“Delicious food in grotty Tottenham” 5 of 5 stars

+44 20 8888 8898
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Banc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Fabio and Jan opened the doors of The Banc in 2011 - reclaiming it's status on West Green Road (it used to be a former Barclays Bank), which inspired the restaurants name and renovating it with love and care to add some much needed pizazz to the area. A Burger & Steakhouse Restaurant with a touch of fine dinning and a labour of love for two young men, two local boys who went to the local school opposite the restaurant and decided to give something back to their community. Beautifully layout out over 2 floors, The Banc has an opened kitchen, contemporary decoration with hints of pearl white and red walls on one level and a black and white theme on the upper level which is superbly decadent and romantic. Fabio & Jan pride themselves on fabulous fresh cooked food, friendly, passionate and personal service. You will always see them either at the restaurant or outdoor lounge entertaining their guests. At The Banc the freshest produce, fish and matured meat are combined with the highest quality ingredients in order to create mouth watering dishes with unique presentation. With such fascinating dishes there is also a credible wine list and home-made desserts. We welcome your visit and hope to earn your repeated custom. Fabio & Jan
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious food in grotty Tottenham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Went with my parents for lunch during the week so the place was pretty much empty - nice modern decor with an open and very visible kitchen. We ordered calamari, halloumi, and the BBQ chicken skewers for our starter and these were all delicious, with some original touches (like the jam with the halloumi). The calamari were perfectly cooked but quite greasy (although they are deep fried so I'm not sure what i was expecting)

For mains we ordered chicken shawarma, lamb meatballs and a cheese burger - the portions were all deceptively huge and the food was once again perfect - such a lovely surprise :)

The menu had some lower priced options for starter/main combos so it was really good value too, and the waiter/manager was super attentive and nice

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“The staff were friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Value for money and very tasty Mediterranean food with popular music in the background. Lovely lunch with my fiancée

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Unbelievable find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I typically don't bother to write reviews unless I really love or really hate something, but this restaurant I absolutely had to rave about. A friend took me to the Banc after a series of unsuccessful culinary experiences in and around London. I was wary at first, but the moment I stepped in I knew it was something special. The decor, the ambiance, and the food, oh my God the food.... We ordered three dishes, as I wanted to get a good sample of the variety of tastes. It is a rare thing indeed to order three dishes and love every single one. The poached salmon was excellently cooked, the steak was absolutely wonderful, and the burger made me make all kinds of inappropriate orgiastic sounds as I was eating it. Unquestionably delicious. It was a wonder we had any room left, but we had a waffle for dessert. Crispy outside, melt-in-your-mouth inside, with chocolate and excellent quality vanilla-bean ice cream... Heavenly. The owners of the restaurant were there and came up to greet us as we were the last ones out, and introduced us to the chef. Their personalities were just as fantastic as their food. They also have hookah available, and the outdoors looked amazing. I can't wait to try it next time.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“A find in Tottenham area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Ate at this great restaurant with 10 other work colleagues from a set menu, which I wouldn't expect much from - but was SO surprised at the wonderful food and great service we received. Simple but very tasty starter of pitta, hummus, sun-dried peppers and amazing sauces, followed by various meat kebabs which were of Massive proportions! Really reasonable pricing made this a wonderful little gem of a place in between wood green and seven sisters tubs stations.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“My favoutite restaurant in North London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

As a regular visitor to The Banc, West Green Road, London N15 I feey my review is long overdue. The spacious Banc is an unexpected find in this area of West Green Rd which is by the junction with Philip Lane. It's actually a converted Bank and serves high quality Mediterannean food, Turkish, Italian and even a hint of English especially if you are into steaks etc. Everything is freshly cooked and efficiently served by the friendly staff and two joint owners who apply a hands-on contribution to the day to day running of the place. Prices are reasonable for the quality and service. They also have a 'shisha' garden/terrace for smokers. They cater for parties and the like in the separate raised area at the rear.