“Fantastic quality hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Hyde Park

Save Saved
You added Park Grand London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Park Grand London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   78-82 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QA, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #347 of 1,073 hotels in London
neath
“Fantastic quality hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

5 minuits from padington station on foot. Great rooms and breakfast . Fantastic service from all the staff nothing was to much trouble. The restaurant team worked hard to serve the customers at the hotel the free breakfast which is on offer. This consisted of quality bacon and sausages scrambled or boiled eggs, mushrooms, saute potatoes grilled tomatoes and beans. Great selection of yogurts and juices and a good selection of cereals and patisserie. Better than some 5 star hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observation in regards to our Restuarant staff; I will forward you comments to them.
For any assistance you may required please do not hesitate to write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Kind regards

773 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Trollhattan, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We vent to London for visiting our daughter and arrived in the afternoon. We had a warm welcoming and the room was to our liking, maybe one more wardrobe. The bathroom was perfect with floor heating and high quality water taps. A short walk to the Underground and lots of restaurants nearby. It really is a perfect hotel to stay in for whatever the reason of visiting London.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observations.
We hope to see you again very soon & you can certainly write to me housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com for any assistance you may require.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

All I can say about this hotel is it's PERFECT! I can not find anything slightly bad to say it was perfect on every level. All the staff should be proud to make an hotel stay feel this special. PERFECCT! PERFECT! PERFECT!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to read your comments & I am glad we were able to meet your expectations.
Hope to have a chance to give you warm welcome back in the near future.
Best Regards
Urunga, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My daughter and I chanced a booking at this hotel, having arrived in London to find our original week's accommodation at another hotel was no longer available, and we had nowhere to stay. Someone was definitely looking after us! We booked online from an internet cafe around the corner and turned up at this hotel to the most welcoming staff I have ever encountered. Nothing was a problem, from the initial booking in to booking out a week later. Our bags were carried to and from our room, tours booked and local and sightseeing information given with knowledge and interest, and assistance readily given with internet access. The location of this hotel is great, being a 2 minute walk from Paddington train station and underground, which gives easy access to Heathrow and all the sights of London. Restaurant and shopping facilities are all within a short walking distance. It is a 5 minute walk to Hyde Park, which can extend to a 20 minute walk to Oxford Street if you are so inclined. Our room was plenty big enough, and the bathroom, although compact was good, with plenty of hot water. The room was cleaned and the complimentary tea, coffee etc replenished every day. Breakfast was included and there was a huge choice of food from cereal to fruit to traditional english breakfast, and included the availability of gluten free foods, an essential for us. Like the reception staff, the dining room staff were professional and friendly and all requests were handled promptly and with a smile. As part of our holiday, we had left 4 days free before coming home to do the things we may have missed in London first time round. We had no hesitation in re-booking at the Park Grand London Hyde Park, and it would be our first choice of accommodation if/when we come back to the UK. Thankyou everyone for helping to make our holiday such a memorable one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Exceeded expectations and rooms were very impressive for the price we paid. Our standard double room was beautifully furnished with outlets and light switches near each bed. There was a large LG plasma TV, complimentary tea, coffee, biscuits, and a hot water boiler. Bathroom had a nice shower head and heated floors. Plenty of closet space and a safe for laptops. The room had heating and central air and the hotel offered free luggage storage if you arrive before checkin time (3pm). Staff and receptionists were all very professional, friendly, and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast buffet was quite extensive and there was even waiter service! Hotel is in a prime location close to Paddington station and there are many restaurants, post offices, souvenir shops, etc conveniently nearby. My only complaint is for the slow WiFi, and that the shower ran out of hot water during peak usage times. But overall, a very pleasant and comfortable stay-I would highly recommend Park Grand London Hyde Park.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your wonderful review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stays with us. Thank you for your positive comments about the Hotel.
Hope to welcome you back soon!
jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

When we arrived in the hotel, we instantly love the area where the hotel located.It is only 10 minutes away from Padington train station and we could find anything we need in that train station area. Even the room is too small typical European hotel for 4 star hotel but we love the interior and also the view from our window. Since I am big girl, it's little beat hard to use the bathroom closet due to very small space this hotel has. The staffs are very helpful to us and they are very informative about which places we should go near the hotel.

Since the hotel located very close to one of the biggest train station in UK, you could use trains or underground easily from this station.

Room Tip: If you need a very good sleep after long flight, I think this hotel would be the best choice for you
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for the lovely comments on staff as well as service provided to you here at Park Grand London Hyde Park.
As mentioned, our rooms are indeed different in sizes. I would like to request you to give us an opportunity to arrange bigger room for you. Please let me know about your future visit to do the arrangement.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I just returned from four nights at the Park Grand London Hyde Park. I booked a single room and the other reviews are correct, the singles are tiny. But it was very clean and neat. I really appreciated the heated floor in the bathroom. There are no lifts that I'm aware of, and getting to my room required going through a series of fire doors, down several corridors and up a windy bit of stairs, but an employee was nice enough to bring my bag up to the my room for me. When I got in I was a little confused on how the lights worked. I called the front desk and someone came up within a minute to help. All the employees are friendly and helpful, and the room was always very clean when I returned in the afternoon. The hotel is nicely located near Paddington Station. It's in a quiet neighboorhood and I didn't hear any traffic or other noises at night. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your wonderful review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stays with us. With regards to Lift, We do have lifts as we have 7 floor building. Kindly inform me before next visit & I will certainly try to book you on higher floor. Thank you for your positive comments about the Hotel.
Hope to welcome you back soon!
Gourav Gupta

Been to Park Grand London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!