“Thoroughly disappointed!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,899 of 16,890 restaurants in London
Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Reservations, Dessert
Description: Chocolate Shop & Cafe Choccywoccydoodah are a dedicated team of artists, designers and chocolatiers who specialise in creating decadent, bespoke wedding cakes, chocolate birthday cakes and unique chocolate gifts.
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Thoroughly disappointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Having watched the TV series I was keen to try some of the famous choccywoccydoodah cake that seems to attract so much hype! I visited the shop with my friend and was very underwhelmed by the dusty display cakes. We made our way upstairs to the cafe and were met by a very bubbly and friendly young female waitress who saw us to a small table with good humour. We were presented with the full menu and after we had made our selections we were advised that most of the cake had run out! I wish we had been told there was a limited choice when we sat down.

Anyway, I had Lemon cake and my friend had Chocolate cake. At £4.99 a slice I was expecting a spectacle and instead I was presented with the driest, flavourless vile cake I have ever eaten.

The sugar pot on the table was covered in dust and my friends tea cup came out with tea stains on the handle.

We couldn't eat all of our cake because it was so horrible. When we went to pay we didn't have the opportunity to complain because there was a situation with a young male waiter making a huge ordeal over a couple who wanted to split their bill. His 'customer service' if you can call it that was appalling and he made us both want to run! It says something when the other staff were rolling their eyes behind his back......!

After my experience I would never consider buying a big cake and there is no way I would return. So disappointed!

Visited May 2013

72% Recommend
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
“Birthdaydoodahh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had my birthday party at choccywoccydoodah London.
We hired the secret garden. It was very cold in the room on arrival. The room stayed cold throughout the stay.
We had sweets on the table and could order drinks, cakes and ice cream.
I enjoyed myself, but my family did not enjoy the limited choice.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff, tasty eats, service was a bit slow to start”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I wrote this with my fair lady looking over my shoulder and telling me off when I thought to speak at all ill. Caveat.

So her highness and I were in town for her birthday and her having gotten more than a bit excited at the prospect of coming here, having seen the TV show - off we went. We came here twice - once to go to the shop downstairs, when the staff were lovely and helpful and more than happy to spend time with us - we bought a few chocolatey bits. Th second visit was to go to the cafe upstairs.

On our visit to the cafe again the staff were very nice indeed. It's clear that they're outgoing people who enjoy what they do and for that, they're nice to deal with and nice to be around. We should all be so lucky to like where we work! We were seated quickly, but the lad who was serving us, bless his socks, was a bit slow in bringing out the menu and then bringing over our order. When the goods did arrive, we thoroughly enjoyed them. I had the brownie and a white chocolate truffle milkshake, her royal highness had a coffee milkshake and a chocolate cake. I tried everything but the coffee milkshake and I would have more of it any day (her highness tells me the coffee milkshake did the trick). I warn you all - it is a bit of a sugar rush, we left feeling a bit sugar drunk (I was made to say that). This might be why we had a bit of an energy boost this afternoon after walking miles and got a bit of a second wind!

Would I recommend it? Yes, for the experience you should enjoy it. The cakes are nice and the shakes go down well. The staff are chatty and enthusiastic, they make the experience.

Just be sure to renew your gym membership when you're done!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
hull uk
“The best cake in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went with a friend to choccywoccydoodah only waited for 10 mins for a seat , had the coconut cake with ice cream FANTASTIC and a very nice coffee, we could not manage all the cake so to my delight Daveed came over and chatted for a few moments and put the cake in boxes so we could enjoy at home, £8.50 each which for London we thought was fantastic .
My 5 year old daughter is now so obsessed with the series she wants a choccywoccydoodah cake for her 6th birthday so we will have to see .

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Chocolate Indulgence with Friends”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Visited on Sunday 28th April with friends. We were looking forward to our Choccywoccydoodah experience but sadly it was disappointing, my friends shared a hot chocolate that wasn't that hot. The plate of chocolate indulgence looked fantastic when it arrived covered in white/milk chocolate sauce, with ice cream but the cake was VERY dry - we tried the chocolate cake and the rum and raisin cake but didn't finish either.
There are other reviews commenting on the dry cake so it's a shame the Choccywoccydoodah Cake Baking Team haven't done anything about this.
Wouldn't rush back.