“Very good food but small portions” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sydney Street Grill - CLOSED

Sydney Street Grill
4 Sydney Street | SW3, London SW3 6PP , England (Formerly Sette) (Chelsea)
020 7352 3435
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
London, United Kingdom
“Very good food but small portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I tried this restaurant with my girlfriend, knowing that the price were quite high so that aspect was not in doubt.
I have to say that the quality of the food is excellent and the staff very warm and welcoming.
The only down side of the dinner for me was the portion. Tha starter was ok (as it's a starter and I'm not expecting to be full at the end of it) but Pasta came in a big plate, in a tiny amount:
after 5 forks, my meal was over.
The final price was in line with the quality of the food and the location, but as I said to the waiter "Guys you need to do something for the portions, because I'm still staving".

Maybe ask the size of your dish before your ordering!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great food, good value, lovely evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We dined here last night and I have to say the food was faultless, and incredibly tasty. Their wine is very reasonably priced and the house red delicious. We'll definitely go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
MJS27, Public Relations Manager at Sydney Street Grill, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
At Sette we pride ourselves on our fine cuisine and wines at reasonable prices. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your experience and appreciate the value that we offer in comparison to other restaurants in Chelsea. We will be delighted to welcome you back to Sette at the earliest opportunity. Thank you.
Ithaca, Greece
“Intriguing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The people of Sette are trying extra hard to create a new approach on classic Italian cuisine. Not always successful as in the case of my bland octopus starter, but sometimes superb as was my Gnocchi with beef ragu. The Gnocchi were made of purple potatoe which added color to an otherwise messy looking plate which was very tasty too. Prices in these parts of London are rather high so be prepared to pay in this place around 50 pounds per person with the cheapest of wines. Service was fast, polite and discreet.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the feedback of our customers and are delighted that you are impressed by Leonardo's menu. We very much hope to welcome you back to Sette in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
“Not acceptable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife booked Sette as a birthday treat and having dined there before we had enjoyable evening. This time it was the opposite. We booked on line for Sunday lunch and received a confirmation of the booking, and also received a confirmation the day before the booking. Imagine are reaction when we arrived to find the restaurant closed. What started a a great day was now ruined as trying to find an alternative in Chelsea for Sunday lunch impossible. I found out the following day that they are no longer open on a Sunday. I did receive a phone call from the manager the following day who didn't understand why the booking was taken and confirmed as it was set up not to. Well it did and it also confirmed the booking. THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. The best the manager Roberto could offer was I am sorry and if you wish to re book I can offer a discount. If you honestly think that good enough after ruining a special day then in my opinion you don't know or don't care about your customer service. Furthermore whom ever is responsible for advertising on websites can't be bothered to update them as you are still listed on some including the one I used as being open on Sunday. WHAT A SHAME

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
We are naturally sorry that this occurred and can only apologise. Our online automated booking system is programmed not to accept bookings on the days that we are closed and, as you state, we have offered you a discount on a future occasion. We again reiterate this offer and should you wish to take us up on it, please do call Roberto at the restaurant.
No one City
“Nothing a problem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Staff accommodating and nothing a problem, food value for money, location great. The sea bass amazing and the hazelnut parfait definitely a must. There is a bar downstairs for late drinking. Bathroom is a long walk, although it provides a peek into the kitchen. Definitely will return. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reviews like this truly inspire us. Thank you. Our team works hard and praise like this is much appreciated. We will be delighted to welcome you back in the near future.