“Quite Good” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Brooklyn Bite
342 King's Road, London SW3 5UR, England (Chelsea)
Improve this listing
Ranked #11,995 of 17,041 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Neighborhood: Chelsea
London
“Quite Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place is ok, the food is good, but very greasy, and huge portions. Obviously it's not a healthy choice but... Not an amazing atmosphere, you sort of feel rushed through your meal, which when it's not THAT cheap isn't great.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Greater London
“Be Very Hungry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I ordered a takeaway from Brooklyn Bite and am still eating the pizza a day later.
Pizzas are enormous....18 inches of tasty dough and a good amount of topping. A lovely 'home-made' flavour, crispy dough and good quality ingredients.
Slightly on the expensive side but worth it. Service excellent.

Visited September 2012
“pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I are from New York and live in London. I grew up in Brooklyn and Staten Island so I have an idea about the flavors one would want to capture in a restaurant called Brooklyn Bite. First of all, we liked the menu choices very much. Not so many choices that it was impossible to decide, but enough to get the salivary glands going.

We wanted to try a few things to get a sense of the flavors. Firstly, we had an order of meatballs. These are a combination of beef, pork, and veal. Nice touch. The portion was a good size and they arrived with grated parmesan on top. Again, nice touch. The sauce was a a bit spicy (either chili pepper or lots of black pepper), which, for me, is a no-no for meatballs...others may like it. Overall, though, not a bad start.

We also ordered the small Bianco pie (ricotta, mozzarella, no sauce). I thought it fell well short of both our expectations. We should have ordered a pie with tomato sauce, which would have been a good test. The pie did come with an assortment of condiments to flavor your pizza (grated cheese, garlic powder, chili oil, salt and pepper...very nice touch). The pizza crust was pretty good but overall, we have definitely had better pizza in London.

Finally, we ordered the eggplant parmigiana sub. This was really good. The bread was great, the eggplant was cooked and seasoned perfectly (fried and breaded...just like we do at home) and the sub was plenty large. The best eggplant parmigiana we've had in England by a long stretch.

The service was very good and friendly. The decor and seating arrangements are odd.

We will probably go back and I would like to taste the sausage and peppers. I'd also like to try the cold sub.

Finally, it is a bit on the expensive side. An oder of meatballs, 12" pizza, and a nice sized sub (no alcohol and so soft drinks) came to 30 gbp (including gratuity)

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Not as good as I had hoped”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I went to Brooklyn Bite last Sunday with a group of friends, very much looking forward to an American deep pan pizza and was let down. The staff were friendly and attentive but the pizza was tasteless and the seats horribly uncomfortable, benches and stools are not that great for a restaurant where it takes you time to demolish an 18" pizza! We had a Fugetaboutit and a Funguy both in 18" for 4 of us and had meatballs, garlic knots, sausages and mozzarella sticks and we left very full but a little bit disappointed.

London, United Kingdom
“Worst pizza EVER... What a waste of money and calories!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

When Brooklyn Bites opened I was excited about the concept of having an american style pizza chain right on my doorstep. I LOVE pizza every kind of pizza so I dragged a group of friends for the experience... Including an American.

It was pretty quiet for a Sunday afternoon - service wasn't bad although at one point one of the waiters told us that this would be the best pizza we've tried out of the USA... Clearly not the case. My poor american friend.

I enjoyed the fact they had rootbeer what I did not enjoy was the cardboard pizza that came next. It was completely flavourless despite having at least 5 toppings - even after salt and chili flakes there was zero flavour... The dough wasn't like any pizza dough I've tasted before from any country or that I've made myself. It was bland and can only be described as cardboard. We had garlic knots and mozzarella sticks for starters - garlic knots were like the pizza ( where was the garlic?) tasteless - the mozzarella sticks were passable and the most edible thing we ate at Brooklyn Bites...

In short don't bother going ...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere