“A highlight of my trip- Amazing food, great service.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“A highlight of my trip- Amazing food, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I thought this place would be good but it exceeded my expectations. The atmosphere was upscale, cosy and not pretentious. We were well looked after by our servers, who were diligent without being overbearing. A unique and light gnudi and a warm terrine started us off on the right food. I thought I didn't like terrines but I loved this one. The main course was a hearty fish dish, well valanced by the sides. The standout of the meal was the rabbit, which was perfectly cooked and complimented by roasted tender swedes. Amazing. Although full to bursting we managed to share a chocolate tart with anise creme for dessert. Overall great value for money and Camden Brewery on tap! What more could you want? :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, good music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Visited last week on a busy Saturday. After a warm welcome, I was seated at a table next to the window, and while I was waiting for my girlfriend,I had a conversation with the waiter whose knowledge about music and art got me thinking that I perhaps need to do a bit of reading myself. The dinner was amazing, starting with a tangy steak tartare followed by an amazing gnudi, which was light and fluffy. Since we were too full for dessert they even gave us cognac, which was served in a most elegant fashion. Loved every second of it.

“Average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Not really sure how this has had such high ratings in the past - have never thought it was particularly brilliant but fine for a hangover breakfast and coffee, however after today's truly appalling service & overpriced food I felt compelled to write a review. If overpriced & average is your bag this is fine, but it felt today like an islington restaurant with a sense of entitlement. Won't be back.

Visited November 2013
Glasgow
“Relaxed and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The surroundings are pleasantly relaxed and the staff are cool and caring (a difficult combo to pull off). The food is delicious and the wine list is well chosen. Both food and drink are very fairly priced. It was a special experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“A plate of French yumminess in Islington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Wow. I had a feeling the food was going to be good as I love to pop into Le Peche Mignon, a little hidden gem in Islington run by the same owner. I wasn't disappointed. Assiette Anglaise has a simple, understated ambience; laid back French waiters; and unpretentious prices. The food was excellent and transported us back to fond memories of holidays in France.

We had a platter of saucisson, gherkins and rustic bread to start with; simple, good quality ingredients. We followed this with a delicious dish of tender, melt in your mouth, beef cheek served in a hearty sauce with onions, savoy cabbage and potatoes dauphinoise. For dessert, we had an almond mille feuille served with tasty plums. All of this was punctuated by a carafe of excellent French red wine. What more could you want?

We'll definitely be going back and I will even risk taking the biggest food critic I know, my French dad.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere