“Perfect! Location, Staff, Resturant, Room etc” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Premier Inn London Southwark - Tate Modern to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Premier Inn London Southwark - Tate Modern
15A Great Suffolk Street | Southwark, London SE1 0FL, England (London Bridge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great deals online
Ranked #46 of 1,073 hotels in London
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Perfect! Location, Staff, Resturant, Room etc”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This review may seem quite long but I want others to know how good our experience was.

Me and my sister have just got back from our first 'proper' stay in London! We last went when we were too little to remember it! So you can imagine how shocking it was to us when we arrived! However, this hotel is so easy to get to when you have no idea where you are and how to get around, It's a perfect location! The tube station is so close by and as our main reason for our trip was to see Robbie Williams at the o2! The Jubilee line got us straight there and back with no confusion or fuss! I would say that Southwark station is very central when it comes to tubes! Easy to access Madame Tussauds etc.

As for the staff - you can't fault their welcoming, friendly and genuine attitude towards everyone! We were so impressed, they were always happy to help and seemed pleased to be working there.

Resturant was very cosy! Very well priced and the food quality was brill! Seriously, we actually miss it! We booked a 'meal deal' with our stay for only £22.50 ish for a 3 course meal each! We were sceptical about the quality & choices in the meal deal before we got there, but we had nothing to worry about! Honestly, I have to say it's the best food I have had for a long time! And we aren't strangers to food/resturants!

Room was perfect - very clean and had everything you'd want for a great nights sleep! We only spent 1 night but felt like we had stayed a week because we enjoyed it so much.

So - basically, we had a lovely trip which at the heart of it was this premier inn! We were so impressed with the service and the food that we went back for dinner the 2nd night before we travelled home. The only thing we have to be disapointed in was the high price! We hadn't booked too far in advance so it was our fault. For the price we paid, to have the experience we had, I guess it was worth it, especially with the 2 meal deals included. We would definitely recommend it - please don't hestiate booking here if you're planning a similar trip etc.
At the end of a very long day, we knew we had a comfy bed/room to get back to and a breakfast that finished at 11.30am! Bonus!

I hope any future travellers share the same experience as us! :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Alessandro M, Manager at Premier Inn London Southwark - Tate Modern, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you a had a pleasant stay with us and that you found our team to be warm and welcoming and the room to be clean and comfortable.
I am also glad that you had an enjoyable experience in our restaurant. Its good that you took our meal deal offer as it provides great value.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

740 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Weekend visit from Switzerland- reviews and price lured us in.

This is a great priced hotel compared to what is out there in London.
This also a hotel with a really pleasant staff willing to help (big plus)
The buffet is also OK- but I cant say I see where all the other reviewers were raving....we opted for Starbucks muffins and macchiattos down the street. I guess if you need lots of eggs, ham and the like, sure it's a great deal...for us...not so appealing.

Call me a snob, but this is an entry level hotel. Never tried Premier Inn- I was not disappointed but I guess I was underwhelmed. I saw why I was saving money- which is fine...just no 'wow'.

So why the 'Very Good' rating? Because the place is clean, the bed large enough and comfortable enough and so too the bathroom...."it does what it says on the tin" as the English like to say.

Room itself is small and so too the TV...but water pressure and water heat was good and they have soap dispensers by the sink and in the shower....pretty basic stuff, but the basics delivered as advertised.

No safe (irritating), no iron (thats fine) but hairdryer yes. Internet access was 30mins free which is civilised and worth noting. You want more, you pay- a low rate.

The walk from Southwark tube station is indeed short- BUT the streets are a bit ghetto at night....we never felt unsafe but you're def not in a 'nice' neighborhood.

The entire hotel is spotless and the ATM check-in machines only add to the feeling of this being entry level hotel though the super pleasant staff make it all go down more easily.

Would I stay again? Depends on my budget and desire to treat myself. To save money on the hotel cost, I sure would. It's a fair price for a clean hotel that is in a dumpy neighborhood, close to the Tube and run by customer oriented people who want to make your stay pleasant- which is worth a 'Very Good' in my book any day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here after a work function. The price was ridiculously high compared to normal, but as I booked only 3 days out, I expected as much. Really like the self check in, no fuss and easy. Staff in the lobby were friendly and helpful. Room was a great size, very uncommon for London but as the hotel is a new build designers certainly made the right choice. Really comfy bed, all the amenities needed. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Superbly located and offered reasonable value for London ( which is overpriced everywhere!). The rooms were comfortable- only quibble was fact that you couldn't open windows at all. The bar was well stocked and reasonably priced.
Ideal for what we needed with friendly staff

• Stayed November 2012
Belfast, N. Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night on business trip to London. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and comfortable. Small bar area - had dinner and breakfast in hotel and food was nice and reasonably priced. Good location - beside Tate Modern, Millennium Bridge and St Paul's Cathedral. Room was on seventh floor - very quiet.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel was a lovely surprise. Staff could not have been more helpful & courteous, from a call made before the visit to our departure.
All had a friendly smile & made you feel genuinely welcome. All facilities were excellent & clean. Breakfast great!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The immediate surroundings of the hotel are not particularly inviting, but Southwark Street, just round the corner, is a nice shopping area with banks, M and S etc. I used the electronic check-in for the first time, and if I can work it, anyone can! The reception staff are on hand anyway, and are pleasant and polite as you would expect in a PI. Hotel is immaculately clean and tidy; my room on the seventh floor was extremely quiet - no noise from inside or outside the hotel. Buffet breakfast was very tasty, but restaurant wasn't very spacious: I can imagine that queues would build up at busy times. I stayed here when seeing shows at the National Theatre and Royal Festival Hall; it was a 5 minute ride on the RV1 bus to these venues, though I walked back to the hotel. Bankside Pier is a 5 minute walk from the hotel (by Tate Modern) and gives access to the excellent riverboat services which go to Greenwich (National Maritime Museum etc) and the O2. Altogether, this is a fine addition to PI's London collection and a very convenient base for exploring the attractions of the South Bank.

Room Tip: Seventh floor was very quiet.