“Fabulous family favourite” 5 of 5 stars

0207 267 9797
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rossella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #213 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Kentish Town, Rossella's ethos "Il piacere di mangiare, la cucina italiana semplice e buona”, {the pleasure of eating simple and healthy Italian cooking} is what drives our chefs to bring you a wide array of dishes from The North and Po Valley to Sicily and Sardinia.Our restaurant space is steered towards a vibrant but relaxed environment – a perfect dining destination for both intimate meals and larger parties, with friendly and knowledgeable staff.
london
“Fabulous family favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Rosella is our favourite Italian restaurant in North London. If you are looking for good, tasty food, great service, bargain prices and a nice bottle of house red, look no further. Luca (the charming, friendly owner) is totally dedicated to his restaurant and is working extremely hard to make it the best for miles around (and succeeding). We used to just turn up but now I would recommended you book, especially at the weekend. Our kids love the Mickey Mouse shaped pizzas, curly straws and ice-cream with wafers and chocolate sauce.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

london
“Unpretentious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

If you are a snob, avoid. If you want waiters who speak like Jeeves, avoid. If you want to be surrounded by coke snorting, sushi sucking fashioniatas, go to Knightsbridge.

Here, you will find a loud, fun, friendly and ever so slightly chaotic family run Italian with pizza and pasta to sell your mamma for. They have a range of interesting starters too and lovely wine. Great prices and a young manager whose italian resteraunteur dad trained him, he's only 21!!!

Amazing. But only if you're not a [--].

San Diego, California
“Very disappointed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We found this place on Trip Advisor and since it was so highly rated we thought we would give it a try. We made reservations and went on a busy Friday night. It is a very small space with tables very close together. It was very loud. We were promptly greeted and seated. All of the staff really try hard to please. We ordered salads and main courses. We waited for a considerable amount of time and then everything showed up at once. I am so sorry to say but it was mediocre at best. How can this be the #7 restaurant in London? It can't be and it isn't. As one reviewer said, "food like mama makes", well I'm glad I didn't have that mama. We were so disappointed with the food. There seemed to be little thought put into the dishes and little flavor. Sure, the prices were reasonable but we barely ate what they put in front of us. The salad was underdressed, underseasoned and bland as were the main courses. I ate so little that the host questioned me several times as to whether I liked it or not. We were seated so close to the table next to us that we could practically rub elbows. We ended up talking to the people next to us. They live in the area and wondered why we sought out this place since we were just visitors. When I told him that we came because it was very highly rated on Trip Advisor he was shocked and had a hard time believing me. He told us that it's a cheap loud place with not so great food. He said the only reason they go there is because they live down the street. He said that we must be disappointed and he was right. He knew the manager and thought I should tell him but we just left. He gave us some excellent recommendations for good food in London. The staff had good intentions and meant to please but the food was just not good. I would not recommend this place unless you live next door and have no other options.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
londra
“Avoid this restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and myself went there as we were keen to try an Italian restaurant not too far from where we live. We checked their website on line and we were amazed by the cheap prices and good review. I am Italian so I was so curios to try this place. When we arrived there the restaurant was almost full but the waitress managed to find a table for us. We ordered two starters (Stuffed pepper and fried calamari) one pizza and one cannelloni. The food was horrible!!! The meat used to stuffed the pepper and the cannelloni was of such a low quality that I was wondering how a restaurant can serve it. The toppings on my pizza were not fresh and they tasted strange as well. The portiones were very generous and the prices cheap but, in this case, you really pay for what you get.
Avoid it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kent
“Italian food like mama makes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Superb - i found this restaurant on trip advisor as I was looking for some not too expensive but with good quality food, we had some friends from Derby meeting us in London so wanted something central, i was a little further out than i wanted but so glad we made the trip, the food was excellent all the pizzas were made front of house, the waitress explained all the specials in detail and really knew what she was talking about, they were very attentive without being in your face too much, and the owner Luca really really nice chap who cared about his customers having a good experience, will go back here in a heart beat as found this restaurant to be excellent, dont expect anything fancy though this is traditional Italian at it's best.

• Visited March 2013