“Rubbish!” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Rubbish!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

It's a shame such a nice place is marred by terrible service and truly awful overpriced food.

The staff were so grumpy and not interested at all. I ordered the chicken which was so dry I left half of it on the plate.

We won't be going back :/

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Purley
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I go to this place often,as I work nearby. The food is outstanding , and the atmosphere is gentle yet interesting. The Victorian decor an policy of placing original paintings on the walls add to the pleasantness of the restaurant.
This is worth a journey to visit.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Neots, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant pub with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've only recently started going to The Dartmouth Arms, so I am not sure how it used to be. We have had two very good meals here, a little on the expensive side but both times delicious and generous portions. Both times we have sat in the front dining room but there is the bigger one at the back, and the outside area. I like the decor inside and it seems very popular for weekend lunchtime with families.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch wasn't quite up to standard.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We used to go here quite a bit and for some reason left a long hiatus before going back, so I was really looking forward to the great standard I remember.

I'm not sure if this has been taken over by someone new or has just grown a bit stale, but I was not impressed. The dining room at the back of the pub is light and airy, but does have an odd feel about it. I didn't feel that we were really far enough away from other diners and the tables are arranged a little strangely.

The really irritating thing about the place is that the windows above the smoking terrace let the second hand cigarette smoke waft in and permeate the dining room. Not the most pleasant smell to accompany lunch!

We went on a Sunday, and the only option is a roast with either pork, beef, chicken or nut roast. This was fine, we were in the mood for a roast (luckily!) and it's usually a good sign that a menu is limited. The format was the same whatever you ordered - a yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots and cabbage with gravy. It was not brilliant - in fact it was a little tired. I enjoyed the parsnip, but the pork was not a brilliant piece of meat, not a generous portion and grey. The yorkshire pudding wasn't too bad, but the roast potatoes weren't crispy and overall it was disappointing.

I decided to have a cup of coffee afterwards and asked hopefully for skimmed milk. They didn't have any (which is not so unusual), but they didn't have any semi skimmed either. They only serve whole milk, even though the waiter admitted that most customers asked for at least semi skimmed. He suggested an off licence just up the road may sell skimmed milk, so I left the table in a surreal move and went to try and buy some drinkable milk for my coffee. The off licence was closed and I declined the whole milk (and the whole coffee).

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“Awful food and service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

This was the worst eating out experience I've ever had. I went for roast chicken, my partner for mussels. They took over an hour to serve the food. The chicken was a small tasteless leg, with soggy cabbage, undercooked and soggy so called roast potatoes and soggy carrots with a soggy tasteless Yorkshire pudding. My partner's mussels were few in number, tasteless and served with a bit of toast.
Disgraceful service, appalling food, yet a lovely looking pub.
We left without eating or paying.

Visited March 2012