“Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Hyde Park

You added Park Grand London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Park Grand London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   78-82 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QA, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #369 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Cork, Ireland
“Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel is ideally situated a two min walk from Paddington tube station. Very central and would def stay here again for this reason. The hotel is clean,staff friendly and breakfast is good. The twin room was quite small but was practical for what we needed,good air con and comfortable beds. The bar is been renovated at the moment which to our annoyance we didn't know about till we arrived, one night we asked for room service (paninis and minerals) which is on the guest information book, but were told it was not possible but they could organise pizzas. They dropped a chipper menu up to us, we got two pizzas and two cokes £25 complete rip off. We were also asked to pay a £30 deposit when we arrived which didn't make sense either as my card was already guaranteed for the booking. The fire alarms went off one morning at 6:15am for a few seconds and again one night at 11:30pm for a few seconds. Also staff were having were having a very personal explicit conversation behind the counter,which really should have been kept for behind closed doors and not in front of customers.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 02072624521.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Greek first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Really liked my stay there. Location's perfect for my needs, next to Paddington station. Room's tidy, staff's friendly, price's reasonable. It's an excellent choice, if not expecting too much of a 4 star hotel in London

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about the Park Grand London Hyde Park. I am glad you have had a lovely stay with us, I was incredibly proud to relay your feedback to my team.

Your views are very much appreciated, we are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay and we thank you for complimenting our hotel and hotel team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed of our comments via TripAdvisor. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please contact me directly on 020 7262 4521.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Booked a Superior Double room - Inc. English Breakfast for 2 nights.
Driving into London was no problem, arrived at the hotel and could park in front of the hotel for a small charge (20 Pounds/day).
The staff is very nice, rooms are very clean, including bath/shower, tv and airco, which was very welcome as it was very warm. Bed is very comfortable and had a really good night rest. Breakfast very good, good choice and staff again is very nice and helpful.
Paddington Station/Underground is nearly around the corner.
We did have an amazing time and we will go soon again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hullbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

booked 2 x double rooms for sat 27/07/13 when arrived at reception were told rooms not available at this hotel problem with boiler ? was sent to sister hotel further down the road maybe the name put us off " Grand" because there was nothing grand about the hotel we were sent to.
Acknowledge problems can cause issues so accepting change of hotel was ok. we did expect given the location something a bit higher standard. The room we were sent to on the 4th floor was a mess with laundry all over the floor, found a cleaner who did get somebody to clear the room. It was ok but the very small bathroom was ridiculous, I am not the largest of guys but having a shower was a work of art , the bathroom was also a bit smelly with a cracked floor tile missing indices on shower valves and whoever chose the two wall lights has never tried to have a shave and a wash in the basin because of the excessive heat being given off the lights. One good point breakfast was spot on good choice of foods , very clean and tidy and service was fine.
I know the room was only £121.63 per room and given the location not too bad value however it could be better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or you can call me on 02072624521 as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies

Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,
Tushar Aggarwal
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were booked in to this hotel through Expedia. On arrival we were told they had "boiler problems" and the rooms had no hot water. They arranged for a car to take us round the corner to the Hyde Park Premier Paddington where we were offered 2 rooms in the basement - one with no window!!! It was 27 degrees in London that day! We declined and were offered 2 more rooms on the top floor - very musty smell. Again we declined and asked for an alternative. Another short walk around the corner and we were finally located in the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court Hotel - which was in a different league! Rooms small but clean and comfortable and proper air conditioning which was wonderful! And they threw in free breakfast which went a long way to cheer us up after the initial hassle!! A bad start turned out all right in the end but be assertive and don't let them give you sub-standard accommodation!

Room Tip: Can't comment on the rooms at the Park Grand Hyde Park as we didn't see them but read my com...
Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, October 5, 2013

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies

Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,
Pembrokeshire, West Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

There have been very mixed reviews of this hotel so I really wasnt sure what to expect. I booked a twin room for myself and my 14 year old niece. The reception staff were very friendly and I expect the nice lady took a shine to my niece as we were upgraded to a duplex. The sofa bed in room 125 was downstairs and looked rather uncomfortable but my young companion slept like a log. I had the big bed upstairs and had the best night's sleep I've ever had in London. Despite the AC not working the room wasn't overly hot. The shower room is admittedly tiny, but the shower itself is fantastic. We didn't have the cooked breakfast but enjoyed a continental breakfast. The hotel is 5 mins walk from Pad station and 8 mins from Lancaster Gate tube, we were there for the Anniversary Games at the Olympic Stadium so the location was perfect. My niece visits London fairly regularly and said she'd definitely stay there again, as would I. The staff were fantastic - friendly, quiet and professional. Thank you to all who made our stay so memorable and enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Seneca Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Despite mix-ups on payment by our travel agent, the management and staff made us feel welcome and comfortable. Our room was upgraded and very pleasant, especially the fruit, tea and coffee service. The location was within walking distance to parks and busses and made getting around very convenient for our first time visit to London. We look forward to our next stay and will book on line.

Room Tip: 6th floor facing stree had lovely tree top view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay.

I am glad that your experience overall was a positive one .Your comments have been re-laid to our team to ensure we are constantly providing best services to our guests.

I do hope you will return to us again in the near future. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please contact me directly.

Yours sincerely

Been to Park Grand London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!