“2 nights at Hyde Park Radnor” 4 of 5 stars

Hyde Park Radnor Hotel
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   7-9 Sussex Place, London W2 2SX, England   |
Ranked #145 of 524 London B&B and Inns
Livingston, United Kingdom
“2 nights at Hyde Park Radnor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in December 2011 and it was excellent value for money and perfectly located for all the sights and local shopping as we walked to Oxford Street, Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, Downing Street and the Lyceum Theatre very easily
The best part was the location - just two minutes walk from Paddington Station which we arrived at after using the high speed rail link from Heathrow - truly "door to door"
Our room was very comfortable and clean and being on the top floor was exceptionally quiet - except for a squeaky floorboard or two
The management were only too helpful when we required any assistance with directions or keeping our bags a full day until our flight in the evening of the third day
Breakfast was also good and kept the "munchies" at bay until lunch time
All in all I can easily recommend this hotel and would stay again when we come to London

Room Tip: Pick the top floor for almost complete silence at night
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights on our way to south-west England and were very pleased with the quality and location of this hotel. It is less than a 5 min walk from Paddington station which is easily accessible from Heathrow and excellent for getting trains to other parts of the UK. It is also a 5 min walk to Hyde Park and not far from Oxford st/Harrods etc.

The room was clean and comfortable but a bit on the smaller side. We had 4 suitcases and managed ok. Breakfast was ok, nothing special but enough to keep you going until lunch. Free wifi was good but a bit temperamental when using skype.

It would be good to have a safe in the room, although the wardrobe door can be locked and the building is fairly secure anyway. Don't miss dinner/beers at the Victoria Hotel just down the street, recommended to us by the owner. We would stay here next time we come to London, the location is too good to pass up!

Room Tip: Room with a window facing Sussex place
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Exeter, Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I stayed one night here in October 2011, £70 B&B. The room was a good size and comfortably kitted out. If you want wifi just ask at reception for the code. Nice cooked breakfast and excellent location very near to Paddington station. If you're after a luxurious night away this is not for you, but if you want somewhere clean, pleasant and well located on a tight budget it's perfect. It also has family rooms - if I were to bring the kids to London I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Bolton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I stayed at the hyde park radnor hotel from 16th to 19th dec 2011. I was quite happy with the hotel until I found a mouse in my room on the last night. I was horrified. The man at reception was polite and gave us the room next door to sleep in but I didn't get much sleep as a result. In the morning I was offered £15 off the £255 bill. When I said this was unaccepatable as I had been petrified, the man on reception's response was "was it a lion or a mouse?" and "well this is London". I was too exhausted to argue as much as I would have done normally. I eventually got £50 off the bill, but frankly nothing other than not paying at all could have compensated me for the trauma. It's simply just not what you expect!!! An excuse was the refurbishment of next door having disturbed them - where is their vermin control! I think the Council's envornmental services should be contact, which I will be doing.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

My 17 year old daughter and I came up from Devon and stayed here for 3 nights. We were very impressed with the quality of this hotel. It is barely a 5 minute walk from Paddington Station, so very convenient for the tubes and busses.
The hotel was very clean. The rooms were extremely comfortable and the english breakfast was delicious. We had a room at the front of the hotel and didn't find it at all noisy. The staff were most friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful few days and will definitely be back. We would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Campbell River, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

We stayed here 4 days at the start of November. Excellent location. Easy walk to Paddington Station to get the tube for trips all over London. Close to Hyde Park and Diana's Memorial. Nice to have person on desk all night for information at any time.The Breakfast was very good. We walked to many sights, even down to Piccadilly Circus .

Room Tip: Try to get a room around back as there is a bit of traffic noise in the front
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
leuven
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

nice and clean rooms . Excellent location.
It is a pitty that service at reception and breakfast is poor and once it is 9 am your dish is taken away. So be there at the latest at 8 am

Jan Leuven

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hyde Park Radnor Hotel? Share your experiences!