“Very enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Hyde Park

You added Park Grand London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Park Grand London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   78-82 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QA, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STAY 3 NIGHTS GET 12% OFF
Ranked #339 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Very enjoyable stay in a lovely hotel. Staff were all a pleasure nothing was too much trouble. Would recommend this hotel and would stay again. Location was good once we got to grips with the underground system and although out of the city centre was accessible for all attractions.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about the Park Grand London Hyde Park. I am glad you have had a lovely stay with us, I was incredibly proud to relay your feedback to my team.

Your views are very much appreciated, we are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay and we thank you for complimenting our hotel and hotel team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed of our comments via TripAdvisor. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please contact me directly on 020 7262 4521.

Your Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Greek first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had booked a 2 night stay at the Park Grand London Hyde Park but were told, not asked, that we were being moved to this hotel. On arrival the reception staff were surly and offered no apology. We were in room 224 which we struglled to find! No instructions were given to find the room or indeed any information about breakfast!
The room was so small we just looked at each other in amazement! The bed looked like a single. The shower was so poor that I struggled to rinse my hair properly. The side light shade was hanging off!
That night we slept so badly we toyed with the idea of one of us sleeping on ther floor!
Some of ther staff were lovely especially in the dining room and on the door. The room was clean but far too small.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or you can call me on 02072624521 as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies

Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,
Tushar Aggarwal
Gothenburg, Västra Götaland, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

A nice and comfortable hotel, close to Paddington tube station.
Comfortable beds and quiet.
Breakfast was perfect and staff very helpful and service minded.
The area was also nice and it's a walkng distance to Hyde Park.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, August 13, 2013

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Room tiny and this let the hotel down. We had booked for a discount but expected more space especially as we had booked a superior twin room. Good choice at breakfast and waiting staff were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed August 2013
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 02072624521.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Newquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We only spent one night in this Hotel but was shown the same courtesy we would have expected for a fortnight stay. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room very clean although bathroom would be a little small for some. However,rather this than a cramped room. Lovely building - made a change from staying in the usual sterile 'all rooms exactly the same' Inns and Lodges so many of us tend to use these days. Good value for money. Close to tube and rail.Would stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Albany, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Lovely hotel very close to Paddington Station. Room very comfortable and clean. Bathroom clean and tidy, shower good size. Although room is not large, was set up to use space well. Air conditioning worked well and breakfast was quite nice with a good selection of items. Did I say clean? That is my #1 priority when travelling and this place met my expectations. Staff very helpful with getting us taxi and airport transportation. The only downside for us was that there were no decent restaurants nearby....sometimes you need a quick bite and don't want to go far.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We booked this hotel because of the proximity to Paddington Station. It's about a ten minute walk but if you have a lot of luggage, be aware that the sidewalks can be crowded and manuevering difficult. That being said, we had no real problem and taxis are available. When we arrived at the hotel (at about 9:30AM), we were greeted warmly and told our room would be ready in about an hour. They stored our luggage while we went sightseeing. When we returned, we were given a room on the third floor. It was a large room with a sitting area, bathroom, and kitchenette on the main floor with a sleeping loft upstairs. The room was very comfortable and immaculate. The bathroom was very small but stylish and spotless. Even though the room overlooked the street, it was quiet. We never could get the air conditioning to work but it was fine because the room was reasonably cool so we didn't bother to ask for help.
Other reviewers have mentioned tiny, single rooms so I would suggest reserving one of the larger, two story rooms if possible. We didn't have breakfast so I can't comment on that.
Overall, this is a nice, boutique hotel on a lovely tree lined street in a convenient location. I highly recommend it and would definitely stay there in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Your Sincerely

Been to Park Grand London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!