“Impressive friends, and yourself...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #94 of 1,016 Activities in London
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Harrington's Kitchen in South London provides hands-on cookery classes for those who wish to discover the art of baking bread - made simple.
London
“Impressive friends, and yourself...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Loved this. It’s really fun, you learn a very useful skill and you get to eat all the results at the end - As well as your standard loaf we made fugas, crostini and focaccia with all sorts of different flavours. Stephen taught us a different – and very easy - way of kneading bread as well as making all sorts of different types of bread in just a few hours.

Visited June 2013

“Introduction to bread making and advance bread making class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stephen's introduction to bread and Advance bread making class is one of the best bread making classes i have been too. He makes bread making really easy with his unique kneading technique. I had such a wonderful time learning how to make different delicious tasty bread. You also get to meet friendly people who are open to learning. To top it up we had enough bread to take home and share with family and friends. I can't wait to use this recipe when I get back to Nigeria. Thanks Chef Stephen.

Visited June 2013
stephen h, Owner at Harrington's Kitchen, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
It was good working with you Toritseju - I hope that your bakery business will be a success - please let us know how you get on and if you need any new recipes..
Kent
“A fun, creative day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had a great day on Saturday on Stephen Harrington's breadmaking course. We made some delicious fougasse, foccacia and grissini, along with tasty poppy seed and sesame rolls, in a happy atmosphere, and met a lovely bunch of people - all followed by a fabulous lunch which included the fruits of our labours, along with some wonderful salads and wine! I was so lucky to be given a voucher for the day, and I enjoyed every minute! Thank you Stephen.

London, United Kingdom
“Bread Making Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I went to Stephen's Bread Making Course last Saturday with my 16 year old daughter and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in making bread at home. Stephen is a briliant communicator and instructor. We got the chance to try out his method of bread making and produce a number of different types of bread from two types of dough. We will definitely be trying out the recipes at home. The whole experience was fun and relaxed, and we met some really nice people. The session ended with a delicious lunch prepared by Stephen, Roberta and Salvatore so we were able to sample the various breads with a range of food (and some wine!).

Visited June 2013
Thank you for your review-your daughter Alex was the star on the day! Would be great to see you at an advanced class one day...
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Beginners Bread Making Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

For anyone who would like to learn how to make different types of bread, this course is ideal! i can't wait to practice what I learned from Harringtons Kitchen. I live in Newcastle and my Aunt lives in London and she was kind enough to treat my cousin and I to the Beginners Bread Making Course. Not only did we learn a lot but it was fun and friendly. Was lovely afterwards to all sit down and enjoy the bread we made with some wonderful food and a glass of wine. Met some lovely people. Good memories to take back to Newcastle. Thanks to Mr Harrington and his wife for being perfect hosts :-)

Visited May 2013