“Simply amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 1,022 Activities in London
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an independent Wine School offering tastings and courses for all levels, located in the heart of the City of London. Our style is informal, unstuffy and relaxed, and our customers learn while enjoying themselves and having a good social experience. We also specialise in corporate and private tastings and team events to suit your own requirements.
Hk
“Simply amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I don't alway write reviews but I really feel that Ian deserves it. I took the wset level 2 wine course with east London wine school and had an excellent time. Ian was very knowledgeable and more importantly, he's an excellent instructor. Polite, passionate and all in all a great teacher.

Would recommend to anyone!!

Visited September 2013

“Discover wine...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I did the WSET Level 1 course and found it really useful. Ian's way of teaching is very effective and the use of the Nez du Vin kit helped identify the aromas of the wines. I started to appreciate the beauty of wines and after Level 1 I continued with two "discovery" wine tasting evenings which I again enjoyed a lot. I'm looking forward to wine tasting evenings starting September! I would definitely recommend the school to my friends.

Dorking, United Kingdom
“The right atmosphere to get the most out of it1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I signed up to do WSET Level 1 and already had a bit of knowledge, the only thing was it was all floating around in my head.
The course was brilliantly run in a mannor that was relaxed, professional, fun and well designed. I learnt a lot more and was able to put all the knowledge into a clear outline.
I am now signing up to do Level 2!

P.S. The tutor was excellent, friendly yet professional.

“now I understand...!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My friend invited me to join her at one of East London's wine tasting sessions; she had investigated a number of schools and thought that East London offered best value for money. We chose Chile and Argentina for our evening session. It was marvellous, thoroughly enjoyable. I learned so much, about the regions' geography, climate, history, and of course their wines! Ian is an excellent teacher, no question goes unanswered, regardless of content. The participants start to share their thoughts and experiences with each other, but throughtout all the ensuing talk, Ian keeps full control of the 'classroom'. He has the most amazing commanding voice, and to all our amazement, remembered our names, how is that possible?!...Our tastings were enhanced by matching the wines, both white and red, with cheese, fish, and meat tastings, provided by Ian's wife. A family enterprise indeed. An excellent evening, we are now going back for Australia, we will maybe work our way round the world in due course... and of course, what happened after the course was that I was able to go into my local supermarket and understand what I was looking at!

3 attraction reviews
“Great way to spend your Saturday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I attended the Introduction to Wine Tasting session with my girlfriend. Although we are enthusiastic wine drinkers, we knew little about what distinguished good wine from bad and why.

The course was pitched at novices like ourselves. The material was well presented and easily understandable, and the enthusiasm and passion of our presenter made the whole thing a very enjoyable experience. We tasted and compared six whites and six reds (starting off with a glass of champagne) and combined these with different types of food, such as goats cheese and chorizo. Absolutely delicious.

The course strikes a nice balance by providing enough information about the wine without overloading the audience - and leaving you intrigued enough to want to find out more. If you're looking for a fun evening or Saturday afternoon and you've always wanted to know why you like a certain wine, how rose is made and whether it possible to get champagne without bubbles, then this course is for you.