“Fantastic stay, wonderful staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Hyde Park

You added Park Grand London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Park Grand London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   78-82 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QA, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #373 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Halesowen, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay, wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Travelled here with family and stayed for 2 nights. The rooms are small but perfectly equipped with toiletries, hair dryer, tea and coffee and heating/air conditioning. The staff could not do enough to ensure our stay was perfect.
The location of the hotel is also good- Paddington station is a 5 minute walk alongside restaurants, fast food restaurants and convenience stores.
Really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear lauriemarie1990,

On behalf of all the staff here at the Park Grand London Hyde Park, we thank you for sharing your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

Should your travels next take you to London, we hope we will remain your first choice of destination. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park in the near future.

May Phan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Sakar at the reception was the best I got! Could help me out with anything I asked. Incredible, upon my arrival he could even print out my invoices I lost since my last stay in this wonderful hotel.
Super, Sakar, "thataboy!"
Without me asking he gave me a wonderful room I enjoyed at first when I came in.
All is fine, Am staying for a couple of days and truly ... I'm excited> Just that good warm welcome makes it all.
Good work Sakar. Keep up this kind of spirit
Note: I'm on business trip!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear nicolas d,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Grand London Hyde Park and on behalf of Sakar, thank you very much for having shared your excellent feedback on TripAdvisor.

Balloch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here for two nights in April with my mum.

Overall, the stay was good, the hotel is in a great location, 5 minute walk from Paddington Station, so very easy to get about London. Round about the station there is a good selection of restaurants and bars.

The room was clean although small, but for what we were looking for (somewhere to sleep) it done us fine. There was a bit of outside noise from the traffic but as it is on a main road that is to be expected and didn't bother us although we did need to close the window at night.

I had read on here before my stay that people were having problems with the WIFI in the hotel, that it didn't work or had a poor signal. I used the WIFI while I was there and experienced no problems with it.

The only issue I had was that I booked directly through the hotels website as it was stated that if you done that you got the breakfast free of charge. This was not the case as when I arrived they stated that I hadn't booked breakfast. I advised that it was on there website that it was complimentary. It turns out as I had booked one of their sale items it was not actually included but definitely feel that is should have been more clearer on their website. This was disappointing as I could have booked other hotels cheaper, and also I could have booked this hotel through Late Rooms cheaper at the time of booking had I known this, but didn't because of this. We paid the extra £40 for breakfast for the two days but this was a lot of money to be paying out when you were visiting London on an already tight budget!! It definitely needs to be clearer on their website!

The staff in general were polite and helpful (especially the breakfast staff who were very cheery for the time of morning!!) and the hotel can also keep your cases after checkout which was very handy as our flight home was not until 9pm so you don't need to wheel your suitcase about London all day!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Shona L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to The Park Grand London, Hyde Park.

We are happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and found our staff friendly and helpful. It is incredibly rewarding for our team members to be recognized for their efforts and reviews like these make it all worth it. Rest assured that your comments will be shared among the team accordingly.

I am sorry to hear that there was some confusion caused regarding whether breakfast was included in your reservation. However I will share your concerns with our reservations department to ensure that such information is displayed clearly in future for all our customers.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies, should you require any help at all with the making of any reservations, please feel free to contact us directly. We hope to welcome you back at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park in the near future.

Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We booked a Superior Triple room that was supposed to have a Double bed and a single bed or 3 single beds in early November 2013 for our stay in mid April 2014.

I got an e-mail just two days before our arrival that they had problem with my credit card and that I had to provide them with my information again to keep my reservation. I have had no problem with my cc-card anywhere else. They wanted me to provide my information via a regular e-mail. First of all, that’s not a secure way to handle your cc-information! So I called them and everything was ok. I also told them that we would check in late, after 19:00, so that they would give our room away. It was not a problem I was promised.

Upon arrival everything was ok, even if the receptionist was a bit rude and did not inform us where we could have our included breakfast or when it was served. We hade to ask…

When we got up to our assigned room (#603) it was a Double room! We got back down and pointed out that it must have been a mistake. The quick reply was just that we had booked a double room and that was what we had got. I pointed out that we had booked a triple room. The receptionist started arguing that we had booked a double room. I had to show her my confirmation that said clearly a triple room.

Then we got a lot of different explanations, from something with maintenance to that they had a water leak in the triple room that we should have gotten. It was no manager on duty and they could not give us the room that we had booked and already paid for (as they charge you in full as soon as you check in!!!).

The sofa bed wasn’t mad up and we had no towels for the third person in our party. They sent someone of up to make the sofa bed. The first girl didn’t want to finish the conversation and sent the other guy working that night to work things out. New explanations and the room we got was in fact a triple room he said. I argued back that it was not the description on their own webpage etc.

Not a happy start on our vacation and we gave up and got up for a nights sleep. In the next morning we talked to the manager and was promised to change room to a room with two beeds (#130). We got out for the day and the room was made up when we got back at night. It was ok, but one of the floor tiles in the bathroom was cracked and should be replaced. The small double bed is very firm and you can smell when they start preparing for breakfast, as you are just right above the breakfast area. Are you sensitive to odors this might not be the room for you.

The breakfast is in the basement and it’s ok, but nothing more. But they could change the table cloths a bit more. Somebody spilled juice or something like that and therefore the table cloth was wet when we sat down. The next morning, the same table cloth was still there, but with a lots of dried stains on it, including the spilled juice for yesterday. It was also silverware that had a lot of stains on them and some dried food that had not been washed away by the dishwasher..

Upon check out we asked for what compensation we would be given as we had problems with our room the first night. It was nothing singed in on our file and the receptions could not give us anything, as he had not checked us in and there was no manager there at the moment when we checked out. I had asked for compensation the night we checked in and also the next day when we changed our room.

I’d say that this is not a 4-star hotel! If it is important to you that all in your party gets a proper bed and not a sofa bed I’d recommend you to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: #603 has bad WiFi reception and #130 you can smell the odor as soon as the start preparing for break...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Maja78,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park and sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit.

We are really sorry to hear that your stay was marred by your experiences upon check in and wish that I had the time prior to your departure to discuss this with you in detail.

We would sincerely wish to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and demonstrate that we are hotels who are constantly endeavouring to exceed our customers expectations.

We would greatly appreciate if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or you can call me on +44 (0) 20 7262 4521 as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

We would like to once again apologise for the Inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed here for 3 days and nights with my mother, teenager daughter and her friend. We stayed in a duplex 'suite' which cost a small fortune! The downstairs part of the 'suite' had a pull-out bed which I think is hideous considering what I paid for the room while the upstairs part had a proper double bed. We only had one extremely small wardrobe between the four of us to store our clothing. The bathroom is the smallest hotel bathroom that I ever seen in my life, You literally couldn't swing a cat in the room! In saying that, the room was immaculately clean and serviced daily. What frustrated me the most about my stay was what I would call an error in payment. When I arrived I paid the full amount there and then - €980! However, the hotel also froze the same amount of money from my back account, which, almost a week later, I still have not received back. As a result, it put my balance into a negative amount and also prevented some of my direct debits from happening which, aside from the embarrassment of this, I will have to incur some penalties. I am absolutely fuming about this as I have no access to MY money thanks to the hotel. When I told the staff about this they tried to blame my bank but my bank assured me that this was an error on the hotel's part. Also, on checking out, they tried to charge us for some drinks we had at the bar which we had already paid for in cash!!!! Yet another embarrassing moment. I definitely would not stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Banacht,

Thank you for your submitting your detailed review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Park Grand London, Hyde Park.

We would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you regarding your reservation.
The hotel authorize's the credit card in order to guarantee the reservation, this amount is usually the first nights rate. We normally inform our guests of this and to provide the same card so that the amount can be released.

Please allow me to once again apologies for the inconvenience caused and request if you could kindly provide me with your reservation details so that I am able to look into this issue further or if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or can call me on +44 (0) 20 7262 4521 as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We had stayed there for 5 days. The staff was helpful. There was initially only a basement room available and they gave us a bigger room as soon as it was available the next day. The place is abt a 5 minute walk from the paddington tube station. Wifi was available. And the breakfast , while not complimentary, was delicious and I definitely recommend it. The heathrow express train also ends in paddington station which is nearby. All in all it's a pretty good place to stay whether the occasion be business or pleasure.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Niranjana B,

On behalf of the team here at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park, thank you very much for having shared your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay and that the Park Grand London, Hyde Park, with its facilities and services were up to your satisfaction.Our breakfast buffet is a selection of high quality food as we want to ensure no one leaves hungry.

The hotel is ideally located within walking distance of Paddington Station, Lancaster Gate and even Hyde Park! It also has great tube connections to all of Central London and we are happy that you chose to stay here with us.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business for one night. Upon arrival I went to the desk to check in and was asked for my passport, I explained I was British and didn't have it with me. I was told that it was the law to be carrying a passport, naturally I disagreed and argued otherwise.... After 5 minutes I suggested that he should ask the police or the manager which he did - no apology was received but he did he say I wouldn't need it!
That aside, the hotel was in a good location, the bed and room were of a good standard and the shower room was clean.
I hope this was helpful.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Jomiko100,

First of all, may I thank you for staying with us here at the Park Grand London, Hyde Park. Furthermore, may I express my appreciation to the feedback that you have given to us regarding your stay.

I would like to express my deepest apologies for the bad experience you had and would like you to know that we take issues such as this, very seriously and wish that I had the opportunity prior to your departure to discuss this with you in detail.

At the Park Grand London, Hyde Park we deeply value your business and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.

Please allow me to once again apologize for the inconvenience caused and request if you could kindly provide me with your reservation details so that I am able to look into this issue further or if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or can call me on +44 (0) 20 7262 4521 as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Guest Relations

Been to Park Grand London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!