The B&B is located in a residental area, at about 15 minute (20 with heavy luggage) walking distance from the closest tube station. It has 2 rooms for guests - one on a separate floor with en suite bathroom and one wall to wall with the owner´room with private bathroom over the corridor.
- Quite cheap for London standards
- Owner is very responsive via email and offers a pick-up service from the airport (at an extra charge)
- The owner is very chatty and entertaining. You won't feel lonely at breakfast.
- There is a very nice Italian restaurant next door.
- The owner sets the rules. Some examples:
1) The guests may chose between breakfast at 8 or 8:30am. Make sure you are an early bird during your holidays...
2) For breakfast, you may choose between one croissant or one slice of toast. If you wish to have more, you need to ask for every slice at a time. Btw: The comment of an earlier guest that the breakfast was all organic seems to be outdated. We had a normal Tesco breakfast.
3) The private bath room is fully carpeted. So make sure you don't spill any water. This goes particularly for the bath tub (no shower, no curtain), which is only to be used sitting.
- If you happen to get the room with the separate bathroom, the owner lives literally next door. As the walls are not the thickest in the world, better forget about privacy during your holidays.
- The room is tiny. If you bring two suitcases, make sure to plan well when you want to open one of them. There is no place for both at the same time and let alone to move inside the room. And don't be surprised if your shins are sore after your stay. There has been at least one other guest (me!) who hit it five times in two days at the edge of the bed...
- Perhaps it is a matter of personal preference, but we did not feel comfortable, relaxed and at home.
- Also Known As:
- White House Bed And Breakfast London, England