“excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Hyde Park

You added Park Grand London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Park Grand London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   78-82 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QA, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Ranked #362 of 1,062 Hotels in London
australia
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights and from begining untill end it was just fabulous,staff were wonderful- very helpful.location was also great,couple of minutes to paddington station,breakfast was good,rooms are bit small but comfortable and ovarall-truly exceptional-I will surely return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review, and your generous comments about our hotel and the service you experienced - I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind reviews such as yours are very much appreciated by all of the staff at the hotel - and I hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Greek first
canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stay at Park Grand for a week in Sept. No expectation and so no disappointment. Everything is just average. You pay what you get. I stay at the Club Room and is very spacious. Also, they do provide us the free wifi which is a plus. If you just want a quiet place to stay and close to the subway station, Park Grand is a good choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or you can call me on 02072624521 as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies

Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

me and my family booked this hotel to visit london during a long week end. Honestly I can say that all my expectations was confirmed during my trip . Room even if it was for 4 persons was good enough and clean . Breakfast was ok and support for our kid who has some intollerance was perfect and precise .location is perfect to reach underground by walking 5 minutes and hotel is also close to Hyde park area . around the hotel there are a lot of restaurant and pubs , location is quite and safe also during the night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Yeovil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

No wifi, bad mannered staff "well! You are the first person to complain!"
I am wiring this on an iPhone in the street, I don't want to sit in the room. Windows are BLACK!, net curtain is black with cigarette burns in it, carpet is torn. NON PAT tested kettle, AC smells of mould (unclean filter), glasses have white scum in the bottom, Television has "something" stuck on it, Walls are damaged, blood or red fluid running down radiator, 7th floor = no wifi and also lift only goes to 6th floor. I wish I could post pictures!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies

Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,
Gurdeep Singh
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed in the Park Grand London Hyde Park for 4 nights in September. We found this the best hotel we have stayed in, in London for many years. We were upgraded which made a big difference giving us more room. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The dining room accomodated guests easily with a lovely selection of food for breakfast.
The beds were very comfortable and I must say it was the best sleep I have had in a hotel bed. I would definately use this hotel again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Room accessible from lift.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Accra, Ghana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, just last week. We had a triple room with 3 single beds (two put into a double bed). The hotel itself is at a little confusing location in the neighbourhood due to the fact that ALL buildings in the area look identically the same and the hotel sign is hard to find, but after the second night we got used to it. The room we had was big enough, quiet, very nicely equipped, the beds were very comfortable, bathroom was very new, VERY CLEAN and not too small at all. Breakfast was lovely, nothing really missing from it and they had enough room for all the hotels guests. The only two bad things i can say about the hotel, is that the staff were rather rude and impatient and the elevator was SLOW and irritating. Being on the 4th floor we had to wait for the elevator for ages before it finally came around as it stops for every single floor at the hotel, and moves rather slowly at that. The staff were not helpful and were not locals which made it hard for them to tell us where the nearby shops and stations were and how to get there. Also we were always offered to buy things off the hotel which was a bit irritating. The staff were really the only major bad side of the hotel. Other than that, the hotel was lovely, location was great as well due to the fact that it is very close to Paddington station which literally connects you to anywhere you would need and/or want to go in London. Overall we had a great stay and would come back and recommend!

Room Tip: Stay at a triple or 4 people room!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 02072624521

Thank you again for taking the time to write the review.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Recently stayed at the hotel.
The staff was very friendly and was present to solve any problems we had.
The first night at the hotel was a bit tough due to bad wifi network and phone network as we were accommodated in the basement rooms. The problems were resolved as soon as we moved to the 5th floor of the hotel the very next day.
Avoid rooms in the basement at all costs.
Overall a great stay with good breakfast!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Thank you again for taking the time to write the review.

Best Regards,

Been to Park Grand London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!