“For the price you cant beat this place” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Park Grand London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
Park Grand London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   78-82 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QA, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #340 of 1,071 hotels in London
“For the price you cant beat this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great. Clean with friendly and attentive staff. We were greeted, checked in swiftly and taken to our room. The rooms are small but for the price you cant complain. Full breakfast in the morning sets you up for the day out. The location couldnt be better walking distance of kennsingron park. Lots of resturants ro choose form. Would go again.

• Stayed January 2013
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to read about our team’s friendliness and also your comments on our hotel cleanliness.
Hope to have a chance to give you warm welcome back in the near future.
Best Regards

637 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Pleasant staff. Well equipped although very small room.
Clean modern if a bit lacking in character
Very handy both for station and getting into central London.
Restaurant choice nearby a bit limited
Given price really, can't complain

Dear Guest,

We thank you for the lovely comments on staff as well as service provided to you here at Park Grand London Hyde Park.
As mentioned, our rooms are indeed different in sizes. I would like to request you to contact me in advance to arrange bigger room for you. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Don't bother booking as they will have a maintenance problem which appears to be a continuous thing according to previous reviews. You will be moved to a hotel that is completely inconvenient regarding location (also a rough area) and not be informed of this 'maintenance problem' until check in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies.

Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I could not fault the facilities or the staff. The room was a very good four star standard and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly.
I arrive at lunch time on my first day and check in was no problem as I was given a room immediately.
There were plenty of staff who who all very eager to offer help and assistance. The room was quiet, clean and a very good standard.
The full English breakfast included in my deal was good quality and well presented and on both mornings the staff were again pleasant and helpful.
All in all a very refreshing change from some London hotels I have used.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By giving us your feed back , it motivates our staff . Please write to me when your plan your trip to London, I will be happy to assist you. You can write to me on - housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. Look forward to have you back.
Yours Sincerely,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights. The standard was high, the facilities great. I was particularly impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and it was dealt with promptly. I would definitely recommend it.

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Hot Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel was very convenient to the Underground train. The rooms were small and very clean. The breakfast was very good with a continential and a hot bar. Free wi-fi. We were booked into another hotel but when we got there, there were no rooms for us, thank goodness. They moved us to the park grand which was a step up. The bathroom had ample room to bath and get dressed. The bedroom had a queen bed a desk, chair and closet. Iron, ironing board and hair dryer were furnished. No clock in the room. Good lighting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
As mentioned, our rooms are indeed different in sizes. I would like to request you to give us an opportunity to arrange better room.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observation in regards to our Breakfast
We hope to see you again very soon.
Nice, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Finding value-for-money hotel in London is not an easy task; London hotels are expensive, often very busy and suffer from generally low standards. This hotel, like others in the Shaftsbury group of hotels, has its faults and your experience will depend on the room allocated and the staff on-the-day. This was my first stay at this particular hotel but I have stayed in at least 6 others in London from the same group and have a silver-level membership as a result; this may positively colour the service I received on this occasion, and others (I hope so!). The main attraction of this and its sister hotels (all share essentially the same room-size (small), decor, furnishings, service-levels etc though a few are a bit more deluxe than the rest. I would return to this and other Shaftsbury hotels because they are recently converted (less than 2+ years?) and therefore fresher, cleaner and more modern than many equivalents at the same price. Rack rates are ridiculous and this hotel is only value-for-money for me when its available below £100 per night.

Room Tip: If you want a standard room size then you will need to go for the top-tier rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.
Our bedrooms are much bigger than average London room For obvious reasons I cannot comment on rates but I can ensure you to find good deal for your future stay.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observation in regards to decor. I request you to please write to me before you next visit and I will make sure we look after you well. You can write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
We hope to see you again very soon.
Gourav Gupta

Been to Park Grand London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!