“Good food, nice atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have visited this restaurants a few times and I am always happy with the food, the service and the bill. The portions are very decent and worth every penny spent. It is also in very convenient location.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London
“A real gem in the middle of Catford. We just love this place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have been regular diners at this restaurant for over a year now. It's still definitely up there as one of our favourites. The food is consistently good and plentiful, the staff are very friendly and welcoming, even remembering our usual food and drink orders. We have had family birthday celebrations there and our food has always been served at the same time so we have never had the situation where half the party has finished their food before the rest has been served - always a plus point in my book!! My favourite meal is the chicken enchiladas and my partner loves the prawn skewers. I have tried the chilli con carne, it was too hot for me but I am a lightweight when it comes to hot food!!! I would highly recommend trying this restaurant and I hope you love it as much as we do.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Didn't actually expect much from this place. We were just randomly choosing a restaurant for lunch while in Catford and decided on Mexican for a change. Decor wasn't shabby, they did put some effort into giving it a Mexican feel with the posters and the sombreros on the chairs.

We had the Smoked Hickory BBQ Ribs, Peri Peri Chicken Skewer and the Chimichanga. They were all good. The stand out was the BBQ Ribs - it was tender and the flavour was just great.

Service was pretty good too, with friendly and welcoming staff. We were definitely happy with this unexpected treat.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“El Poco Mexico en Ford-del-Cat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Char-grilled chicken, onion and pepper strips straddling chunks of avocado, tomato, a blend of grated cheeses and greens with a spicy hot sauce, freshly squeezed lime and a house-concocted 'secret' salad dressing, in a crispy tortilla shell....

El Poco Mexico *redefines* salad.

The first time we ate at this Mexican diner in Catford in 2012, we shared a tortilla basket salad as a starter. There were almost tears: I was so *full* I couldn’t eat my main course. That torment will stay with me, but so does the excitement of having a salad every time I come here to eat in or take-away (yes, I said excitement and salad in the same sentence) whether it’s steak, chicken, peri peri prawns or regular.

Both the steak and chicken salads are served with char-grilled, slightly caramelised onions and peppers giving them the edge over other salad varieties. Along with the ‘tostada’ crunchy basket shell, this makes for a really hearty main course.

Never has salad been so satisfying. And filling.

Read more at http://wp.me/pCISV-xk (copy + paste URL into new browser)

• Visited July 2013