“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #419 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

As always a pleasant stay in a Travelodge we've not yet used. Only had one minor issue that the bed for the 3rd person wasn't made up when we checked in so we mentioned it on our way and when we arrived back that evening it had been made up for us.
The hotel is in a nice location very close to both bus stops and the DLR station which came in handy for us as we were at a concert at the O2 which was only 20 minutes away.
The guy that checked us in was one of the best people I've ever encountered on checking in joking about 'The Bakery' part of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

It was my first time staying at a travelodge and it didn't disappoint, the staff were extremely friendly and very helpful, it was definitely great value for money. Saved me a few quid from my usual choice of hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ipswich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I booked on-line with no problems. I was disgusted to find: WiFi was expensive; that I was advised to park in the costly car park when on-street parking was free. Breakfast: good but very little cutlery so spoons had to be collected and washed several times!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed overnight to go to concert at 02 Arena.
Very convenient location right next to Woolwich ferry (which wasn't working unfortunately because of the weather at the time I needed to use it) and for shopping in Woolwich HIgh Street. Choice of two buses 161 and 472 (bus stop outside garage on main road only 2 mins walk from hotel) straight to O2 Arena which was great because for three of us was £2.40 each way (couldn't be bothered to sort out Oyster cards for discount) which came to total of £14.40 and parking at the O2 was £21, so unless more than 4 of you cheaper the way we did it and without the hassle.
Had to ask staff member about logging in for free car parking from 5pm to 9am, (otherwise £10 overnight) and then is 60p per hour out of these hours. Also as three of us sharing room had to ask for linen for third single/ sofa bed which was provided whilst we we out. Wouldn't want to hang around in room too much not relaxing only one chair. Sofa bed - would have been difficult to have watched the tv. Also no free Wi-fi. Stayed at Premier Inn in Manchester last year and that felt much more luxurious and worth staying in the room. Would I stay there again, yes if I couldn't get a cheaper hotel for O2 Arena, thinking of looking at Holiday Inn Express which is nearer. Cost me £47 for three of us for Sat night so I suppose all things considered a good price for a bed overnight and good access to transport for O2 Arena and North Circular and M1
Advise: go up the road for breakfast at local cafe -? run by Poles but very friendly and it cost me for three people what it would have cost for 2 in the Travelodge itself.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Lovely warm room with very comfortable bed. Helpful staff, excellent breakfast but avoid the evening meal - unfortunately it was really awful (not the cooking but the quality of the food)! And remember to bring your own toiletries as they are not provided.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Dirty carpet Moudly Muffin Locals using hotel as hangout Bad customer service. My family and I spend three nights at the hotel. Bad Bad Bad. The only good things was the bathroom which was clean. Carpet in the room was smelly and didnt look like it was cleaned in years. Muffins at breakfast was mouldy and the response we got was "Oh!". The local people were using the main hotel area as a hang out. Staff were not always at the desk meant we were waiting around for up to 10mins at a time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

St. Asaph, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Very disappointing to turn up with colleagues to find that one of our rooms had been booked by someone else, even though my colleagues had visited the travelodge in the afternoon and the staff knew they were both staying. The staff allowed my colleagues to check in one room early to keep bags in at an extra cost of £10. They failed to explain that the other room could be booked out. What a bizarre system they operate. My own sleep was interrupted by an idiot trying to get into my room and others banging on doors with no concern for others. A very disappointing stay. Won't use again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Woolwich? Share your experiences!