“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis London Blackfriars

You added Ibis London Blackfriars to your Saves list
Ibis London Blackfriars
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NZ, England (London Bridge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 15% OFF
Ranked #198 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very close to Southwark tube stop and the South Bank. Easy walk to the National Theatre and Royal Festival Hall, Old and Young Vics, the Globe, and the Tate Modern.

The room is small by most standards, but decent by London budget standards. The beds are comfortable, and I appreciated both air conditioning and a window that opened. The staff at the desk and the restaurant were lovely.

There is no storage in the bathroom, though--not even a single small shelf in the shower--and in my room the shower leaked all over the floor, which was inconvenient. Housekeeping didn't service my room two of the days; I came back to a bag of clean towels and tea supplies with the do not disturb sign hanging. (I'm sure I did not leave the sign up; it was very odd.) I imagine this could have been rectified easily, but I didn't mind. But some people might be upset by it.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ibis London B, Assistant General Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you very much for having taken the time to comment your stay with us. I have taken a good note of your remark related to the service of the room and I would like to confirm that this point has been adressed straight away with our housekeeping team. Thank you as well for your valuable remark with regards to the bathroom. We are always looking forward to receive that type of feedback in order to help us work on improving our guest satisfaction. Thank you once again !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

close to metro, clean, had safe, good variety breakfast, very plain room, great shower, everything you might need such as computer with internet, iron, they even let us borrow an adapter. The staff was friendly and the lobby decor was modern chic

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in London and that you have been pleased by our hotel. Thank you for your feedback !
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Good location for business travelers, average rooms as you'd expect from Ibis, strangely no mobile signal in my first floor room unless I dangled the phone out of the window. Looks like an old 60s building conversion, so all that steel reinforced concrete probably doesn't help. Unfortunately my room was dead opposite the lifts, so sleep was a bit random with the grinding of the lift cables at 3am. Overall OK but pricey for an Ibis even in central London. Better value for money around. Room aircon was good.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor for mobile signal. Insist on change if near lifts.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your comment following your stay in our hotel. Thank you as well for mentioning the quality of the phone signal in the room, I will have this point investigated. Please allow me to present you my deepest apologies if this might have caused you any inconvenience. I hope you will give us the chance to welcome you again in the future !
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I had low expectations for this hotel, as I've stayed in some pretty run down IBIS Hotels in the past, but after the initial shock of what I can only describe as a "plastic pod" ensuite toilet in the room the charm of this hotel starts to come through. Very helpful staff on check in who listen to your needs and genuinely try and help. Thank god for the air conditioning at the moment due to hot temperatures in London - quiet and works well. Rooms clean and tidy and TV channels all work. Breakfast was a nice surprise too - good selection of full English, Crumpets and Continental ( nice fresh croissants). Again, very helpful staff at breakfast. Nice bar area, and decent bar menu. They're getting the formula right here for guests and the hotel managers and staff should be proud of themselves.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I have been really pleased to discover your comment and to see that we have managed to change your perception of the ibis brand. Thank you for having rated us so well and for having mentioned the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff. I have shared with them all your comment ! It has been a pleasure to welcome you !
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in May. and our favorite part of the hotel was def the location. It is just a block or 2 from the Southwark underground station, which meant that we were able to take public transportation everywhere.

the rooms themselves were soo tiny. Very clean, but super small. given the price that we paid, I was expecting something a bit more. the worse part was the bathroom, again very clean but too too small. it literally looked like a space capsule, not much bigger than an airplane bathroom.

the hotel staff was very nice and efficient in whatever we needed, checking in and out, any questions we had.

I don't think we'll return but only because the rooms were too small, other than that we had no issues.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ibis London B, Assistant General Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave a review here following your stay in our hotel. I am sorry to read that your experience with us did not entirely meet your expectations with regards to the room dimensions. I am pleased to see though that our team has been able to provide you with a high level of service and that you found our location practical ! Thank you once again !

Been to Ibis London Blackfriars? Share your experiences!