“Ideal place to stay for the london marathon.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Woolwich

and 1 more site!
You added Travelodge Woolwich to your Saves list
Travelodge Woolwich
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125-157 Powis Street | Woolwich, London SE18 6LQ, England   |
Ranked #440 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Ideal place to stay for the london marathon.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Friendly, clean hotel within easy reach of all public transport. Lots of local eatiers,shops etc, a good base for london but far enough out to be quiet. A pleasent place to stay and was ideal for us running in the marathon.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed two nights at Woolwich Travel Lodge, very good location for trains and DLR into London. Very clean rooms and comfy beds!
We were dealt with by several members of staff which were extremely helpful and friendly, one member of staff called Lisa was very kind to us and went out of her way to assist us with using the Oyster cards. Thank you.

London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed in Travelodge Woolwich with my 6 year old daughter for 3 nights to attend a family funeral in the area last weekend, along with 14 other family members.

The room was tidy, clean and simple as expected. Good parking facilities was available, internet access was great so there was no complaints here. Might I also add that the receptionist Lisa was a lovely lady who was professional and compassionate towards myself and family as she was aware of the purpose of our stay.

I paid my room fee of £251 upfront on check in with Lisa and also paid for breakfast each day before entering the dining room. All was well until I opted for late check out which was an additional 2 hours from the normal time whereby I witnessed the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life right here.

This employees name was Anjita who introduced herself as Reception Manager. I explained to her colleague at 12:15pm that further to the funeral I was physically tired and was getting myself and daughter ready to leave so I asked for her to process the late check out fee of £10 and that I would pay this and leave before 2pm (please bare in mind that normal check out is 12pm, extended check out was 2pm). She refused to accept this, she was extremely rude, unhelpful, completely disregarded the fact that I had a small child when she unnecessarily requested for me to immediately come downstairs to reception and went completely out of her way to disturb and harass me on THREE visits to my room between the space of 12:15pm to 1:00pm.

I was not aggressive nor physical with her but was agitated because I could not understand what the whole fuss was about. I did not think it was necessary to have that approach with me when I was happy to pay the charge on my departure which was due to be within the next couple of hours. Isn't that the reason for offering the late check out option?

So it gets worse.. Anjita even went to the extreme of calling the police, obviously as an attempt to intimidate/ threaten me but when they arrived they was clearly unimpressed with her overactive approach to deal with a paying customer. When the police officer asked Anjita how much was outstanding on my account, she was forced to check the computer system and told the officers £10, at which point they were puzzled and said to her to let me pay and be on my way. I made payment as I said I would and left by 1:35pm. My question is how can a company pay an employee to treat their source of income in this way? UNACCEPTABLE!

As a business owner myself, I am aware that customers do not always follow the policies set out to them, however how you deal with the matter should always be profession, rational and not personal. Anjita clearly wanted to get her own way but failed to see the bigger picture as a representative of a well-know hospitality organisation.

Anjita completely ruined my stay, made me feel judged, harassed and devalued as a customer for a measly £10 that I never refused to pay in the first place. I now regret even spending a penny in Travelodge Woolwich, in fact any Travelodge period, nor would I advise the 14 other members of my family who also stayed to return.

Overall I would not advise anyone to stay here, especially during a time of grief if there is the slightest possibility you could be treated in the same way that I was. As a result I have lodged a formal complaint and I am awaiting response to the diabolical experience I was subjected to.

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have family in South East London, so this travelodge is the best way to visit without inconveniencing any of them! It's easy to travel about - Woolwich Arsenal station is a short walk away, and the DLR is an even shorter one!
In many respects, it's a pretty standard travelodge, so you get what you pay for. I've always found the staff to be helpful when we've needed them to be, and when we've been unhappy with our room (a few rooms have smaller than average windows that make me feel claustrophobic) they have been happy to accommodate us.
I've navigated the place in a wheelchair once, so can say it is wheelchair accessible, and the staff seem very helpful.
With a Sainsburys around the corner and a Starbucks across the road, we haven't had breakfast with them, but evening meals are the standard travelodge quality, so nothing to complain about there.
Overall, well located and no unexpected surprises, so it's a thumbs up from me.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stayed one night this week and managed to leave my fitbit (£58) in the bed. I was unwell through the night and taken the bangle off (out of character for me). Reported this in person within the hour to be told nothing was found, apparently the head housekeeper cleaned the room herself. I called again later and asked for someone to double check under the bed and around the mattress incase my fitbit had fallen under or around the headboard area and maybe missed. This time my phone no was taken for someone to check and call me back. This didn't happen and now the device has been synced to another phone and on some else's wrist. The lack of return call to even acknowledge no trace of item has disappointed and enraged me. I'm under no illusion this could have been found by the next guest but very unlikely and I know I should have more careful with my possessions but the fact I did not even get a call back now means I don't intend to stay in travelodge again. As a frequent user across the London area (at least 2-3 times a month) I won't stay in one again. For the record this particular one on Woolwich the floors and bed moves regularly with train vibration, disturbed sleep and you can't adjust heating over 22 degrees, simply cuts off. Scrambled eggs were hard, lying too long and inedible. Not recommended, stay away.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
TravelodgeUK, Amy from the Social Media team at Travelodge Woolwich, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Travelodge take the security and safety of our customers very seriously and ensure that matters like this are fully investigated and will contact the police if needed. Please visit the contact us page on our website to allow us to assist you further.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Usual Travel Lodge but very short of seating in the room. Only a single plastic chair to sit on other than the bed.
Fire alarm beeping all night, very annoying and disturbing, little sleep!
Excellent staff though.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Have stayed here twice as I needed easy digs in the area. Check in was simple and the room was new and fine. I slept well, it was quiet and comfortable. The location worked for me. I just grabbed a sandwich from round the corner for breakfast and was on my way. They do breakfast but it seemed expensive and I was in a hurry. Wifi free for 30 mins in the room. Will go back when I next need a place to stay in the area. Thought is better than other Travelodges I have stayed in.

Room Tip: The old bakery rooms at the back are quieter.