“Good for our trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Hyde Park

You added Park Grand London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Park Grand London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   78-82 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QA, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STAY 3 NIGHTS GET 12% OFF
Ranked #340 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Good for our trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The main purpose of our trip is to apply for the schengen visa. So we choose this hotel because it's not far away from the battleship building. And the fact proved that was true. The rooms are clean and new, but the bathroom is a bit too small. And if you are looking for some place in the middle of the city, this might not be a good fit for your need.

Room Tip: if you are looking for some place in the middle of the city, this might not be a good fit for your n...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observation in regards to our staff; I will forward you comments to them.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Gourav Gupta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Greek first
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

3 night stay for leisure. Surprisingly pleased by proximity to Paddington Station since we used Heathrow Express, was initially nervous about walking with a weeks worth of luggage. The room/bathrooms were bigger than I expected for Europe. Deluxe double on 6th floor, facing street. Enough room for one suitcase on luggage rack and another on small love seat. Bed very soft, linens clean. Towels a bit worn, but we got a fresh set everyday. Wall furnace seemed to stay on but we used the room a/c unit to drop the room temp.
The final night there was a miscommunication with the front desk staff/room service order. It never arrived, it was very late and finally arrangements were made for pizza to be delivered since ingredients were not available to make our sandwich order-one hour later.
Had the free breakfast once, sufficient options. Did not use free coffee/tea set up in room. Fresh fruit a nice touch.
Our favorite pub across the street, Pride of Paddington, was a great lively place for a night cap. Ask for Daniel!

Room Tip: 603 worked for us. Signed up for hotel chain reward program, were told this was an upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Yours Sincerely,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I live just outside London but needed to stay over in London for an event. I found this hotel average at best. My single room was very very small, the radiator was stuck on very hot and they came to try and fix it with pliers as the knob was missing but could not fix it. The window only opening a small way so I was very hot in the night. The shower door leaked very badly so the bathroom floor got very wet. It also fell off its hinges when I used it so felt like a cheap fixture.
Room was clean and linen was fresh. Towels were old and bed was very soft. I guess you get what you pay for and in central London near paddington you don't get a lot of £100 nowadays. On laterooms it said the hotel room was £260 reduced to £99 but there is no way rack rate can be this high my expectation was set that I was getting an expensive hotel room, misleading.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or you can call me on 02072624521 as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies

Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Unfortunately, upon arriving, I was told that my reservation had been cancelled!! This was a shock, as I had booked it so, I was then informed that the booking had been duplicated. I naturally asked, if, it had been duplicated, there must be at least one booking still live :) NO, there was nothing booked for me :( So, The man at reception booked me into THE SMALLEST ROOM I think I have ever stayed in, and I do mean small :(
Overall, the hotel appeared to be good, the breakfast was good, as are most of the Shaftsbury hotels however, I am not quite as confident with the central reservations concept and I tend to stay in these hotels each week!!!

Room Tip: Check that it is not in the basement and, definitely not a single room!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We thank you for the feedback.

I must state that your booking was cancel because there was no credit card attached with that booking for guarantee. However, I am glad that we were able to accommodate you.

I regards to room size, we never had any complaint for your end while you were residing with us otherwise we would have definitely arrange another room for you. Our guest satisfaction is always on priority & we do our best to accommodate their needs.

I would like to request you to give us another opportunity to arrange bigger room for you. Please let me know about your future visit to do the arrangement.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed 6 nights in this hotel. I and my friend stayed in twin room, it was clean. At first window difficult to close but they fixed it very quickly. So hotel was nice and comfortable, it near paddington station. If you want to visit oxford circus just use Lancastergate, walked in 5 minutes. Mr Dennis and friends at front-desk so kind and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us & I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I will pass you feedback to Dennis & other members of staff.

Limerick, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here last week with work, it's in a great location if you want to be near Paddington and Hyde Park is only a few blocks walk away. The price is ok for this hotel, hotel is very clean and modern enough... I only used my room when I was there, My room was very small, there was little to no wardrobe space, they were embedded in panels in the wall and could only hold 5 pieces per panel, not good for work clothes. They had a pop down desk from another wall panel which was handy. The bathroom had no bath but was modern, the bedding too was modern and comfortable. There were stains from hot mugs on the furniture so that def needs upgrading.
The small rooms are ok for one person, 2 and you'll be in trouble, there is no space for your suitcase and with 2 you'll be tripping over each other... Good for business people, or if you're going to be out a lot, no shopping though you'll have no where to put the clothes bags.. I suggest you ask for a larger room if you are going there, for the price it's good .. One big issue I had my key card did not work ever time I came back to the hotel... very annoying.. Staff are very helpfull there. A good few eatery near by the hotel.. a nice few italians though and a good new coffee place with Illy coffee.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for the lovely comments on staff as well as service provided to you here at Park Grand London Hyde Park.
As mentioned, our rooms are indeed different in sizes. I would like to request you to give us an opportunity to arrange bigger room for you. Please let me know about your future visit to do the arrangement.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed 5 nights in the hotel.The hotel was very nice and all the staff were lovely. I stayed in a single room on the 4th fllor which was enough size and very clean. The bathroom was tiny but also immaculately clean. There was plenty of towels, toiletries, coffee, tea and a daily supply of biscuits (which is always appreciated). The staff were very helpful and any requests were dealt with immediately. The breakfast was good quality and tasty with a lot of choice and there was an abundance of good food to choose from. I was greeted with big smiles from the staff at breakfast every day and they were all very helpful. The breakfast manager was particularly good, making sure everything was fine and that we were all happy with the food and service. The location is also good, just a short walk from the high street and canal side (shops/restaurants) and the tube/train station. There is a nice canal side walk to Camden Town (approx 40 mins) The hotel is also only a short walk from Hyde Park, the largest green area in london which is very much a bonus if you want to escape the hectic pace of the city for a while. I had a room at the back of the hotel so it was very quiet. I would definately recommend this hotel and would personally stay there again when visiting london. If you book this hotel for a stay in london, you will not be disappointed and you will be close to many amenities

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to read about our team’s friendliness and also your comments on our hotel cleanliness.
Hope to have a chance to give you warm welcome back in the near future.
Best Regards
Gourav Gupta

Been to Park Grand London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!