“Fabulous Hotel All Round” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Hyde Park

Save Saved
You added Park Grand London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Park Grand London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   78-82 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QA, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #348 of 1,075 hotels in London
Urunga, Australia
“Fabulous Hotel All Round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My daughter and I chanced a booking at this hotel, having arrived in London to find our original week's accommodation at another hotel was no longer available, and we had nowhere to stay. Someone was definitely looking after us! We booked online from an internet cafe around the corner and turned up at this hotel to the most welcoming staff I have ever encountered. Nothing was a problem, from the initial booking in to booking out a week later. Our bags were carried to and from our room, tours booked and local and sightseeing information given with knowledge and interest, and assistance readily given with internet access. The location of this hotel is great, being a 2 minute walk from Paddington train station and underground, which gives easy access to Heathrow and all the sights of London. Restaurant and shopping facilities are all within a short walking distance. It is a 5 minute walk to Hyde Park, which can extend to a 20 minute walk to Oxford Street if you are so inclined. Our room was plenty big enough, and the bathroom, although compact was good, with plenty of hot water. The room was cleaned and the complimentary tea, coffee etc replenished every day. Breakfast was included and there was a huge choice of food from cereal to fruit to traditional english breakfast, and included the availability of gluten free foods, an essential for us. Like the reception staff, the dining room staff were professional and friendly and all requests were handled promptly and with a smile. As part of our holiday, we had left 4 days free before coming home to do the things we may have missed in London first time round. We had no hesitation in re-booking at the Park Grand London Hyde Park, and it would be our first choice of accommodation if/when we come back to the UK. Thankyou everyone for helping to make our holiday such a memorable one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

707 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Exceeded expectations and rooms were very impressive for the price we paid. Our standard double room was beautifully furnished with outlets and light switches near each bed. There was a large LG plasma TV, complimentary tea, coffee, biscuits, and a hot water boiler. Bathroom had a nice shower head and heated floors. Plenty of closet space and a safe for laptops. The room had heating and central air and the hotel offered free luggage storage if you arrive before checkin time (3pm). Staff and receptionists were all very professional, friendly, and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast buffet was quite extensive and there was even waiter service! Hotel is in a prime location close to Paddington station and there are many restaurants, post offices, souvenir shops, etc conveniently nearby. My only complaint is for the slow WiFi, and that the shower ran out of hot water during peak usage times. But overall, a very pleasant and comfortable stay-I would highly recommend Park Grand London Hyde Park.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 6, 2013

Thank you very much for taking time to share your wonderful review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stays with us. Thank you for your positive comments about the Hotel.
jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

When we arrived in the hotel, we instantly love the area where the hotel located.It is only 10 minutes away from Padington train station and we could find anything we need in that train station area. Even the room is too small typical European hotel for 4 star hotel but we love the interior and also the view from our window. Since I am big girl, it's little beat hard to use the bathroom closet due to very small space this hotel has. The staffs are very helpful to us and they are very informative about which places we should go near the hotel.

Since the hotel located very close to one of the biggest train station in UK, you could use trains or underground easily from this station.

Room Tip: If you need a very good sleep after long flight, I think this hotel would be the best choice for you
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for the lovely comments on staff as well as service provided to you here at Park Grand London Hyde Park.
As mentioned, our rooms are indeed different in sizes. I would like to request you to give us an opportunity to arrange bigger room for you. Please let me know about your future visit to do the arrangement.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I just returned from four nights at the Park Grand London Hyde Park. I booked a single room and the other reviews are correct, the singles are tiny. But it was very clean and neat. I really appreciated the heated floor in the bathroom. There are no lifts that I'm aware of, and getting to my room required going through a series of fire doors, down several corridors and up a windy bit of stairs, but an employee was nice enough to bring my bag up to the my room for me. When I got in I was a little confused on how the lights worked. I called the front desk and someone came up within a minute to help. All the employees are friendly and helpful, and the room was always very clean when I returned in the afternoon. The hotel is nicely located near Paddington Station. It's in a quiet neighboorhood and I didn't hear any traffic or other noises at night. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 2, 2013

Thank you very much for taking time to share your wonderful review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stays with us. With regards to Lift, We do have lifts as we have 7 floor building. Kindly inform me before next visit & I will certainly try to book you on higher floor. Thank you for your positive comments about the Hotel.
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great place stayed for 2 days with family kids love it had the quad family room cant complain at all very good prices and the breakfast was first class had a great stay in london and was a great hotel to come back to at night will stay again

Room Tip: If you are a family of 4 go for the quad room cant go wrong
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises. We are more than happy to have you with us and will defiantly look forward to your visit.
For assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Some past reviews of this hotel were not very good but I found the price to be reasonable and in a good location so I took a risk and booked it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was nice and clean and comfortable. I ordered room service due to my late evening arrival. Room service food was nothing special but hit the spot in regards to something pretty simple (it was either pizza or a sandwich). Breakfast was included with my room which was great and they had lots of food options to choose from. Wifi was included as well which is a must have for me. I did have a hard time in the rain and snow and dark finding the hotel but it is near Paddington station. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: They asked if I wanted to take a room right next to the reception desk but then I asked for a more q...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, March 29, 2013

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I booked this hotel on business at the end of January. However when I arrived at the hotel I was told I would be moved to a sister hotel in Hounslow (No prior warning at all to give me a chance to book into another hotel!) (Also Hounslow is a bad area, not a safe part of London). This area was NOT convenient location wise and when I explained this but I was told they could not offer anything else at any other hotel. I had to make a 40 minute journey all the way to Hounslow, and get up even earlier in the morning to attend the business event. Do not bother booking with this hotel as they will just shove you somewhere else. Abysmal service and RUDE staff. DO NOT BOOK. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies

Thank you very much.
Gourav Gutpa

Been to Park Grand London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!