“Lovely, Clean Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn London Blackfriars (Fleet Street)

Save Saved
You added Premier Inn London Blackfriars (Fleet Street) to your Saves list
Premier Inn London Blackfriars (Fleet Street)
1 - 2 Dorset Rise, London EC4Y 8EN, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rooms from £89
Ranked #62 of 1,055 Hotels in London
Wales , Uk
“Lovely, Clean Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had a fantastic stay in this hotel in September and because of this booked there again for a shopping trip in November. Unfortunately had a few problems when booking in and wasted all day sorting it out and had to move rooms on a few occasions , all this took time and the last move was done inbetween courses while dinning. When we eventually got a room it was spotlessly clean and we were happy with it. We had the meal deal and the service was brilliant.and a special thanks to Anthony who knew (because of the problems with the booking in )we didn't have much time and ensured we were out as quick as possible. The rest of our stay was great and when I booked out I spoke to the manger who was extremely helpful and couldn't apologise enough for the problems encounter on the first day, she also refunded our money for the night too, which definately helped to ease the pain . All in all expect for booking in , we had a lovely stay but I don't know if I would book again purely because of the booking in experience . I'm sure it was a one off but its put me off what otherwise would be a lovely hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Rajiv T, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Blackfriars (Fleet Street), responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for Premier Inn London Blackfriars Fleet Street. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. I apologise about the delay in check-in but am equally glad that other team members like Anthony and the duty manager resolved the issue and made your stay memorable for the right reasons. We have recently conducted a few refresher-training sessions with our team members to reinforce our standards and ensure our reception team delivers great customer service to all our guests everyday. Best wishes from the team at Premier Inn London Blackfriars Fleet Street.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last night as our work function was round the corner. Excellent hotel, friendly staff, very very quiet - had a great night's sleep and even better no commute. The one complaint I have is that the bed was very soft and I prefer harder mattresses - but that is just a personal quirk of mine. Hotel could not be faulted and I will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and 5 Star review. I am delighted to read that we lived up to our usual high standards in customer service and clean bedrooms. I have shared your feedback with our team. I am glad you had a wonderful time in London and that you will come visit us again.
Bredon, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

A good place to stay when working in the city. The breakfast is excellent with a good choice at the buffet with good quality food. The location cannot be faulted and the rooms are clean and quiet. It also has air-con which not all Premier Inns have. It is round the corner from one of my favourite Indian restaurants (Indian City) and is close to the Thames for walks and runs. Only negative side is that some of the staff are a bit clueless. There was a problem with my booking which my company emailed to sort then the receptionist couldn't find the details and I had to talk to the manager. Dippy receptionists aside, though, this is a good hotel and I will be staying here again next time I am working in London.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for Premier Inn London Blackfriars Fleet Street. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and our location was suitable for your visit. I have taken your feedback about our reception team and would like to thank you for sharing the same with us. I will certainly look into some refresher training for some of the new starters. I am certain that you will get a different impression the next time you stay with us. I am glad we are located just around the corner from your favourite Indian restaurant and look forward to welcoming you to the hotel during your next visit to London.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

long weekend break in december.My wife and i found the staff very friendly,easy check in.room great.food good restaurant staff could not do enough,especially anthony.Just a short walk from blackfriars tube station

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to read your review and would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on tripadvisor. I have shared your comments with Anthony who is very pleased to see his name mentioned again. I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel during your next visit to London.
solihull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed here while the house was redecorated. Chose the hotel because of its transport links, only 400 yds from Black friars and easy to walk to St Paul's. Only opened in mid 2012 the furnishings were as new. Easy and welcoming reception for our internet booking and helpful staff throughout. Eateries abounded within walking distance, although the only night we ate in(too exhausted to venture out on our last night) we were not disappointed at all,OK standard hotel fare but well cooked,presented and served.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your taking the time to post this lovely review on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you chose to stay with us while your home was being redecorated. It is a pleasure to have long staying guests as it tells us if our service is consistent every day. The team also gets a chance to know you and understand guest needs better. I am glad that you found our team members friendly and our location was central to your needs. I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel during your next trip to London.
Braine-l'Alleud, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is the fifth Premier Inn we have stayed in now and for a budget chain, they are really very difficult to find fault with. This hotel is in a great location for exploring central London and very close to the Underground and rail station. It was such a quiet hotel, that once inside you would never believe it was in central London. As per usual with Premier Inn the room was comfortable and very clean and the staff were helpful, friendly and courteous.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your taking the time to write this review. I am very pleased to read your comments and have shared them with our team. Our location has become an instant hit mainly as Blackfriars Train and Tube Station is only 2-minute walk from us. I am proud to know that we are representing the Premier Inn brand successfully as per your comments. Best wishes from the team at Premier Inn London Blackfriars (Fleet Street).
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend break in December with our 2 children 10 and 14. Quick and friendly check in. The room was a little small with a double and 2 single beds, but was clean, and comfortable. We didn't eat in the restaurant this time, but there was Tesco express right next door-very handy! Great location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for Premier Inn London Blackfriars Fleet Street. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologise that our rooms were smaller than what you expected for a family of four. We have some rooms slightly larger than others so during your next visit we can look to allocate you a larger family room. Please feel free to email me directly at opsmgr.londonblackfriars@whitbread.com prior to your arrival. Best wishes from the team at Premier Inn London Blackfriars Fleet Street.

Been to Premier Inn London Blackfriars (Fleet Street)? Share your experiences!