“Food good, service not great” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10,477 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Boston, Massachusetts
“Food good, service not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have friends who live in the area so we decided to try out the Landor for Sunday lunch. I love this pub, but I was so disappointed with the service - the waiting times for the Sunday roast were different according to the type of meat we ordered! We weren't informed of this when we placed our order, but basically it meant that the roast beef was served and then the waitress told us that the chicken would have a longer waiting time. We had to wait about 10-15 minutes until the chicken was ready, with the beef already on the table going cold, which was quite annoying. The staff weren't even that apologetic. It's such a shame because the roast dinners are actually really good when they do arrive.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London
“A pub that stands out from the rest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I found this place by chance a while ago and since then I regularly return from time to time. They have an outside area which is super, relaxing and there is also music. The service is always excellent and so the food. I use to order steak when we go and I can say it is not the average pub wishy washy stuff. It's properly done and tasty. Great value for money.
Never been to the theatre they have upstairs but will go soon to that as well. Very well done, pls don't change :-)

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“Very bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice surroundings and gorgeous intimate theatre upstairs (which is completely separate to the pub) BUT horrible, rude, incompetent staff, with appalling service, mediocre food. Mini-burger & chips took 50 minutes and anyone we asked about it just said yeah it's coming. One 'waiter' actually walked away while we were asking him about the food, and kind of 'threw' his comment over his shoulder. He was the rudest, most arrogant service person I have ever met (tall, floppy hair - you know who you are). Would never eat here again and would discourage anyone going there. I would, however, definitely visit the theatre again.

• Visited September 2012