“Great place for low budget and business travelers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chiswick Rooms

You added Chiswick Rooms to your Saves list
Chiswick Rooms
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   407-411 Goldhawk Road, London W6 0SA, England (Hammersmith / Fulham)   |
Ranked #576 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Patras
“Great place for low budget and business travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was travelling on a low budget but at the same time I wanted my money's worth. A clean place and good location. Room size & hotel facilities didn't matter. I stayed for a week.

The room (Double-room) was very clean. Bed was very, very comfortable which is great for an insomniac like me. Free WiFi. iPod dock which made it easier for me to charge my phone. Hairdryer, fridge, safe, AC... the room was perfect for me as a solo traveler. Would not recommend it for a couple, it'd be too small. There's a tube station at the end of the street which made getting around easy. The hotel is on zone 2 for those interested in getting a travelcard. Friendly staff.

The hotel had no elevator which meant that I had to carry my luggage to the third floor. Which was no problem, till I pulled a muscle from walking which made it harder for me to go up and down the stairs. Can get noisy from all the door slamming and foot steps.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
KenWestChisRooms, Guest Relations Manager at Chiswick Rooms, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank You for sharing your views on the Chiswick Rooms, we are all extremely pleased you were able to get a sound sleep at the Chiswick Rooms. A lot of thought has been put into making the Chiswick Rooms the perfect place to stay for all our guests.

A good nights sleep along with all the amenities that a traveller requires is decked out in the Chiswick Rooms thus we offer the essentials such as free WiFi, a hairdryer, a safe, individually controlled heating and AC; along with amenities such as an ipod docking stations as we are fully aware that most of our guests carry iphones thus this service not only charges your iphones but also plays music directly from your iphone.

We are located on the district line in Zone 2. The price of a zone 1 travel card is the same as that of zones 1-2, if you are purchasing a travel card you can purchase zones 1-2 which would be sufficient to travel within the main Central London district. If you are travelling from Heathrow you would require zones 2-6 or 1-6 which are the same price on a travel card

Our friendly team at reception will help all our guests with their luggage up the stairs, please feel free to request a ground floor room, we will endeavour to honour our guests requests.

We hope to welcome you again to the Chiswick Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had to find some quick overnight accommodation when my Eurostar train to Paris was cancelled. I'm not sure how this hotel managed a 4 star rating because those looking for 4 star comfort might be disappointed. There's no real lobby and my room was extremely small. However those looking for no frills, clean and modern hotel with climate control, this fits the bill nicely. It's virtually across the road from Stanford Brook tube station. For the very reasonable price I paid, I cannot complain. Recommended for short stays and business travellers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
KenWestChisRooms, Guest Relations Manager at Chiswick Rooms, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Chiswick Rooms

We have been awarded with a 4* guest accommodation certificate from the Quality in Tourism board.

Chiswick Rooms with its transparent pricing policy has been designed for the value conscious guests wanting quality accommodation. By eliminating the unnecessary extra facilities, and combining the ethos of a boutique hotel with that of a budget hotel, our Chiswick hotel offers affordable luxury and convenience.

We provide our guests with:

• home Ipod dock with integrated alarm clock
• Free secure wireless internet access throughout all our bedroom
• 19”-26” LCD flat screen TV with over 80 channels including radio
• In-room coffee and tea facilities
• Dual-line telephone system - Free calls to local and national UK number
• In-room fridge
• Intelligent in-room workstation with ample power outlets including European 220V
• In-room powerful hairdryer
• Luxurious mattresses by Hypnos
• Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
• In-room safe, spy hole and double lock

We are very pleased that you feel our price reflects the product and services we provide and that you would recommend us.

We hope to welcome you back to the Chiswick Rooms
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Well appointed, super modern, spotless rooms - mine had fridge, Air con, LCD TV,coffee, tea, bottled water, Safe, Free fast WIFI - all the things most people need - I think who-ever designed and appointed these rooms understood exactly what the modern traveller needs and also what they don't need- so many hotels want you to pay for mediocre wifi but then give you a trouser press to use. Well done Chiswick Rooms !
For some people the rooms might be too compact but for me this is was not an issue,
There is no restaurant but with so many restaurants and Cafes around the corner its no problem, I eat my breakfast at Cafe Eatery which was superb (full English £5.5)turn left out of hotel, left again at corner and 20 metres. This is much better value than most hotel breakfasts and you get table service.
The tube station is around 100 meters in one direction and the bus stop is around 200 meters so takes around 10-15 minutes to central London.
I booked direct with the hotel on-line and everything went smoothly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KenWestChisRooms, Guest Relations Manager at Chiswick Rooms, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind praises, we at the Chiswick Rooms are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. A lot of thought has gone into the design of our rooms from the décor to the complementary tea coffee facilities to the high speed Internet.

We offer Single Rooms, Compact Double rooms, Standard Double rooms and Twin rooms. Our Compact Rooms are slightly smaller in size than our double rooms; our price for this type of room reflects this.

All of us like to make choices and as we have a number of café’s and restaurants around us guests can choose where to have their breakfast, the three café’s that we recommend are:

• Artisan that offers a more continental based breakfast.
• Café eater that offers the full English fry up.
• Upsy Daisy where you can enjoy an organic breakfast.

all of which are within 1-2minutes walk away

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Chiswick Rooms
Catania, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel web-site states they provide 4-star services excluding unnecessary services to guarantee a budget price. So the 'unnecessary services' is a breakfast, you get a package of chips and a bottle of water instead on arrival.
The hotel is very new and smartly furnished, the only problem is space, my room (single was hardly 2*3 m). If you're used to having some place to move around in the room - this is not your choice. There is a kettler and some tea and coffee in the room, also a hair dryer.
It is very close to the underground.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Chiswick Rooms and for taking the time to write a review.

As our website states, we have chosen to eliminate the extra facilities such as a breakfast room as we believe in giving our guests' the choice of having their breakfast in one of the many café’s that surround the Chiswick Rooms.

The package you received on arrival is our complimentary arrival pack

All our rooms are sold on a room only basis and our prices depict this.

We do hope that although breakfast was not included in your room rate that you enjoyed your stay in our smartly furnished rooms.

We hope to welcome you back to the Chiswick Rooms
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night last weekend – mostly to be in town for Chinese New Year. The hotel is a little further out than ideal, but the location isn’t too bad, and you can catch bus 237 straight to Westfields mall from there. The tube stop is across the street, but they had planned improvement works and the line wasn’t running for the whole weekend so it is a good idea to check in advance (my boyfriend booked the hotel and didn’t think to check this!).

The staff are pleasant and were happy for me to leave my bags there – however they don’t have a secure luggage facility. It doesn’t even go behind the desk they do just stick it along the wall to the side, I didn’t feel very reassured when a different receptionist allowed me to come and take the case without asking who I was!

The rooms are rather small and there is no lift so I wouldn’t recommend it for those travelling with lots of luggage. The hotel is right on the main road and you can hear everything through the windows, and everything the other guests are doing through the walls. It is quite a basic, plain hotel and is probably better suited to business travel than anything else. Very clean though!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Chiswick Rooms and for taking the time to write this review.

We are located on Goldhawk Road, which is off Chiswick High Road and Kings Street. Our nearest Underground station is Stanford Brook on the District Line, which has a direct link to Natural History museum, the Science museum, Victoria and Albert Museum, Victoria Station, Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Big Ben, Parliament square and the Tower of London.

We are very sorry to hear that they had engineering works on the underground at the time of your stay. If they do have engineering work they normally provide a rail replacement bus service.

We have a number of bus routes from the hotel into various parts of London. Our friendly front of house team will be happy to assist all our guests with directions.

Our teams at front of house will be able to assist all our guests with their luggage.

Guest Satisfaction is a crucial part of the service we provide. I am very glad to hear that your room was clean. Our housekeeping team work hard, to provide all our guests a clean comfortable stay with us.

We hope to welcome you to the Chiswick Rooms in the near future.
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed here over the Christmas period and I couldn't fault it really. I was in London on business and the desk and internet was perfect. The rooms were nicely designed and I had everything I needed. The staff were lovely and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
KenWestChisRooms, Guest Relations Manager at Chiswick Rooms, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Chiswick Rooms and for your kind words. We at the Chiswick Rooms have put a lot of thought into our rooms and have carefully chosen a team that depicts our concept.

We hope to welcome you to the Chiswick Rooms again in the near future
Ipswich
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here this month. When they call it 'rooms' that's basically what you get - a room. I checked in and was given a bag with some water, nuts and biscuits. I assume this is breakfast as there are no breakfast facilities.
Room is clean but sparse and pokey. It was also extremely cold. I put on the wall heater (air con) and it blew out cold air and despite turning up the temp it got colder so I switched it off and decided to go to bed at 1030.
There was lots of noise above my room and outside my room. I fell asleep and was awoken at 1130 when the guy on reception just walked into my room and woke me up. Despite the fact I had put the do not disturb sign on he said he thought I wasn't in and wanted my room making up at 1130 FFS!!!! I was annoyed and went back to bed. He then rang me on the phone to explain he was the receptionist.
I went back to bed and the room got colder to the point where i put on my clothes and went down and asked for another duvet which he didn't have. He came to check the heater and confirmed it wasn't working so I waited until he sorted me out another room. 1230 now. He sorted out another room and this was freezing and by the time he has sorted out the heat in this one and it has kicked in it was 0130.
This place is an absolute joke. I hardly slept as the heater was noisy. Why not have central heating.
Worst London hotel I've stayed in (although its just a room not a hotel)
This place is (comparatively) cheap for a reason. Awful

• Stayed January 2013
KensingtonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Chiswick Rooms, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank You for your feedback, We at Chisiwck Rooms take all feedback very seriously.

The Chiswick Rooms has been awarded 4* guest accommodation from the Quality in Tourism board.

All our rooms are sold as room only, we believe that guests should be given a choice of where to have their hearty breakfast. We are located in between Chiswick High Road and Kings Street. Both these streets have numerous places to have breakfast.

The pack that you were given upon check in is our complimentary welcome pack and not a breakfast pack.

All our rooms have a heater/air conditioning unit thus giving our guests choice to set their own temperatures.

I can only apologize that one of our team members went into your room as he noticed the please make my room sign up. He is a newly appointed team member however this does not give him the excuse of entering an occupied room. He has been given further training to ensure that this does not happen in the future.

Been to Chiswick Rooms? Share your experiences!