“Impressive ” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
“Impressive ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I'm local to hear and had driven past many times. Decided to head there one fri eve for dinner with my boyfriend. Staff very helpful, friendly but not at all pushy. Menu was really impressive. I wanted everything! Quality of food was great. Really fresh and flavoursome. Decor is nice. I'd definitely return. Would highly recommend.

Toronto, Canada
“A highlight of my trip- Amazing food, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I thought this place would be good but it exceeded my expectations. The atmosphere was upscale, cosy and not pretentious. We were well looked after by our servers, who were diligent without being overbearing. A unique and light gnudi and a warm terrine started us off on the right food. I thought I didn't like terrines but I loved this one. The main course was a hearty fish dish, well valanced by the sides. The standout of the meal was the rabbit, which was perfectly cooked and complimented by roasted tender swedes. Amazing. Although full to bursting we managed to share a chocolate tart with anise creme for dessert. Overall great value for money and Camden Brewery on tap! What more could you want? :)

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, good music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Visited last week on a busy Saturday. After a warm welcome, I was seated at a table next to the window, and while I was waiting for my girlfriend,I had a conversation with the waiter whose knowledge about music and art got me thinking that I perhaps need to do a bit of reading myself. The dinner was amazing, starting with a tangy steak tartare followed by an amazing gnudi, which was light and fluffy. Since we were too full for dessert they even gave us cognac, which was served in a most elegant fashion. Loved every second of it.

“Average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Not really sure how this has had such high ratings in the past - have never thought it was particularly brilliant but fine for a hangover breakfast and coffee, however after today's truly appalling service & overpriced food I felt compelled to write a review. If overpriced & average is your bag this is fine, but it felt today like an islington restaurant with a sense of entitlement. Won't be back.

Visited November 2013
Glasgow
“Relaxed and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The surroundings are pleasantly relaxed and the staff are cool and caring (a difficult combo to pull off). The food is delicious and the wine list is well chosen. Both food and drink are very fairly priced. It was a special experience.

• Visited October 2013