“Good Steak, Great Wine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Roxie Steak - Fulham

Roxie Steak - Fulham
803 Fulham Road | Fulham, London, England (Formerly Roxie Steak & Wine Cafe)
020 7371 5785
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Fairfax, Virginia
“Good Steak, Great Wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

After seeing a lot of reviews on TripAdvisor before going on my trip, I decided to give Roxie Steak and Wine Cafe a shot. I mean, you can't really go wrong with steak and wine. I'm a little particular about how my steaks are cooked, and Roxie managed to make me happy, though it could have been seasoned a little more. I must say though that I was really impressed with their wine selections and really enjoyed the Tapiz Malbec. Overall it was pretty good experience, and I would go again given the opportunity.

Visited May 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Good food bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Being a local to the area we thought we would try Roxie. Initially we were seated fast and given a menu fast. But then the service went down hill. We ordered bread to start with and then our mains but when the bread had not arrived we asked another waiter if this was on its way but by the time we got our bread the mains were also served. Once we had finished our meals we eventually had to ask for dessert menus and then had to ask after wiring to order our dessert. Finally when we had waited enough we asked for the bill which did not come for 20 minutes so we asked for it again. It was sych a shame the service was so poor as the food was excellent. The steak was some of the best i have had and very reasionably priced. Unfortunatey the great food was overshaddowed by the frustration of being mostly ignored from the waitress the whole night. Needless to say we did not pay the optional service charge.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Good, but slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The food was generally good. The steak was perfectly cooked and tender, if lacking a bit of depth of flavour. Most of the starters were also good with some great fresh flavours (prawn ceviche), although the squid was a bit on the rubbery side.

Starters arrived relatively promptly, but it was about 90 mins between the final member of our party arriving and the main courses which seemed pretty slow for a wednesday night when the restaurant wasn't packed. Also, steaks are served on wooden platters; no issue with this in principle, but a couple were slightly warped so span around whenever trying to cut anything - a bit of an issue for a steak restaurant.

Wine list is OK, but would have been nice to have a choice of more wines by the glass (only 3 reds available), especially given the name of the place.

Value was very good - whilst the food wasn't the best ever, it is nowhere near as overpriced as many steakhouses in London, and so despite having a few pick ups didn't feel at all shortchanged. The service was also friendly and attentive, making for a very good atmosphere.

Overall, will go back and would recommend, but probably only if in the area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jesi, Italy
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I've been here few months ago with some friends and i'll never forget their tasty meats...
I'll come back for sure.
Service and Food were awesome!
Greetings from Italy!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“The best steak in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I've been in this restaurant several times and they never disappointed me!
Food was awesome, amazing service, excellent wine list and magic atmosphere!! Definitely not expensive to be a steak house and I'll be back with my friends to show them this beautiful restaurant!!

• Visited May 2013