buffet and that you liked the good choices of wine.

I am particularly happy that you find the service to be delivered with a smile and it is nice to see that you enjoyed all our modern and new technologies.

We are really looking forward to welcome you back for your next stay at Novotel London Blackfriars

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Burton On Trent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

When we arrived we were met by a very professional reception, lovely manner and very knowledgable. Behind us were free computers (macs) with free printing . In to the lifts we went and as a token of secure the hotel was - you could only move up or down with a valid key card. Room was amazing / minimalist with a great view of the London eye. Huge shower - my wife loved the ability to frost / defrost the ensuite glass. Nice sized TV with plenty of channel. Tube stop (Southwark) only 1 minute walk. We were allowed to check in a hour early and Checkout a few hours late for free. This was good as we used the pool - with clever digital wall and had chance to walk to the Tate - only 5 mins walk. Breakfast very good value - anything you could ever want and clean non greasy fry up. Only 1 tiny disappointment (barely noticeable) the sausages were a little undercooked - made up for this with the veggie sausage.

Room Tip: We had room 901 - had the view of the London eye and furthest from the lifts
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very pleased to read your review about our brilliant hotel and I appreciate your high recommendation to others.

It gives me a real pleasure to read your comments about the very good value of breakfast and I can assure you that we are checking daily that all our food is processed and cooked according to the Health & Safety regulations.

I am also very glad to read that you were greeted by a very professional, with lovely manner and very knowledgably reception and you were happy with our facilities such as the swimming pool and the I macs in the lobby. I appreciate your comments about our amazing rooms.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed there for two nights. Love the location as it is close to the tube and easy to go anywhere. Clean room, good breakfast and friendly staffs.
Also, walking distance to Tate Modern and the Globe theatre. Will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
ErolUray, Manager at Novotel London Blackfriars, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
I am very thankful for your great 5 star rating and your feedback.

I am pleased you find our hotel to be an excellent place to stay for visiting London and you find the rooms to be clean, the breakfast to be good, the staff to be friendly and you loved the location.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit.

Fort Langley, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a nice new hotel near Southwark Tube Station, 3 stops to Westminster.. The swimming pool is amazing with a beautiful moving mural along one wall. The staff were very helpful as at all Novotel hotels. The price was reasonable but that was during March. I don't know the summer prices. Definitely worth a look.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for staying with us and feedback here on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that that you find our hotel to be nice and you liked the central location. It is also very nice that you enjoyed our amazing swimming pool with the digital art wall.

It is particularly satisfying for me to see that the staff was very helpful for you.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for your next visit to London.

Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were met by friendly staff at this newer hotel. We were too early to check in so they took care of our luggage. Room was clean and comfortable. We booked a family room so it came with a double bed and two singles. Compared to other hotels the singles were quite comfortable. When our shower wouldn't work they sent someone up right away to look at it. Free WiFi was available. Pool was great for our weary kids. Breakfast time was quite busy so we were lucky to get a table at 7:45. They usually tell you the best times to get there. Close to the Southwark tube station. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am extremely grateful for your fantastic 5* rating and feedback following your stay with us.
It gives me a great pleasure to read your comments about the excellent service you experienced and about our friendly staff. We are always offering every guest to store the luggage should the room not be ready to be occupied.

It is nice to see that you found your room to be clean and comfortable, you liked the Free Wi-Fi and you and your kids enjoyed the swimming pool.

I appreciate your recommendation and we are looking forward to welcome you and your family back for your next stay at Novotel London Blackfriars.

Oslo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel is almost brand new and therefore clean and fresh - mnimalist IKEA stylish. The immediate surroundings are not very interesting, but Southwark tube station is just a few steps down the street and you can easily get to anywhere in the city. Very convenient and all in all a good deal. On the negative side: glass walled bathrooms is utterly stupid (not very sound proof), swimming pool was ice cold and on Monday morning we had to queue for 30 minutes for breakfast. But it still can be recommended and breakfast buffet was nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your comments here on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate your feedback with regards to swimming pool being cold and I can confirm that the temperature is always at 28 degrees, however as the water is circulating during the cleaning process it can come to variance in the temperature. During the holiday period our breakfast is very popular between 8am-10am and we are informing our guests upon arrival about it, as the number of seating is limited.

I am still glad that you find the breakfast to be nice and that you would recommend our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit.

Wetherby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was one of the nicest hotel rooms I've stayed in. My Mum, sister and I stayed in a triple room for cost savings on a hen do earlier this month and were all thoroughly impressed! My Mum and sister shared the large bed which they found extremely comfortable and I stayed on the fold out bed - normally these are uncomfortable with springs digging in your back and feet hanging off the end, but not here! I had 2 very restful nights sleep and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
The room decor is very clean and modern and the bathroom is the real feature. The wall between the bathroom and bedroom is see through until you press a button in the bathroom which frosts it instantly! We had a lot of fun playing with this since it was such a novel feature. The shower is fantastic as well - an overhead and detachable heads give plenty of power and the shower is HUGE!
Location wise, it is about a 2 minute walk from Southwark station and the area all feels very safe. The great thing is that it is enough out of the way not to be busy, but we only ever had to make 1 tube change over 3 days of going all over London. We walked around a lot too and there are cafes for breakfast nearby and some small shops.
We didn't eat at the hotel, so can't comment here except to see it seemed a little steep - £17 if I recall correctly.
Another fun feature is the reception/lounge area which has a Microsoft Surface table and other gadgets to play with.
All in all, a decent value hotel for central London, great access to transport and a luxurious, modern, clean room. I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your fantastic 5 star rating and your excellent feedback following your stay at Novotel London Blackfriars.

I am so delighted to read your detailed comments about our hotel and that it is the nicest hotel you have ever stayed in. I also appreciate your comments about our luxurious, modern and clean bedroom and that the bed and sofa bed was very comfortable for you.

It is also nice to see that you have enjoyed all the technical features which we are offering in our hotel.

The breakfast price is £15.95 for an full English breakfast buffet and I glad to tell you we will soon introduce a special offer for our breakfast buffet.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for your next stay with us.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Novotel London Blackfriars? Share your experiences!