“The perfect hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 1,054 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“The perfect hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is without doubt one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Booked this hotel for our 25th wedding anniversary and it was perfect the staff are so helpful and friendly but super efficient . The hotel itself is modern and spotlessly clean and in a great location. If you are looking to stay in London do not hesitate book the south place hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Steve C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I was delighted that you chose South Place Hotel to celebrate such a special occasion, and that you had an enjoyable stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Bruce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

One of my hotels of choice when in the City. Great service and location - and consistent each time I have been. Quick and efficient check in and check out.

Pro's:
* Top rate service
* Hotel and room layout - perfect
* Room amenities (great toiletries, TV etc)
* Location
* Wonderful cocktails
* Quiet rooms
* Great restuarants on site

No cons.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear tjd501,

Thank you for your recent review.

I was so pleased to read your kind comments, and that you were able to make the most of your stay here.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

East Grinstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a couple of weeks that my wife and myself stayed for just one night but we are still talking about it now. Right from the moment you step in the hotel lobby you feel that the hotel is very different from anything else. It is trendy, modern and really fits in well with the increasingly fashionable east end of London. The room was very well furnished and attention to detail throughout was fantastic. The bath was huge and the bathroom was very luxurious. I love the little touches such as the bar area in the room with a whole lime for you to cut for G&T's. The mini bar is also reasonably priced. The bar in the evening had a very chilled atmosphere with a live dj playing background music. The comfortable armchairs in the bar were also great to sink into with a drink after a night out. The staff are also very friendly and approachable and a credit to the hotel. My only criticism which is very minor is that the bars are very small and there were no seats. Really want to stay here again very soon.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Patrick M Lucas L,

Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and and that we made such a favourable impression on you and your wife.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend for my wife's 40th birthday. Hotels is fabulous, it's chic, clean, ideally located for moorgate tube station and the staff are very friendly. Everything is so efficient, we had a problem with the TV in the room one day and within 2 minutes someone was up to our room to fix it. The rooms are lovely and the bath was huge. Will definitely stay here again

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Webbohullfc,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am thrilled that you chose South Place Hotel to celebrate such a special occasion and I hope your wife had a fantastic birthday.

Your comments are very kind and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful staff, perfect food, truly a delightful stay;) I had the pleasure of staying at South Place Hotel after a long 24 day Europe Tour. I decided to book the hotel based on its Trip Advisor 2014 Travelers' Choice Award. The hotel is absolutely exquisite! The staff are friendly, attentive and efficient. I was given a full tour of all the features in my room and throughly acquainted with the hotel amenities. I decided to order room service as I was beyond exhausted from my travels. For dinner I ordered the lamb with a side of potatoes and the omelet breakfast. Needless to say the food was absolutely delicious. The beds are beyond plush and the bathroom is just stunning. I was rather sad I didn't stay in London another evening just to enjoy my room a bit longer.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Keisha M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us during your exciting tour of Europe.

I hope we can welcome you back for a longer stay next time you are in London, when you can try our restaurants and bars.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

There is not a bad word I can say about South Place, this hotel is perfect. My girlfriend and I loved it. The whole hotel is immaculate and I can't praise the staff high enough, they're exceedingly polite and helpful. We had breakfast brought up to the room and the standard of food matches the hotel. Have recommended to everyone.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ryan B,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

Your comments are very kind and I am thrilled you enjoyed the hotel so much.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I had previously been impressed by the exemplary service and pleasing range of well-chosen wines and local craft beers in the hotel's elegant bar, so South Place was my number one choice for a special night's dinner and stay for my wife and I. Located as it is so close to Liverpool Street, Moorgate and onward to St Pancras, it could not be more convenient for any London visitor. From check-in to (a reluctant) check-out, our experience was faultless. The quintessentially modern, chic aesthetic is both luxurious and fresh throughout; the hotel feels brand new and yet cosily welcoming. We are no strangers to luxury hotel breaks, and yet delighted in discovering innumerable extra details and touches in South Place which really elevate the hotel to a class of its own. Our fourth-floor room was fabulously comfortable and so thoughtfully supplied: fresh lemon and lime to compliment the mini-bar; a drawer-full of glassware to suit one's night-cap of choice; multiple ambient lighting settings and state of the art tv; immaculate wet-room...
The stylish staff were warm and attentive, offering impeccable service at reception and at dinner. We dined - exquisitely - in the ground-floor grill, 3 South Place. Succulent scallops with cheeky, salty chicken skin were an appetising entree to perfectly-cooked, generously served steaks; a gorgeously creamy cheesecake finished the feast, which we could compliment throughout from the extensive wine list. Continuing the gourmand theme, 'breakfast in bed' the next morning (think cappuccinos, fresh fruit with granola, three-cheese omelette, decadent almond croissant...) arrived on its own table-clothed service: no awkwardly-balanced tray on the bed at South Place!
Having explored the imaginatively furnished retro games lounge for guests, well-equipped gym and sauna facilities, and 7th floor Angler restaurant as a further dining option, we would return at the drop of a hat. South Place epitomises, if not exceeds, one's expectations of a five-star experience. I would guarantee a memorable stay for anyone.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Bruce R, General Manager at South Place Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Ade L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am thrilled you had such a memorable stay with us and you enjoyed all that South Place has to offer. Our team were so pleased to read your comments.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Bruce

Been to South Place Hotel? Share your experiences!