“One of the best cocktail experiences in London!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Tapas
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best cocktail experiences in London!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

A friend had booked a table for a Monday night 7.30 pm, but on arrival we decided to go out to have dinner first and were easily able to change our booking to 9.15 pm which was convenient. Despite being on the main street, the bar is very well hidden and can easily be walked past without a second glance, giving it a somewhat 'exclusive' feel. On entrance, the woman at the front was helpful and attentive, offering us a choice of different seating options, and the atmosphere/decor were both perfect. There were several groups of people to make it cosy, but few enough that we could have a normal conversation without having to speak louder than normal - ideal for catching up with friends. One of the bartenders came over to explain the menu to us and help us narrow down our specific drink tastes based on the vast array of options. He actually sat down with us and discussed individually the types of flavours we liked/didn't like and found a drink to suit each of our tastes which I thought was a special experience. When the drinks arrived, each was distinctive and was like no other cocktail I have tried before! The most unusual combinations of flavours were combined with things like cotton candy and cadbury eggs but they all pleasantly worked together in an unexpected way. Definitely one of the best cocktail bars I have been to in London. I live all the way in West London but would come back again for the experience, and next time for the music too.

• Visited April 2013

Redhill, Surrey
“First Class Staff, Music and Cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Over 2 months ago I had made an error while entering our Nightjar reservation details into my diary. The typo meant that I believed the reservation to be at 9pm instead of 8pm. We arrived at 8:55pm to be told that we were late and our table had been given away. Apart from being very embarrassed by the mistake I had made, I was also extremely disappointed that we wouldn't be going in.

However, the lady on the door (I didn’t catch her name) was very accommodating and kindly offered to see if she could sort anything out. Some tables were moved around and we were able to be seated within just a few minutes. As we arrived downstairs, I apologised to the hostess who gave a warm smile and told me not to worry.

The way that this situation was handled was first class. It would have been easy at this point to make us feel like an unwelcome hindrance but staff were very kind and understanding towards us. We were very grateful. A kind and friendly atmosphere is often the one thing lacking at many of the top London clubs. Nightjar have gained a loyal customer (who will arrive on time in future).

The music that night was provided by Dom and the Ikos. Some of the best live blues I've seen! They had everybody dancing and engaged well with the increasingly intoxicated crowd. The sound levels were just right for a lively 'speakeasy'. Conversation could be had but the room was still filled with the sound of brass, bass and drums. Perfect!

The cocktails.. well they were just sensational. We began a competition - giving scores on the best tasting, the best presented and the weirdest cocktails that arrived at the table. We kept score for the first 2 hours.. but after that point, too many units were consumed and there was dancing to be done. However, I believe that the Pot and Ketel scored highly on all fronts.

We will be back to Nightjar again.. and again.. and again just as long as absolutely everything stays exactly as it is.

• Visited April 2013
“Best cocktails!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is one of the best cocktail bars in London! Fantastic well thought out cocktails. My friend and I tried almost all the cocktail specials. Very unique cocktails served in even more unique jars/cups/tea pots. Great music and decor. Very friendly and indulgent servers. Reservations are a must!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great bar with excellent drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Enjoyable atmosphere, great drinks menu, and decent selection of music both times I have visited. Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Amazing Cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very cool, themed cocktail bar based around prohibition era americana. Amazing drinks menu and fantastic decor in a very cool venue where pre booking a table is almost essential. Our group tried 4 of the sharing cocktails which is a good value way to experience the varied combinations on the menu. The drinks are simply amazing, I wont recommend individual drinks as there are too many to chose from, just go along and soak up the atmosphere and fantastic service.

• Visited March 2013