“Great brunch” 4 of 5 stars

+44 20 3006 0795
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Duke's Brew & Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,327 of 17,938 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Great brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Came here on a Sunday for a brunch- 8 of us- great hangover cure - recommend the chicken fried rib eye steak and eggs- super

Visited July 2014
Hannah V, General Manager at Duke's Brew & Que, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thanks so much for your positive feedback. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us.
Hope to see you again soon!!

hobart
“Fantastic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Friendly service and great quality, tasty food. The beef rib is delicious! It is quite pricey, but perfect for a special meal out. I've recommended to friends already!

Visited April 2014
Hannah V, General Manager at Duke's Brew & Que, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
It makes me really happy when our customers recognise how hard we try to achieve top quality food, drinks and hospitality. Your feedback is very much appreciated!
Thanks so much and hope to see you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
“Great service, bad food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Went here yesterday. I've been here once before, the first time the food was amazing. Ribs cooked to perfection. So I decided to take some family to try it out. But unfortunately, we must have come on a bad day. The service was top notch, our waitress was full of smiles and very attentive and we were able to get a seat despite us booking the wrong date online. But the food was such a let down. Dry overcooked fatty pork and beef ribs and an over cooked burger left us very disappointed. Especially since we live on the other side of London, it was very upsetting to have travelled so far to eat so badly. As good as it was the first time I can't see myself travelling all the way there again to risk it. Time to try somewhere new!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hannah V, General Manager at Duke's Brew & Que, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hi, thanks for your constructive feedback! Its great news that our service continues to impress but I am very disappointed that you didnt like our rib on this occasion, i'm really sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on this time.

Smoked meat is difficult to get right, after 2 years of practice we do have it nailed, but on the odd occasion that a piece does get through that isn't up to scratch, we rely on our customers to tell us that they are not happy and we will always replace the offending rib immediately. We have a solid check back policy that helps us identify any issues and resolve them quickly, we'd prefer to fix an issue whilst you are with us so you leave happy, than have you leave feeling short changed. Again, I'm sorry your experience left you feeling less than happy, it is impossible to tell if a rib is sub standard without cutting into every rib we serve. As you said you know that our ribs can be amazing, if you decide to give us another go and you are unlucky enough to get a duff rib twice in a row please just tell you waiter - we will swap it immediately.

So sorry again and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you great BBQ in the future.

“Good evening, OK food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Went along to this place as a group of 5 and got a nice table over in the corner with plenty of space and privacy. Had a very friendly waitress who we got along with very well. I ordered the burger and the pulled pork slider.

In general the food was decent. However, they make a point about the fact that their burgers by default are served 'medium rare' and ask if that's OK? For me medium rare is what I would normally go for, so I was disappointed when the burger turned up pretty well done and without much flavour left in it.

In general it was a fun evening but they need to pay a bit more attention to what they say they're serving and what they're actually serving.

Visited June 2014
Hi, thanks for your comments. I'm really disappointed that we served you an over cooked burger, to be honest it should never happen, we serve medium rare as standard but it seems that one of chefs didn't have his eye on the ball on the night you guys were in and for this I am truly sorry. Our burgers are well regarded and the reviews on this website are a testament to that.

Again, i'm really sorry that you got less than great food. I would be grateful if you could email me at hannah@dukesjoint.com with your contact number so I may suggest a way I can regain your faith in us.

London, United Kingdom
“Good food and great beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Been here twice now, and have to say it is nearly excellent.
They have a seriously excellent beer selection, one of the best I have found. The Gamma Ray IPA is brilliant, and goes really well with the food.
The food is classic ribs/bbq vibe, they do great wings and pulled pork - really must try the super hot chicken wings.
Between us we had everything, and virtually all of it was great.the beef ribs are huge and very tasty.
However for me, the 5th star is lost, as both times I have been the ribs have tasted great but been slightly too dry and chewy.
Given the competition in the area and London BBQ in general this places well,
but not quite perfect.
Overall it is very good - service is great and very friendly and efficient.
I will, of course, go back to try it again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hey guys, thanks for your great feedback. Really pleased that you enjoyed yourselves. Just a tip for your next visit, if you are not entirely happy with your ribs please tell out waiters when they check back with you and we'll be happy change it. It is essential that our customers walk away having the best experience possible - the waiters will be more than happy to deal with any problems you may have!