“Good food, classic London prices” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Burger & Lobster

Burger & Lobster
36 Dean Street, London W1D 4PS, England (Soho)
+44 20 7432 4800
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Birmingham, UK
“Good food, classic London prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We went here yesterday and it was really busy (nice weather, London marathon today etc) but there was seating at the bar so not a problem. Our food was tasty but you do feel obliged to have the lobster because no matter what you order its £20 which is an okay price to pay for lobster but a rip off for a burger. I had the whole lobster with garlic butter sauce, chips and salad it was tasty but my boyfriend had the burger and was disappointed as it wasn't £20 worth of burger. So my advice- check it out its got a nice lively vibe but don't bother with the burger- go for the tasty lobster! Also beware they do include the service charge.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Thai first
London
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The first sunny day of the year and predictably Soho was mobbed. We knew the restaurant would be busy but we were there, in no rush and wanted to try it. We were told it would be around a 30 minute wait but there was a bar and seating so it really was no bother and 20 minutes later we were seated. The staff were extremely friendly and enthusiastic and the service was unbelievably quick. There are 3 choices of food; burger, whole lobster and a lobster roll all served with salad and chips and all £20. We had the lobster roll and it was delicious I just cannt wait to go back. Fab.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good food, but expensive and service not-so-great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I visited here with my girlfriend for an evening meal in April 2013.

We'd wanted to go here for ages as we'd heard such good things about it.

When we turned up we were told there was about a 90 minute wait for a table (unless we could find a seat at the bar). Fortunately, after deciding we would wait and have a drink, a couple of bar stools became available and so we were actually able to get seated relatively quickly.

We ordered a few drinks and our food.
In case you aren't aware - the menu is pretty fixed. You have burger, lobster, or a lobster burger. I actually think that's a nice touch. No fuss here!

The food arrived promptly, and we really enjoyed it. And, from chatting to those around us, so did everyone else.

Unfortunately there was one member of staff who let the place down for me. Most of the barmen and, particularly, the woman who took our names at the door, were great - smiley, friendly, polite, helpful.

However one barman seemed to have decided he had the hots for my girlfriend. Naturally, I don't blame him. But on seeing that a lady is accompanied, most gentlemen in this situation would ease off.

Unfortunately, not this chap.

So we spent the entire evening, trying to enjoy our meal, with him trying to wave and smile and make conversation with her. Which, to be honest, she started to find annoying towards the end. But it moved from annoying to rude when any request from me would be greeted with a grunt (such as a request for some glasses of water, to which the response was 'uhh, yup') and furthermore when he came over to enquire as to how our meal was - completely ignoring me and talking only to my girlfriend.

For what came to a £70-odd bill - for which I paid - I would've appreciated to have been treated with a bit more respect than have some immature barman try and hit on my girlfriend. (Who, if you're reading this, wasn't interested).

So - great food, great atmosphere....don't take a hot chick.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“A meal worth the miles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was coming by London en route to Amsterdam and one of the recommendations for lunch was B&L. I was taking the tube and having got off at the wrong station, i walked over a mile plus before i finally reached B&L at Dean Street. It was 15 minutes into its opening hours and already the place was more than half filled. Seeing the happy lunch crowd, i prayed the food would be worth my mile walk and boy was it worth it. The waiter gave my lunch partner and i the 3 main courses they offer - grilled Lobster, cheese burger and a lobster wrap. ONLY for variety's sake, we ordered a grilled lobster and a cheese burger. )!*(#&$)! Why didn't we just ordered 2 lobsters instead?! I am not saying the burger isn't good but hey, you don't go to a ramen shop for fried rice do you? Anyway, both dishes were good, really good. Even the salad accompanying the mains were gladly chomped down. At 20 pounds per main, it is considered cheap in london so i can understand the number of positive reviews this place is gathering. Pop by B&L if you are in london, you probably love it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I went to burger and lobster with friends a few weeks ago for dinner and it was delicious. As other reviews have said it can be a bit of a wait 45 minutes -1 hour on a Friday evening for a table. However, there is a good drinks menu and the cocktails are delicious so it wasn't really a problem. As indicated in the name the menu consist of lobster, lobster sandwich or beef burger. I got the very filling lobster sandwich which is a brioche sandwich filled with a creamy meaty lobster filling with chips and a salad. It may not look like much but neither I nor my friends could finish the sandwich. My friends who got the lobster were able to finish theirs however you can pick the size of your lobster. My tip would be to ask for garlic butter for dipping if you did not order lobster as the lobster sandwiches don't automatically come with the garlic butter.

• Visited March 2013