“Right place for the sights.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rooms from £79
Ranked #58 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Right place for the sights.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Booked this hotel for partner and i to have a london mini-break, dec 1st to 3rd 2012. An easy walk from southwark tube station, fiund the purple logoed hotel easily. Have never done self check-in before but the booking was there and the door keys popped right out, with the itemised bill. Had to pay for wi fi up front. Free would have been nice, but can't have it all. Room on the 7th floor was roomy and clean. There were clean towels and a kettle with tea and coffee makings which is always appreciated. Bed was comfrtable and the room warm.
Decided not to partake of the inhouse breakfast. At nearly £9 per person, when all you want is cereal and coffee it was too expensive. Found some small coffee shops nearby from which we bought the same, for less.
Staff were freindly, but apart from 'hello' and 'goodbye' didn't need to engage with them at all.
A short walk to the river thames. Near to the tate gallery and shakespeares globe theatre and if you like a hike, tower bridge. The first night we ate at the foundery arms, a trendy gastropub right on the river bank, affording enviable views of st pauls cathederal and the river.
All in all a good break

Room Tip: Higher reduces riad noise
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alessandro M, Manager at Premier Inn London Southwark - Tate Modern, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your 5 star review. I am delighted that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. We are indeed in a great location, within walking istance to most tourist attractions including the Globe, Tate Modern and the London eye.

We hope to see again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This review may seem quite long but I want others to know how good our experience was.

Me and my sister have just got back from our first 'proper' stay in London! We last went when we were too little to remember it! So you can imagine how shocking it was to us when we arrived! However, this hotel is so easy to get to when you have no idea where you are and how to get around, It's a perfect location! The tube station is so close by and as our main reason for our trip was to see Robbie Williams at the o2! The Jubilee line got us straight there and back with no confusion or fuss! I would say that Southwark station is very central when it comes to tubes! Easy to access Madame Tussauds etc.

As for the staff - you can't fault their welcoming, friendly and genuine attitude towards everyone! We were so impressed, they were always happy to help and seemed pleased to be working there.

Resturant was very cosy! Very well priced and the food quality was brill! Seriously, we actually miss it! We booked a 'meal deal' with our stay for only £22.50 ish for a 3 course meal each! We were sceptical about the quality & choices in the meal deal before we got there, but we had nothing to worry about! Honestly, I have to say it's the best food I have had for a long time! And we aren't strangers to food/resturants!

Room was perfect - very clean and had everything you'd want for a great nights sleep! We only spent 1 night but felt like we had stayed a week because we enjoyed it so much.

So - basically, we had a lovely trip which at the heart of it was this premier inn! We were so impressed with the service and the food that we went back for dinner the 2nd night before we travelled home. The only thing we have to be disapointed in was the high price! We hadn't booked too far in advance so it was our fault. For the price we paid, to have the experience we had, I guess it was worth it, especially with the 2 meal deals included. We would definitely recommend it - please don't hestiate booking here if you're planning a similar trip etc.
At the end of a very long day, we knew we had a comfy bed/room to get back to and a breakfast that finished at 11.30am! Bonus!

I hope any future travellers share the same experience as us! :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you a had a pleasant stay with us and that you found our team to be warm and welcoming and the room to be clean and comfortable.
I am also glad that you had an enjoyable experience in our restaurant. Its good that you took our meal deal offer as it provides great value.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Weekend visit from Switzerland- reviews and price lured us in.

This is a great priced hotel compared to what is out there in London.
This also a hotel with a really pleasant staff willing to help (big plus)
The buffet is also OK- but I cant say I see where all the other reviewers were raving....we opted for Starbucks muffins and macchiattos down the street. I guess if you need lots of eggs, ham and the like, sure it's a great deal...for us...not so appealing.

Call me a snob, but this is an entry level hotel. Never tried Premier Inn- I was not disappointed but I guess I was underwhelmed. I saw why I was saving money- which is fine...just no 'wow'.

So why the 'Very Good' rating? Because the place is clean, the bed large enough and comfortable enough and so too the bathroom...."it does what it says on the tin" as the English like to say.

Room itself is small and so too the TV...but water pressure and water heat was good and they have soap dispensers by the sink and in the shower....pretty basic stuff, but the basics delivered as advertised.

No safe (irritating), no iron (thats fine) but hairdryer yes. Internet access was 30mins free which is civilised and worth noting. You want more, you pay- a low rate.

The walk from Southwark tube station is indeed short- BUT the streets are a bit ghetto at night....we never felt unsafe but you're def not in a 'nice' neighborhood.

The entire hotel is spotless and the ATM check-in machines only add to the feeling of this being entry level hotel though the super pleasant staff make it all go down more easily.

Would I stay again? Depends on my budget and desire to treat myself. To save money on the hotel cost, I sure would. It's a fair price for a clean hotel that is in a dumpy neighborhood, close to the Tube and run by customer oriented people who want to make your stay pleasant- which is worth a 'Very Good' in my book any day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here after a work function. The price was ridiculously high compared to normal, but as I booked only 3 days out, I expected as much. Really like the self check in, no fuss and easy. Staff in the lobby were friendly and helpful. Room was a great size, very uncommon for London but as the hotel is a new build designers certainly made the right choice. Really comfy bed, all the amenities needed. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Superbly located and offered reasonable value for London ( which is overpriced everywhere!). The rooms were comfortable- only quibble was fact that you couldn't open windows at all. The bar was well stocked and reasonably priced.
Ideal for what we needed with friendly staff

• Stayed November 2012
Belfast, N. Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night on business trip to London. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and comfortable. Small bar area - had dinner and breakfast in hotel and food was nice and reasonably priced. Good location - beside Tate Modern, Millennium Bridge and St Paul's Cathedral. Room was on seventh floor - very quiet.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel was a lovely surprise. Staff could not have been more helpful & courteous, from a call made before the visit to our departure.
All had a friendly smile & made you feel genuinely welcome. All facilities were excellent & clean. Breakfast great!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Premier Inn London Southwark - Tate Modern? Share your experiences!