“Conquered my fear of breadmaking” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #95 of 1,022 Activities in London
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Harrington's Kitchen in South London provides hands-on cookery classes for those who wish to discover the art of baking bread - made simple.
London
“Conquered my fear of breadmaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I went to the Introduction to Breadmaking class with a friend this weekend. Stephen was a really good teacher and the class was very enjoyable. He created a fun, relaxed atmosphere where everyone could have a go and not worry about making mistakes. We all ended up with really fantastic, delicious bread and it seemed much easier than I'd though. I now feel confident to try making my own bread at home, knowing I can do it!

Visited February 2014
stephen h, Owner at Harrington's Kitchen, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thanks for the review Claire- we are glad that you enjoyed the class and conquered you fear of making bread!

London, United Kingdom
“Introduction to breadmaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife and I attended a class in January. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable day and we ate much of the product from the morning's effort over a convivial lunch.
We have since tested out our new skills at home and, following Stephen's guidelines, we now make fine bread every time. I think we shall probably return at sometime in the future for more tips and treats!
A fun day and highly recommended.

Visited January 2014
stephen h, Owner at Harrington's Kitchen, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Many thanks Chris-It was a pleasure to meet you and Caroline-the photo of your first attempt looks impressive-when you are ready it would be a pleasure to help take your bread making skills to the next level
Beckenham, United Kingdom
“No more fear of bread making”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Excellent teacher and classroom environment that was relaxing. Stephen makes bread making easy. You get to sit down and eat freshly baked breads after the class. A good skill to have in hand and bread making can be fun.

Visited November 2013
stephen h, Owner at Harrington's Kitchen, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you-we are glad you had a good time and look forward to meeting you both in 2014 for one of our other classes.
England
“Advanced bread making course -”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I attended an advanced bread making course on 24th November 2013, as part of a birthday present. I attended the basic bread making course earlier in the year, which took my bread making skills to a new level. Now my bread is brilliant every time..
On the advanced course I learnt to make Italian Ciabatta, French baguette, a Gruyere & cumin loaf, and a black olive bread. The course was once again hands on, very hands on, as the method of kneading the dough, requires it to be flicked, rather than pushed, as seen in most books & TV programmes ( This produces a very light airy dough).
Within 4 hours we (2 pupils) had produced about 20 loaves, that looked and tasted the best. We then had lunch provided where we got to eat, the bread we had just made.
If you want to learn to make superb bread, this is the course to attend.

Visited November 2013
Thank you for the review-you are the most enthusiastic baker so far! Love the photos you put up on FB and look forward to hearing more about your baking development.
Kent
“Harrington's Kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My daughter and I attended a Beginners Bread Making , We felt at home and relaxed in Stephen's kitchen. The technique was new to us and offered ample opportunity to make different breads and bread sticks. The lesson was clear, encouraging, and a hands- on experience, in a small class size environment.

We enjoyed Roberta’s hospitality, with a lovely lunch, before collecting our baking and returning home to continue and practice our new found skills. We would definitely recommend this course! Thank you Stephen and Roberta

Visited November 2013
stephen h, Owner at Harrington's Kitchen, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you very much-we are really pleased that you both got a lot out of the class-look forward to seeing photos of your efforts and maybe see you at an Advanced class one day!