“SMALL CRAMP ROOMS W/STAFF NO HELP, GAVE US 1 BED for 4 People” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Marble Arch Hotel

Marble Arch Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Marble Arch Hotel
Save Saved
You added Marble Arch Hotel to your Saves list
Ross House 51, Kendal Street | Hyde Park, London W2 2BP , England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #674 of 1,073 hotels in London
washington dc
“SMALL CRAMP ROOMS W/STAFF NO HELP, GAVE US 1 BED for 4 People”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

Terrible! I remember staying there in 06 and loved it, apparently you have to pay triple the price to stay in an average art deco room like I did before. I thought I booked it this time! I asked for double beds (2) and got one, then when I asked for a cot/rollaway, at checkin (as we had no where else to go) I was told sure for an extra $25. I still had no cot at midnight!! I had to go see the night manager, my two kids were exhausted as were we with the whole experience, couldn't wait to leave the next morning.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

We arrived at what I can only describe as a glorified hostel!! Breakfast was supposed to be included but you had to pick it up the previous evening. This included a muffin (cake) a box of orange juice (out of date) and a box of cereal - but we were informed that there was no milk, no utensils. Utterly horrible. The room was supposed to be a "family room" but there wasn't room to swing a cat and the bathroom - you had to stand sidewise to close the door and get in the shower, which was dirtly.

We had asked for an early check in but were told on our arrival that the room was not ready as the owners son had turned up last night and was still asleep in the bed!!!

Never ever going back.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

My first trip to london was not to meet the Queen (unfortunate) :) the reception was nice and i must say the cosmopoitan nature of the staff at the counter made me feel much at ease.

the room was small neat and compact. i was later told that hotel rooms are generally small in london. but it was nice and cosy.

the breakfast spread was amazingly good and a HUGE area.

the hotel for me great as just a few minutes away you have public means of transport and a row of shops offereing you some london tour or the other.

not too many good eateries around but a good a walk and a hungry stomach is all you need before you can find something great for your palate.

other then for business purposes may not advise it to a tourist.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Marble Arch Hotel? Share your experiences!