“Delicious food and super friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2,186 of 16,890 restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Our Neapolitan pizza and food are the most authentic you will find in London: come and try a genuine slice of Naples.
London
“Delicious food and super friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised when I discovered RossoPomodorro just off Hoxton square. I found the service to be very fast and the food delicious. The staff are very friendly which - for me makes a big difference in whether or not I decide to visit again. I've been back 3 times in the last month :)

73% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“The best pizza I've had in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Rosso Pomodoro in Camden Town definitely has the best pizza I've had in London, actually propably in the UK. I almost surrended after trying different places with horrible pizzas but after I tried this, I was relieved. Really good food, wine and nice mostly Italian, friendly staff. Well done!

London
“Lovely Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I know this restaurant as I work around the corner so it's very handy. We actually went on the opening day in 2012 and have been back several times. The staff are very professional and friendly and the food is very good. I normally have a pasta dish but my friend often has pizza which she says are always wonderful. Certainly my food is always great. The Camden Branch is a large restaurant and if you can brave the traffic on Jamestown Road you can sit outside on a nice day. The restaurant can easily cope with groups - I guess with some notice and all my colleagues who have ever been there have really enjoyed it. There is also a good wine list and the staff are happy to make recommendations. They also change the menu fairly regularly so it doesn't get too samey! I would certainly recommend it and it makes a change from the more obvious Italian chains.

• Visited January 2013
Belfast
“The nicest pizza I've ever eaten!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were mooching about, hungover and ill, on a Saturday night in Camden and starting to panic that we wouldn't get in anywhere for dinner. Thankfully Rossopomodoro had room for us.

I didn't have very high expectations, I just thought it would be a bog standard overpriced pizza restaurant like Pizza Express, however I was thankfully wrong!

I ordered a pizza with salami (messane?) and my partner ordered one of the specials with sausage and Neapolitan broccoli. I have to say they were the most delicious pizzas I've ever tasted. The base was as puffy as a cloud but retained a crispiness to the outside, the cheese was buttery and the toppings were of a very high quality and had bags of flavour.

Service was excellent, the guys were friendly, smiley and clearly very passionate. Oh, and try to get a seat facing the chefs as you will be well-entertained by them fighting and arguing accompanied by much Italian macho arm-waving and flapping. Very amusing!

London, United Kingdom
“Rossopomodoro Hoxton - disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Not much to say really except that I was hoping for more. The menu is said to be genuine Napolitan and I'm not an expert but the food wasn't very exciting. The Fasulo e cozze was bland and the Babà was overly sweet. There was nothing wrong with the place as such but it just didn't have much atmosphere and the food wasn't special enough to make the whole experience anything more than average. There are so many other places to eat in the area that I won't bother with this place again.

• Visited March 2013