“Oh so average” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Oh so average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Travelled to this place for afternoon tea off the back of online reviews. But I was so disappointed. The place is nice enough, but what people really mean by 'cosy' is just small. Fine though. Staff were friendly and we got served quickly (we booked in advance). However, the scones were NOT fresh, sandwiches fine but nothing special, tea was good, cakes were good. But this is NOT worth £20 per person + service charge. £45 for 2 people isn't representative of what you get. I've had some lovely casual afternoon teas elsewhere for half the price and much better. Would not recommend.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“A Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We don't live locally but we wanted a place for a special family tea party on a Sunday afternoon. This couldn't have been better. We'd booked in advance and they were very co-operative. everything was ready as ordered. It's got a real atmosphere with 20s art-work, vintage crockery, and overall style. All the products are home-made including jam and scones and dainty cakes. We had a baby and a toddler in our group and the staff were friendly and helpful. Food delicious and in generous portions - a scrumptious tea with sandwiches, scones and cakes and a good choice of teas. (The only adverse is the loo which is perfectly serviceable but needs a makeover.) We'll go again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to have lovely tea and treats.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Been to the tea rooms a few times and have loved every trip. Nice cosy vintage place to chill with friends/family. Great staff, great selection of teas and great tea time treats. Crowded and a bit squashed at times due to its popularity. It's a shame they closed the extension and garden area. Will still be going there though. :D

• 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“A lovely afternoon tea at Christmas time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had read about this cafe when researching the best afternoon teas in London. I wanted to do something very chilled and a bit 'different' with my girlfriends this year to celebrate my birthday, and I stumbled on this place, which is recommended by The Telegraph. Booking in advance was needed as we were a party of 12; I put a deposit down with Isabelle, one of the young and extremely friendly owners, and she was nothing but helpful in all our email correspondence. I have just returned from a lovely afternoon in the cafe, which has a gorgeous vintage feel, complete with mismatching crockery. Cakes, sandwiches and scones were amazing, accompanied by fantastic pots of tea and homemade raspberry jam. Some of us also had a lovely mulled wine as a festive twist! The atmosphere was relaxed and they made us feel very welcome. Thank you for giving me a very special birthday experience. I shall definitely be returning and recommending!

• Visited December 2012