“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Hyde Park

Save Saved
You added Park Grand London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Park Grand London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   78-82 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QA, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #365 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Apatity, Russia
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel is very cute. the rooms are small and it is not very convenient. Breakfast is quite meager. The area is quiet.Nearby there are many cafes. Tesco store is located near.The room we had a double. strong muzzle of the windows.from the window the wind blows.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Upon arrival in the late evening, my colleague and I were served by Sakar, the Front Desk Manager who checked us in quickly and efficiently. He and Jamal then helped move our luggage up to our room. The two single bed room we got was very nice, spacious, and clean and comes with Wi-Fi, tea/coffee making facilities, safe and TV. The restaurant at the hotel basement serves a simple and hearty breakfast. The hotel is an easy 10-15 minutes walk to Paddington train station and tube. We could also purchase a myriad of tour tickets from the hotel reception. Would suggest the hotel to prepare some umbrellas for guests to use in case of rain. All in all, this is an awesome place to stay. I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in London.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Albury Surrey, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We booked and paid for a deluxe double and was given the smallest, darkest room i have ever come across but reception did phone within 5 min. to see if we were happy with our room. My huband's reply was my garage is bigger than this room and we were immediately moved to a bigger room which was twice the size of the 1st room. Our breakfast was included it was good with cold or hot and the normal cereal, juices, yoghurt, fresh fruit, tea or coffee. The hotel is close to station and walking distance of quite a few very good restaurants and no traffic noise which is a bonus.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Belleville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Park Grand for two nights on my recent trip to London. The hotel gets a thumbs up for early check in. I pre-paid everything from Canada (via Expedia) so there were no charges over there.. The rooms were extremely small (which is typical for Europe), and the beds were also tiny.. I'm about 6ft 2, and my ankles were def hanging off the bed.. The hotel's in a very quiet area, and close to Paddington Station. The free wifi was very slow (to the point where it stopped working).. Would I stay there again? Yeah I would.. I got a really good bang for my buck, found this property quite affordable, comparing to other London hotels.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Having booked this hotel for an emergency stay as our flat nearby was not ready after refurbishment, my wife and I arrived feeling very low.
Sakar, the front desk manager picked up on this, he was fantastic, helped raise our moods, showed us a couple of rooms, and arranged to get us the best room.
As a nice gesture, he also arranged for a fruit basked to be delivered to the room.
Single handed, Sakar turned a what a very negative situation into one where our faith in humanity was being questioned and restored it by Sakar going over and above the call of duty.
He is a star!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Jitandra R,

On behalf of Sakar, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted that Sakar was able to make your stay more comfortable by going above and beyond to assist you in any way possible. We are very proud of our team here at the Park Grand London Hyde Park and we ensure that our guests receive the very best of service with attention to detail.
We are thrilled that you have been left with a positive impression of the Park Grand London Hyde Park and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

May Phan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Like other reviews, I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, however the hotel does need some TLC, and additional facilities to merit a higher rating. Breakfast being the only meal I had at the hotel, and served in the "restaurant" was ok, standard fare.

Room was fine, if a bit cosy, and did have a draughty, single pane window at the front of the hotel, which did allow noise from the street to come in. AC in the room was good at keeping the room cool.

Location was good for access to Hyde Park, and if you are not afraid of a walk, myself and my companion managed to take in Buckingham Palace, Albert Memorial, Big Ben, Whitehall and other London landmarks all in an afternoon.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the hotel, as these will be quieter
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed for one night at the Park Grand on the 22nd Oct 2014. On arrival my first impressions were that the place needed a serious makeover and clean. The dirty fish tank in reception was a stong indication of this and gave a poor initial impression of the hotel. The staff were friendly and I could not fault them for their welcome and they even gave me a free upgrade to a larger room so my hopes were raised. The room however was more reflective of the exterior of the hotel and reception area. The qaulity of the finishing in the room and bathroom was appaling. A professional tradesman would have been ashamed of the quality of work. The bathroom had ill fitting tiles, door, and was cramped. The room had been poorly decorated. I would have been ashamed if I had done such a poor decorating job and I am an IT consultant, not a decorator. The window did not close properley so there was a lot of noise from the busy road outside.
This hotel cannot be classed as a 4 star and needs serious, and professional, refit.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear awslufc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences on TripAdvisor.

We are disappointed to hear that despite the complimentary upgrade you were provided with during your stay you still did not enjoy the room.
Your comments regarding our interiors will be shared in our next departmental meeting so the issues can be addressed respectively.
We hope that your experience at the Park Grand London Hyde Park has not blemished your impression of our hotel and services. Should your travels next take you to London, please do not hesitate to contact us, and we would be more than happy to oversee your stay from beginning to end to ensure your faith will be restored.

Kind Regards,

May Phan

Been to Park Grand London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!