“A great tour of Dulwich” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #304 of 472 Tours & Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London Culture Tours provide tours that incorporate local history, wildlife, architecture and folkloric tales. Our guides are friendly locals who enjoy sharing their neighbourhoods with small groups of welcome visitors. Experience the real London while enjoying something new!
London
“A great tour of Dulwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Tomos was very knowledgeable not just of the area and its history but also wildlife and literature and clearly had a passion for his subject. It was a nice leisurely walk (total about 3 hours) exploring a lovely part of London. Would definitely recommend!

Visited May 2013

3 attraction reviews
“Great way to spend a few hours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I found Tomos to be very knowledgable on both the local area culture and history. The walk is leisurely and easily managed by most. When the weather has been poor I would recommend walking shoes as some parts of the walk can get muddy.
I look forward to his next organised walk.

London, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Good but not for kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We managed to get a discount for this deal so booked straight away. It's a great way to see another part of London and learn about it's history but I'm 26, I enjoyed it but it's too long. I think the older clientel enjoyed it more, but I'm glad I did it as North Dulwich area is lovely and would love to go back for the day.

Visited September 2012
londonculturetours, Owner at London Culture Tours, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of our Tour of Dulwich. We are very sorry that you didn’t seem to enjoy the tour as much as other members in the group, and do realise that the length of our route is not suited to everyone.

Our promotional material outlines that our Dulwich walking tour is a three hour ramble in almost rural, village-like surroundings, and many of our guests come to us keen to enjoy a few hours’ worth of good exercise, spectacular architecture, natural history, stunning panoramic views and fascinating local insights. We provide a refreshment break midway through the walk and do also suggest that visitors come well prepared with suitable walking shoes.

We tend to advise that children over the age of 12 join us on our excursions due to the amount of walking involved.
London, United Kingdom
“A tour of Dulwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

A really knowledgable and friendly guide who spoke with ease about the area. I have lived locally my whole life and was pleasantly surprised to be taken to a variety of places I had never been before, many of which made me feel as if I were in the middle of the country.
I very much enjoyed the added wildlife tips.
Bring your walking shoes, its a lovely leafy tour with a few hidden gems!

Visited September 2012
“Fantastic, pleasant, fun, informative.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We are very happy we went along. Thanks to Tomos and his thorough knowledge of Dulwich, we now know our local area much better and are looking forward to revisiting some of the places he showed us. It was a great way to spend an evening, I couldn't recommend it enough!