“Authentic, tasty, cheap and friendly!” 5 of 5 stars

0207 267 9797
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rossella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 17,048 restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Located in the heart of Kentish Town, Rossella's ethos "Il piacere di mangiare, la cucina italiana semplice e buona”, {the pleasure of eating simple and healthy Italian cooking} is what drives our chefs to bring you a wide array of dishes from The North and Po Valley to Sicily and Sardinia.Our restaurant space is steered towards a vibrant but relaxed environment – a perfect dining destination for both intimate meals and larger parties, with friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Dublin, Ireland
“Authentic, tasty, cheap and friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm addicted to this restaurant! I went in for afternoon pizza as I was walking by, and have been back for the pasta, the veal, the salmon, and just to try all the starters simultaneously. It is really reasonable for the high quality you get. Price range is great from 2.50 up to 13.50 (starters to Specials), with generous portions.

Staff are all very friendly, welcoming and happy to help pick wine or food. There is wine from the owner's family, as well as the family Limoncello. The restaurant is always busy (a great sign!) and the wine is affordable and very tasty. The gelato is verrry tasty, and they are always changing the flavours (so maybe it is made inhouse?)

Brilliant place to go for a big gathering or an intimate date.

• Visited August 2013

91% Recommend
“Tremendous trattoria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Everything they said is true: this is THE traditional, tremendous trattoria one is always looking for. The food was superb - really first class cooking, and the service would have done credit to the finest restaurant's in London - in fact better because it was really friendly and completely unstuffy. It all looks so unpretentious - just a great family-run trattoria of the best sort - with wonderful family wine!

Visited August 2013
London, UK
“Great food, great service, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The menu is not just pizza and pasta, which makes for a nice change! We had a range of starters, including a plate of antipasto - cold meats, mozzarella, roasted peppers, olives - gorgeous. All the dishes were generous, aside from one - the funghi ripieni - but all were tasty and well presented. The ice-cream wins the day though - proper Italian gelato. So rich in flavour and creamy... we had hazelnut, pistachio and vanilla with chocolate chips (I can't remember the Italian name). Beats shop-bought ice-cream every time.

The service was great, very nice Italian staff, very friendly, cheerful and relaxed. It all makes for a lovely atmosphere and there was no rushing us at all - really nice.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous, cheap eats :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This little hidden gem has lovely staff, is very reasonably priced and has very good food.

We've visited twice so far (in a week!) and had the specials both times. They are the most expensive thing to order at a very reasonable £13.50 and have been really good, fit for foodies. Pasta and pizza start at around £5 and have kept my children very happy (and as a parent I'm happy for them to eat it).

The bruschetta made with home-made bread is AMAZING, the best I've ever had and is a bargain for around £2.80.

To the very few reviewers who have complained about quality, I would say that the cheapest pasta dish probably isn't made with organic tomatoes and pasta hand-made by blind virgins or anything, but the specials (starters and mains) we've had both times were made with very high quality ingredients. As the daughter of a chef I have to admit I can be quite fussy, but this restaurant offers excellent quality and value. Using a discounted offer from Top Table on our second visit, I actually felt guilty for paying so little!

I would be selfish and keep this find to myself, but the owner Luca is so nice and friendly, really he deserves all the success he can get. We shall be visiting very regularly from now on.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Authentic Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This restaurant is one of the nicest restaurants i have ever been too! The restaurant is lovely and warm, you instantly feel like you've walked into a restaurant in Italy. The staff are very friendly and deliver excellent service. I've been to this restaurant three times with my dad and brother, My mum and her boyfriend and with my boyfriends parents. Every time we have all left with a full belly and a huge smile on are face. All the people I have taken have all been to Italy and they ALL said the food tastes exactly like the food in Italy. I recommend the spinach and ricotta main and definitely make a visit to the ice cream counter. The ice cream is to die for! 10 STARS ********** !!!

• Visited June 2013