“Good Business hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis London Blackfriars

Save Saved
You added Ibis London Blackfriars to your Saves list
Ibis London Blackfriars
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NZ, England (City of London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
UP TO 30% OFF THIS SUMMER
Ranked #191 of 1,075 hotels in London
newcastle
“Good Business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Recently I was down in London for a conference and needed somewhere central, on a reasonable budget and good quality so I opted for the Ibis Hotel based on trip advisor reviews. I have never been to this chain before but I was impressed with the general layout and feel of the hotel. I had a warm welcome at the door and my booking was found quickly and within 5 mins I had been directed to my room. The room was small but not uncomfortable, and everything seemed well laid out. The bathroom feels like you are in a bit of space pod but had a nice powerful shower (although had limited extras). I was a bit disappointed to find out the hotel doesn't do room service (as I was travelling alone) but instead you have to go down to the bar, order and then take it back upstairs. Not the most convenient. But saying that, there is a very nice communal atmosphere in the bar/diner downstairs and so I decided to just eat there and watch the football. The food was tasty (especially the steak) and quick, had good portion sizes and not to expensive for London. Once again I found the staff friendly and up for a bit of a laugh.
I found the bed to be comfortable and had a pretty good sleep so no complaints there.
Breakfast was included and I think this was the highlight of my stay. One of the best buffet style selections I have seen and for the meansly price of £9, what a bargain!! There is a wide variety of fruits, yoghurts, cheeses, pastries but most importantly the fry up selection was excellent.

Overall good quality hotel, only thing missing is leisure facilities (although for this price I would be surprised if they did) and I expect I will come again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ibis London B, General Manager at Ibis London Blackfriars, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the ibis London Blackfriars. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Michael Böhler

1,131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Framlingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

IBIS is not a brand I would normally go for but I tried the IBIS Blackfriars last week for 3 weeks and have to say I was impressed. Great hotel, modern, functional, bedrooms are spacious and comfortable, the bathroom is a bit interesting but works perfectly. The satff from reception, to bar to restaurant could not be more welcoming. friendly and helpful (a plus for some London hotels!).

I really enjoyed my stay - would recommend this hotel and in future I will have to look at IBIS more often!

Room Tip: I was on the 13th floor with a good view....
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Excellent Hotel, very clean, pleaseant and modern. Its located within 5minutes of Southark Tube station and 15mins walk of Waterloo train station. I was down for the week on business and found this hotel really good and excellent for travelling around London.

Its fairly casual and realxed. The only thing bad was the lack of vegetarian food on the restraunt menu.

Room Tip: Facing Blackfirars room otherwise its a dull view to a office block
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the ibis London Blackfriars. We are working at the moment on the new menu and will take your comments in concideration. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards,
Michael Böhler
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I am quite open minded but I really do normally dislike Ibis Hotels, I've had some horrific experiences at them in the past but this was the only hotel in the area I needed to be at my price level so thought it would be fine for a night. Wow, how shocked I was that I actually really liked it! The staff were really firendly and asked if I wanted a quiet room further away from the lifts or closer save walking - i went for the quiet one as I was so tired and heard nothing all night.

The rooms are still very basic, especially when your paying over £100 but the bed was very comfortable with good TV and plenty of space. The breakfast was really good, still not on par with Premier Inn's in my opinion as they do offer more for the money but a good selection and all looked very fresh. The main area looked quite funky with plenty of speating for the evening and a nice bar.

Woudl highly recommend this for a few nights while in London, close to tube stations and also over ground.

Room Tip: Ask fro a quiet room, no street or lift noises.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Michael Böhler
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Absolutely great hotel and great value for london, everything was very clean, ' trendy' with areas papered as the library, funky chairs, and all spotlessly clean, could nt fault it in any way, great price for london, loved the bathroom pods, two thickish towels, which is unuusal in budget priced hotels. Bed and pillows very comfortable, loved the matress topper

Enjoyed a meal in the evening first night as unsure where to go, very tasty and reasonably priced, bar prices not bad and it was nice to enjoy a drink in the library, breakfast good, though you had to be quick to get a table. would certainly go to an ibis again and this one. Staff very helpful

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed one night when attending an event at the South Bank Centre which is about 15 minutes walk away. We paid about £85 through booking.com and as this is around half what we have paid for similar sized rooms on the other side of the river we thought it excellent value. We asked for a quiet room away from traffic noise and that is exactly what we got. We were amazed and delighted at how quiet it was, since we've suffered many sleepless nights in London hotels before, with traffic, sirens, noisy building sites etc. but none of that here, just a small, attractively decorated basic room with all we needed. Will certainly stay again for concerts at the Festival Hall etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back where it's quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PetePhillips
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This IBIS is growing on me. The rooms are compact with an ensuite pod which creaks and groans when you get in it and the free wifi is like something from the dial-up era. But having said that, the staff are excellent, the hotel clean, the atmosphere cosmopolitan and family. The bar is popular in the evening and the breakfast spread is very good - lots of fresh fruit, cereals, breads, meats, yogurts as well as some appalling cooked bacon and other English breakfast highlights.

The bed is very comfortable. And that is the big thing no?

There are other hotels which I have sneaked into via offers but which I can't usually afford - the H10, CitizenM, Grange Tower, but something like this sure beats the usual value offers of premier inn or travelodge.

Well done, IBIS.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ibis London Blackfriars? Share your experiences!