“Fantastique!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Woodford, United Kingdom
“Fantastique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Went for dinner here last night as I'd heard only good things about the place and was delighted to discover that the reviews were right! The menu was innovative and well thought out, the food was superb (I had crispy frogs legs and canard - both divine) and the service was top class. Met the owner, Ludo, who was very pleasant and welcoming and I would recommend anyone with a love of French cuisine or French-inspired cuisine to give this place a go...

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

london
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,842 helpful votes
“Not authentic French”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Really disappointed with my dinner last night. The menu was claiming to be French but the food was far from it. My steak tartare was poorly seasoned, it was not a steak tartare but raw mince meat. The bouillabaisse was a bad joke! I thought may be they had served the wrong dish. It was also extremely uncomfortable as the waiters continually brushed past us as there was limited space between our table and the over sized bar. Waste of my time and money.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Visited the restaurant with my partner on a Friday evening. Pleasant decor and helpful staff. Menu is not long but it is an excellent collection of quality dishes. Just loved everything from starter to dessert. Can highly recommend this place.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Impressive ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I'm local to hear and had driven past many times. Decided to head there one fri eve for dinner with my boyfriend. Staff very helpful, friendly but not at all pushy. Menu was really impressive. I wanted everything! Quality of food was great. Really fresh and flavoursome. Decor is nice. I'd definitely return. Would highly recommend.

Toronto, Canada
“A highlight of my trip- Amazing food, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I thought this place would be good but it exceeded my expectations. The atmosphere was upscale, cosy and not pretentious. We were well looked after by our servers, who were diligent without being overbearing. A unique and light gnudi and a warm terrine started us off on the right food. I thought I didn't like terrines but I loved this one. The main course was a hearty fish dish, well valanced by the sides. The standout of the meal was the rabbit, which was perfectly cooked and complimented by roasted tender swedes. Amazing. Although full to bursting we managed to share a chocolate tart with anise creme for dessert. Overall great value for money and Camden Brewery on tap! What more could you want? :)

• Visited October 2013