“Comfortable room, quiet location (back of hotel), helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Hyde Park

You added Park Grand London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Park Grand London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   78-82 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QA, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STAY 3 NIGHTS GET 12% OFF
Ranked #336 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Comfortable room, quiet location (back of hotel), helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel. I stayed for one night. Check in staff were helpful, despite one being a trainee. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The room and en suite were spotless. The only (minor) problem was that the water temperature in the shower fluctuated, but, on enquiry at reception, this may have been caused by a boiler issue.
Biscuits, fruit and bottled water supplied in the room in addition to tea and coffee.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if rooms at the front are noisier, but mine at the back was certainly quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Gurdeep S, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments following your recent visit to the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

We are very proud of our staff and it is always motivating to receive such positive feedback as yours. We constantly endeavor to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am pleased that they were friendly and professional during your visit.

I will pass your kind words on to the reception and concierge team and ensure that their service is suitably rewarded.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel..

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This was an OK hotel centrally located and a short walk to Paddington station. The rooms were comfortable and very clean. The staff did their absolute best to make you feel welcome. The rooms were a generous side, the bedding comfortable and the heating first class with individual controls in the room. A bonus was the heated bathroom floors which were very cosy in the morning. The only problem was the WiFi which was so slow it was unusable. They had people look at it a number of times, but you couldn't even complete an on-line check in with your airline. Certainly, a greta place to stay if you are looking at exploring London as there are several liens that converge on Paddington station. If you need internet, forget it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Gurdeep S, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear guest,

We do apologies for WI-FI issue in your room.

We will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Just back from a 3 night stay at the Park Grand, and have to say I was quite disappointed with the 4 star rating. We booked what was classed as a Deluxe Double, and I think that my idea of Deluxe differs quite a lot from what the owners class as Deluxe. The room was quite small and didn't really have a lot of room and storage space. I wouldn't want to think I was staying there any longer than 3 nights. The bathroom was very small with only a shower (which was quite nice, although leaked). Breakfast was where I have the biggest gripe in that on 2 out of the 3 mornings we turned up for breakfast only to be told that there were no tables available ( a good job we weren't in a rush). For a 4 Star hotel I would have expected them to have enough tables to cope with a full hotel. Overall the location is quite good, but not a 4 Star or Deluxe rooms IMO. Not really worth the money.

Room Tip: If the hotel is busy and you are in a rush in a morning, allow yourself extra time for breakfast.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Gurdeep S, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or you can call me on 02072624521 as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I spent 4 nights with my family at the hotel which is very conveniently located to reach the center of London by bus or tube. The room and bathroom were clean and the breakfast was excellent. The only inconvenience we faced was receiving one double bed and a sofa bed, rather than 2 double beds as indicated on the website and confirmed by the hotel last July. The sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable to accommodate 2 adults and in a bad state. It was reported to the reception desk, however, we were informed that it was the only room available! I highly recommend to replace the sofa bed in room 120.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments in TripAdvisor.

We appreciate you for sparing time to write the review.

Your kind words of appreciation go a long way in encouraging us to continue to offer our guests with highest care and personal attention.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the help and service extended to you at our hotel during your visit to London. We thank you for your patronage.

We do apologies that you were not satisfied with sofa bed in room 120.Your comments has been passed to housekeeping department and we will do the necessary from our end.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Park Grand London Hyde Park when you visit London next time.

We are confident that you would prefer to stay at our place.

Gurdeep Singh
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

The hotel was very well located for Paddington Station. Friendly staff and a clean and well kept hotel. My room was a Deluxe Single room, and was of hve I would call very little. Wondering how a normal single room would have eventually. Would probably have come back, but had also checked whether there were other hotels in the area that maybe had a little more room. The room was well equipped with new bathrooms. A little dull that you can not provide Internet line with better capacity than 0.5 MB download 0.01 Upload speed when you expect to sit to work in the afternoon evening.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I booked in to the hotel on a Lastminute Secret Hotel deal. I felt that this may have affected the welcome. Check in was hurried and lacked any warmth.

The location is good as the hotel is a brief walk from Paddington. Not sure how this can be called Park Grand Hyde Park when it is nowhere near really. I am guessing that this is because there is already a Park Grand Paddington and it would have been too confusing to have two.

The room I was given had two double beds for little old me. What it meant was that the room was really a bit full, which left you shuffling around the room. Clearly the owners had made some effort to tidy up the rooms with a new bathroom, however this had been done badly. The door to the bathroom had not been properly painted, there was no loo roll holder etc. The windows in the room were old and needed a good clean and possibly replacing.

I must say I did sleep well. I do think this hotel is probably more lower three star than 4. If I had paid full price I might have been gutted as after seeing the hotel website expected a far superior product.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I throughly enjoyed my stay at park grand.hotel had been gone through major refurbishment and everything was modern.staff was very helpful and intelligent with local area. Rooms were smaller in size but worthy for London hotels. definitely a good choice .

• Stayed December 2013
Dear guest,

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel..

Regards,

Been to Park Grand London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!